Your Worst Video Game Ever

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Well as i've said in other threads before, i often research the shit outta the games i buy/ buy sequels.

So when i tried Dynasty Warriors strikeforce (i think) i returned that shit in like 2 weeks later. After 2 attempts. BECAUSE I WENT SUPER SAYIAN WHAT THE FUCK.

Gylukios

The Red Comet
Dec 3, 2008
That awful Turok reboot for the 360. Game was really, really bad but I had enough fun with the comic absurdity of the knife kills, especially the dinosaur ones, that I can't consider the game a bad purchase.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
Joseph McConnell said:
*jokingly* Ya'll young whipper snappers don't know what's bad... ET for Atari 2600... That was like the Father of all bad video games. It was so bad Atari buried a bunch of em. :)
And I actually own a copy!

Besides ET, besides Sonic 06, I'd say my worst game is probably X-Men: Next Dimension; it was a crappy fighting game for the Gamecube and just left me frustrated. Whoever made that dross, leave Capcom to do the badass fighting game stuff with Marvel.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
brutalfang said:
Phantasy Star Universe. Specifically, it's Story Mode. I couldn't play the online mode (which I've heard is actually quite good), so all I was left with was the Story Mode.

... Let's just say "the main character's voice acting alone was enough to make me stop".
This. Just... awful. And to think it was a "sequel"-ish thing to Phantasy Star Online, which I think is among my favourite action RPGs...

Vanilla_Druid

Feb 14, 2012
The worst game I ever played was that Shrek fighting game for the Gameboy Color. Wrecking Crew is a worthy mention due to being extremely boring.

Sepphyre

Mar 3, 2011
Minecraft.

Oh wait, you said worst game. Minecraft isn't a game... so, lemme get back to you on that one.

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Frontlines: Fuel of War. I got it in a THQ pack a year ago, and I did not find it enjoyable at all. Tried to find something in it that it did that was new or different, but it failed to impress me.

But I have two runners up, being more "disappointments":

Assassin's Creed
X-Com Apocalypse

The Assassin's Creed series has always been talked about around me, but when I finally got my hands on it, jumping off tall buildings aside, I couldn't stand it. I've heard the second one irons out all the wrinkles I hated, but it left a bad taste in my mouth so it's going to be a while before I pick anymore up.

Apocalypse... *sigh*... X-Com I found to be AMAZING, read about Apocalypse and thought it would be an even better extension of that... Boy, was I let down.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
The worst game I've ever played.....FF10. I was told it was the best, so I borrowed it and played some of it. Now, I hate anime tropes with a passion. Its why I roll my eyes and throw up in my mouth listening to most animes and jrpgs. I decided to give FF a try, and my friend said it would be the best one to start with.

I swear to god those games are more linear than rail shooters. In fact, I think I have more fun with rail shooters. Final Fantasy games.....just....ugh.

Mar 30, 2010
Worst game?

Ever?!?

Rise of the Robots.

If you know what I'm talking about, you have my deepest sympathies.

Now if you'll excuse me, remembering that game ever existed has made me feel violently ill. I hope you're proud of yourself OP.

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
Just to get it out of the way: "Oh hey, this thread again."
No offense but it's still that ET game for the Atari.

Within this current generation though, I'd say ... probably that hunting game on the wii where you start out in the arctic. The aiming delay throws everything off and there are SO MANY PLOTHOLES. For example, girl A needs a coat to keep warm. I have to kill about 20 wolves and 5 moose before my character gives up and just puts her into a moose carcase Battle of Hoth style.

Lenriak

Apr 15, 2009
Action 52: there is absolutely no reason for that garbage to be better than anything else in existance.

Direbaka

Jul 10, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Electro Dave said:
Bioshock. (Picks up +5 shield of resist flame)

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release
I would say this, but even BioShock pales in comparison to Metroid: Other M. Seriously, what the hell were the developers thinking?! It wasn't just bad, it was insulting.
I have a lot of games that I felt were bad, or at least a waste of my time and money. That thing just drove me insane though. I am a huge fan of the metroid series (100% on every game in the series... even Other M) and it is the only game that I beat and instantly traded in. I would hate it more but I got a cool deal where I got a 20 dollar gift card when I bought it and traded it in for 30 bucks. So it at least didn't cost me anything.

Still bitter though...

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
And not a single mention of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing?
Problem with games like Big Rigs and Crazy Bus coming up on these lists is that they're so lacking in content you just can't hate them. I always say my least favourite games are Metroid: Other M and BioShock, the former because it was an injustice to the series and the latter because literally everyone tells you how good it is, when I can honestly say that I was not having any fun past the 1 hour mark. And because of my mindset, I completed the other 19 hours. Games like ET or Pacman for the Atari I can just give up on. Basically, it needs to be bad with something special.
Oh, very well. PERSONALLY the worse game I've ever played would be Ninja Gaiden 2. Just good enough to keep you playing and just horrible enough to aggravate you into the depths of hell. I wrote a thread on this a while ago.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
alliance of valiant arms, its a pay to win counterstrike clone and i fucking hate counterstrike.

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
Kitsuna10060 said:
snip (Summary: White Knight sucks)
I can't really disagree with you, but I still somehow enjoyed that game. I broke from my usual tradition of character creation and made a tiny little girl with a punk-rock hairdo and glasses who exclusively fought with katana. I don't know why, but her lack of inclusion in the main story was actually really entertaining to me... she was just along for the ride and it was so absurd and silly that I would always laugh when I saw her in cutscenes like "Oh, right... and Gunbone's here too!"

The story was bland and barely serviceable, but I liked the combat (what can I say... I'm a FFXII fan too), and actually the online portions of the game were very fun, but the single-player story was an effectively-necessary prerequisite for even STARTING the online, so you had to be willing to suffer to get to the fun part.

I guess it was just one of those games that I liked warts and all, but I will never defend it to people who say it sucked because you know what... they're right!

OT: MY most hated game is Catherine. I actually curl my lip up in anger anytime I see a picture of the cover. Persona 4 is my favorite game ever and when I saw that the team was working on something new and different, I was super excited to see what they would come up with, but all I got was a game with too-easy normal levels matched up with ABSURDLY impossible boss fights (for me), and a boring story with an utterly unlikable main character and a really ugly story:gameplay ratio for a developer whose stories I always love.