"You're screwed" moments

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Ldude893 said:
That ringing that comes up the moment you realize a Care Package in MW3 Multiplayer is actually a decoy bomb.
I hate it when that happens.
That is true any time you hear the activation of an explosive.

Was playing the Halo Reach campaign on legendary with a few friends earlier and we were on The Package level. We had just gone throught the part where you have to make it past two Scarabs on a mongoose. I had moved far enough forward to activate the wraith so that it started shooting and said "Well this could end badly." Not two seconds later one of my friends pulls up near to me in a mongoose and gets nailed by a wraith mortar. Things like this seem to happen quite often when I say things like that.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
minecraft try to head out my front door only to find three creepers waiting for me ...

skyrim level 20 somehow mangaged to aggro 2 mammoths near a camp while being low health somehow mangage to make it to nearby whiterun and have the guards slaughter them

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
I was playing Fallout: New Vegas today and found myself in a bathroom stall in NCR Ranger Station Charlie with 4 Deathclaws right outside who had just killed the only NCR guy there.

Let's just say trying to sneak through Primm Pass at level 1 wasn't my best idea ever.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
You know how the Director is L4D2 is supposed to bring out the horde when you have health and ammo galore, then give you a quick respite when low to keep you alive as long as possible, prolonging your torment? Well, the Director in my game apparently missed the seminar on 'When to give health' and instead went twice to 'fuck their shit up'. Really, many are the times our party is low on everything, we fight off one massive horde, then land slap-bang in the middle of another.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
chickenhound said:
minecraft try to head out my front door only to find three creepers waiting for me ...
Every time I here that sound come from behind me the only thing that goes through my mind is "SHIIIIT!"

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Skyrim, just jogging about at level 7 in peace... Oh, what's that I spy at the horizon? Looks like a dragon wall...
I approach, but it seems nobody is home, and I can't hear any dragons about, either. I approach, and notice a sarcophagus by the foot of the wall, and expect a boss-level Draugr. But no biggie, I've killed them before, and I've got plenty of room to kite him.

Lid bursts open, Dragon Priest arrives, hovers at me and shoots ice shards at me. Suppose I should have made him breakfast. I realise after about three seconds he's not exactly my size... So I decide to attempt to wittle down his health, hiding behind rocks and slowly but surely kill him. Hey, worth a shot.
I'm nearly dead, hiding behind a rock with a chunk of ice sticking through my chest, rethinking my strategy and deciding to leg it. But as I prepare to break and run, with Mr Grumpy hovering up behind the rock, I hear a dragon.
"Aaaah, piss."
Of course it lands right on my escape route, of course it's a bit too much for me, and of course Hovercorpse has found me.
When I ran away with Hovercorpse & AttentionDragon on my back, an assassin feels left out and joins the fray, which then suddenly involves a poor huntsman and his horse. I ended up a Khajiit-flavoured icecream on the ground while the rest of the gang duked it out over my reload-screen.

chickenhound said:
Had one of them waiting inside my house once, just chilling out in my lounge. I have no idea how he got there, but he was -very- happy to see me...

He managed to blow me up, blow up my TNT-block I carelessly left in the basement, which in turn caused a magma-based chain reaction that started a forest fire. He blew me up, blew my house up, set fire to the ruins and burned down the entire forest around for miles. I'm convinced I met the devil when I came home that day...

TechnoRaven

Mar 10, 2012
It was in assassins creed 2.

Being turned into a pin cushion on the rooftops, i fell off right into the middle of a guard patrol. I killed one of them WHILE being shot by archers WHILE his 3 buddy's were whacking me.

I grabbed one and chucked him into a scaffolding, insta-killing him and collapsing it down, with a archer on top of it. The archer flew off and landed on a smaller roof, sliding down it and landing on the other side of the street, which i couldn't see. 6 seconds later, a patrol + 3 guardsman + a Templar rounded the corner.

A couple minutes of running trough the city with benny hill playing later, the Templar finally offed me with his sword. After that point, i never threw anybody into a scaffolding again.

EDIT: Any dwarf fortress run. ANY.

marobidoux

Oct 25, 2010
Demon's Souls, World 5-2, which is a giant poisonous swamp where you can't run or dodge, but the ennemies can move freely. I looked far ahead and saw what seemed like a group of normal trolls armed with clubs, so I decided I would lure them out one by one with arrows. These weren't normal trolls. They were GIANT ones and they came rushing all at once. With no possibility of outrunning or dodging them, I just dropped the controller and shouted "Argh come on!" as they turned my character into puree.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
fighting berserkers in gears 3. alone. and only have ammo left for a pistol.
No god can save you now, boy.

Moriim

Jul 12, 2010
Playing Spy on any CTF map in TF2. You're almost always suspicious looking so you anticipate death pretty much all the time, and the worst part is is that you can't show it or else you will die. It's like...a self fulfilling prophecy or something.

More recently, champions on Hell mode in Diablo 3. Mortar spamming, Vampiric, Invincible minions, Shielding champion. Always tons of fun as a Demon Hunter.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Biodeamon said:
fighting berserkers in gears 3. alone. and only have ammo left for a pistol.
No god can save you now, boy.
So, so true.

Muspelheim said:
Had one of them waiting inside my house once, just chilling out in my lounge. I have no idea how he got there, but he was -very- happy to see me...
Just today I had not one, not two, but three creepers waiting right out side the door of one of the little safe houses I've built and there were at least four more within a thirty block radius of the house. I made it out alive, but if that doesn't make "fuck me" go though your mind not much else will.

Also, working underwater in Minecraft and realizing your air is low and frantically trying to swim up only to be pushed right back down. The bullshit thing is that this happened at least three times to me today and at least of those times I was within a block or so of the surface. I can feel the rage rising just thinking about it.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Ah, a peaceful sunset over your minecraft world.

You're nowhere near your house, and you have next to no materials.

Start digging, dead man.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins, on the first playthrough where I discovered Morrigan's side-quest. I confronted Flemeth and challenged her, and then she turned into a dragon.

My reaction: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..........O_O

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
So I was sweeping my opponents team in pokemon (without team preview, this is important.) Chandelure is my last guy and is wielding Life Orb and is at plus two from calm mind. He just plowed through 4 guys and what is his last guy? unaware Quagsire. Then I get wrecked by scald because I don't carry energy ball (thought HP fighting was more important).

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
ME3 towards the end...

HOW MANY BANSHEES??!! seriosuly how many??!
I hated that part sooooooooo much. Particularly when one literally came up behind me on my first run through of the part and insta-killed me right there. Nearly had a rage-quit after like five tries, but I finally got it on the sixth.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
doo doo doo do dooo playin me3. OH SHIT IS THAT A BANSHEE. (it is worse because i am a vanguard and my tactic is biotic charge shotty until it rechages biotic chagre rinse and repeat.)

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
spartandude said:
while not a video game

You're fucked if you see anything from 40k lore.

ANYTHING.

OT: Also 40k, dawn of war. If you play against necrons and let them turtle a huge amount of units, you get an "Oh shit" moment when you see their massive army of OP units, and their base that has been turned into an unstoppable killing machine. Their main building alone is enough to floor most armies, and then they have all their normal units too :(
No one can repel that.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
Combine Rustler said:
LoL.
Whenever you see a gigantic anchor flying towards you from the bush, followed by a hulking metallic monstrosity. Neither man nor god can help you now.
I fucking love Nautilus.

Silent Hill 2. I decided to start a playthrough on the hardest difficulty. I'm in the apartment building section and I have no bullets and I have so little health that just one hit is an insta-kill. And the room I'm supposed to go to is in a hallway with four Lying Figures in it. I decide to make a mad dash for it. At about 3/4 of the way there I encounter two of the four Figures in the vicinity. I decide to run back for the door I came from but as I turn around, I see, to my horror, the other two Lying Figures in my way. I've been boxed in by these four enemies.

Needless to say, I died. But upon loading my save, I discover that I had saved right before this encounter. So I am currently stuck in an infinite loop of this scenario.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
When I failstab (for some unknown reasons even to God) someone in the middle of 3-5 lvl 3 sentries. (Eternal Reward).
Failstabs are the bane of spies everywhere...

OT: Also on tf2, when you're defending with very little time to go, and them boom your entire base gets taken out by a spy, all your sentries, engies and heavies killed.

Or, when you're attacking, with the last wave that you're going to get, and before you even get to the front line, a spy with the eternal reward comes up and stabs you all, reducing your last wave before you run out of time to a few people.

Luckily, I main spy and it's my best class, so for the most part I get to give people Oh shit moments.