Youtube personalities

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I watch a lot of TheSW1tcher, or SuperBestFriends as most people know them, mostly for there LP'S and sometimes the podcasts. Most of the time I watch completed LP's while newer ones take there course and are finished.

Gopher is a YouTuber I watch a lot of as well. I got into his videos with his FO3/NV/Skyrim mod tutorials. After that I started to watch his LP's and now I even watch his Live Streams if I can catch them on time or my internet is good enough. I also really like the FO4 speculation videos he has done over the weeks, mostly cause he keeps a levelled head about him.

ShoodyCast is one I watch every Friday for their Lore videos. Mostly for the Fallout stuff, it's a good way to find out all about the older Fallout games without having playing them.

CinemaSins is probably the last one I really frequent. He when the video ribs on a Movie I like I still really enjoy it and find myself agreeing to some of the points brought up. It's also the only way so far I have seen the Twilight films.

After that I watch stuff like RoosterTeeth, Achievement Hunter, FunHaus, and Reel Rejects.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Lets see...Keith Olberman on ESPN, Jon Oliver, Bill Maher, Jim Sterling, Yahtzee's stuff, Markiplier, Filthy Frank(when I remember to), general pony related things, and the occasional giant spider vs giant grasshopper death match.

As much as I like YouTube, I'm rarely actively watching them. I usually put something on my phone while I work or on my lappy when I go to sleep. Rarely do I sit down and give what Yahtzee is meandering on about my full 100% attention.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I mainly watched PewDiePie (don't judge me!) on a daily basis and sometimes Markiplier depending on the games he's playing.

I also watched these lots aswwell

TeamFourStar (well technically I watched it on their site)
HiSHE (How it should had ended)
Rooster Teeth (I don't watched all of their videos)
RebelTaxi
D Piddy (his Deadpool videos always give me a good laugh)

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
I really wish I could be one, but I'll porbably keep on LPing stuff anyway XD

as for what I watch...*prepares to be attacked*

Thunderf00t, MundaneMatt, AlphaOmegaSin, Matt Dillahunty/Atheist Experience, The Bible Reloaded...I need some degree of sanity* to balance out my family.

*declaration of sanity reative to individuals. I mean, Hugo and Jake are clearly out of their minds, but still entertaining.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I've accumulated a collection of personalities in my subscriptions over the years. Some of my favorites are as follows:

Super Bunnyhop is a fantastic channel that covers video game reviews and commentaries. Mr. Weidman is intelligent, insightful and entertaining to boot. Moreover, he has an actual journalism degree and frequently puts mainstream video game "journalists" to shame.

Jerma985 for his gameplay footage/commentaries and vocal performances. Also has one hell of an infectious laugh. Often plays with his friend STAR_
HelloGreedo covers Star Wars related news, reviews, and commentary. Rocks an awesome Stormtrooper helmet.

Lazy Game Reviews is my go-to channel for old-school DOS game reviews, computer history and generally laid-back presentation.

EffingController is a Let's Player with a focus on subsims and obscure titles. I tend to gravitate more towards smaller LP'ers, and his channel is a good example why. It feels more personable and genuine, and the comments are actually decent instead of a toxic cesspool.

JonTron, because he's fucking JonTron.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Too many to list.

Most of them however have been pretty disappointing(as time went by).

Recently I've gotten a liking for Super Bunnyhop since he's an actual games journalist and has some professionalism about him, and Videogamer cause they're a bloody riot.

Probably because I'm getting old.

Sep 13, 2009
Not really into the "Youtube personality" thing. I don't tend to watch much on Youtube, usually when I do, it's either stuff like LRR or Feed Dump, music, trailers, or commentary-free gameplay. Never got the appeal of the "Personality" part of the equation, and more often than not I find it is absolutely obnoxious and detracts from the parts I actually want to see. Like, with let's plays typically what I see is someone hanging out with their friends and recording themselves joking around. Which is fine, but I'd rather do that with my own friends than watch someone else do it with theirs

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
Primarily Game Grumps. Also look in on Markiplier every now and then.
These two, and whatever the Normal Boots crew is up to. I've subscribed to a conglomerate of content guaranteed to keep a nice, wide smile on my face.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Rylot said:
Heir of Carthage plays some interesting campaigns and provides some interesting commentary.
Hey, I recently found him too on a total war binge of my own! :D

I watched through his first Rome 2 Carthage campaign.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
I usual hop around when it comes to Youtube content makers but the ones I do frequent are as follows for given reasons.

Jim Sterling: Mostly for the Jimquisition, but I do gander at the other stuff he puts out like 'The Best of Steam Greenlight' and the Squirty Plays. What can I say its Jim, he usually provides some form of insight to stuff whilst putting out quality work.

Yahtzee: of all the gaming duos or groups out there, Gabe and Yahtzee are among my faves, quirky banter and some lazy gameplay with the Drown Outs and a look at Yahtzee's old games with the Ego Reviews always make for a good Sunday afternoon.

Demolition D+ (douchebagChocolat): Not gonna lie, when it comes to anime I consider myself a satellite to the medium, far to many times have I touched down and watched a show only to leave disappointed and feel like wasted my time, hell knows why I'm still watching Shokugeki no Soma... its terrible but mayhaps I'm subconsciously punishing for something I did.. But anyway! Demo D+ offers some stellar reviews in the form of a typical Review and his 'Should You Watch..' series, that both have good breakdowns of shows and anime movies delivered in a comedic style that I enjoy.

RebelTaxi: On the other end of the cartoon spectrum is the Rebel Taxi, 'driven' by Pan Pizza, with reviews of western cartoon shows and the lot, again I'm here cause of the witty delivery and general insight.

Boffyrox: This is the first guy I ever stumbled into that got me into watching video game walkthroughs/playthroughs, heck he even inspired me to do some of my own though I was young and the quality was terrible! Anyway, he recently made a comeback a year ago after a long ass hiatus and the content he's putting is pretty damn good, currently watching his Bloodborne walkthrough after I was left slightly peeved at the Best Friends bling playthrough.

JonTron: Not much needs to be said, its JonTron. Video Game humour at one of its finest, not gonna lie though the Starcade is kinda limp, mostly cause the release schedule is pretty wonky and the episodes too short. But its entertaining enough.

Maximilion Dood: I like fighting games, but when usually looking up videos it's usually Top 8s you'll bump into, now I don't mind tourney play vids but they quickly get boring to me as most cases involve people just fighting with top tier characters so you see the characters a lot and one of the things I like about fighting games is the varied casts they usually have, and when I don't get to see a majority of them I get bored super quick. Enter Max, he plays a bunch of fighting games, though usually gravitates to his preferred ones like MK X, KI, Street Fighter, but he provides some pretty good gameplay along with entertaining commentary that I feel myself coming back for more.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
There's a few YouTubers that I watch consistently. Most of them have already been named here, though.

Jim Sterling, for one. Love his Jimquisitions, and I occasionally watch his first impressions videos, but usually I can't sit still long enough.

ChuggaConroy is one of my favorites, and I love his content. I couldn't watch his Xenoblade CHronicles run, though, but I still loved his content beforehand.

ProtonJon is another that I love to watch. He's another member of the Runaway guys, like Chugga and NintendoCaprisun, who I do not watch often for no real reason.

Jesse Cox, aka OMFGCata. I just find him to be a fun guy to listen to.

Yahtzee's Let's Drown Outs and his Ego reviews, all of which are really fun to watch. His Ego reviews are probably my favorite, since they are actually pretty well written.

TeamFourStar. I love DBZ Abridged, and I like their gaming channel as well. Not gonna lie, their gaming channel humanized them to a scary level for me, and I think that's kinda cool.

Funhaus. I don't watch all of their stuff, but I find them fun to watch as a whole. They are consistently fun for me to watch.

CinemaSins is a big one. That channel is how I claim to watch so many movies to my friends that I never actually sat down for.

EpicNameBro is another one that I like a lot. He seems genuinely nice, and I like to watch him do everything in Dark Souls and Bloodborne that I never could do. That is, everything past the first few hours since those games terrify me.

Truth be told, I am a HUGE Youtube fan, and even though these guys are some of the biggest, they are by no means the only ones that I enjoy watching.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Someone introduced me to jacksepticeye's videos recently and damn if his cheerful energy isn't infectious.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Rylot said:
Heir of Carthage plays some interesting campaigns and provides some interesting commentary.
Hey, I recently found him too on a total war binge of my own! :D

I watched through his first Rome 2 Carthage campaign.
He started another one with DEI mod about a month ago but it might be stuck on episode 6 for a while. Apparently the mod broke.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
Rob Scallon, Jared Dines, Stevie T, Spectre Media Group, Fluff and Boyinaband are my favourites when it comes to music-related stuff, whether it's comedic or informational or just wicked guitar playing.

Super Bunnyhop, Jim Sterling, Jontron, Caddicarus and Brutalmoose when it comes to video game stuff.

Red Letter Media and Mark Kermode (more of a TV/radio personality) for film stuff.

The Bible Reloaded, Armored Skeptic, Logicked, Matt Dillahunty, the Messianic Manic and TheraminTrees for religion stuff (I particularly recommend TheraminTrees for a lot of religion and philosophy material).

I don't watch The Amazing Atheist for religion stuff anymore, but I like his Drunken Peasants podcast for the most part. He's a pretty chill guy these days as far as I know and even though I disagree with him on a lot of stuff, he does occupy the area between the crazy RationalWiki idiots and the libertarian MRA guys (both of whom I despise).

As far as people I'm indifferent towards... Sargon of Akkad isn't a bad guy but his rants bore me to tears, InternetAristocrat was better before he got into SJW stuff (back when he was trolling Sonic fans). Mundanematt and ReviewTechUSA just reiterate the same shit over and over again, but none of it's particularly disagreeable. Same for TotalBiscuit, I much prefer Jim Sterling's videos these days.

And then there's the elephant in the room, Thunderf00t. I used to have mad respect for the guy back in the Youtube atheism days, but his format is dull and the stuff he says is delivered in such an uninteresting way. He makes Richard Dawkins' talks seem exciting. Also whenever he talks about Islam or feminism I just cringe, and this is coming from someone who has big issues with both of them (more so with Islam though).

EDIT: Oh my goodness I forgot about LGR! I love that guy. Also Yahtzee's channel is good, I like his Ego Reviews a lot because I played his games when I was a kid.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I don't really watch of a lot of YouTube personalities but the ones I do watch are Markplier and Critikal. The main thing that got me into watching them is that they make me laugh.

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
If only regularly:
NerdCubed
NintendoCapriSun and his vlog
Matt Stonie
Tek Syndicate
TL;DR
Vsauce

and after the Second Coming, hopefully SirRonLionHeart will return to us.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Secular Crap: Sargon, Armored Skeptic, Secular Talk, The Bible Reloaded, and Drunken Peasants
Games: I love watching Jim Sterling, Caddicarus, Angry Joe, Alpha Omega Sin, Total Biscuit for gaming
Animation- Glass Reflection, Rebel Taxi, and sometime Pie Guy Rulz
Comedy- Linkara, Team Four Star, Nostalgia Critic, Battlefield friends and a Dose of Buckly

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
I mostly watch Jesse Cox and Achievement Hunter for Let's Play videos, TotalBiscuit for games I'm interested in and his Co-Op podcast with Jesse, Dodger and a guest. When the planets align and he uploads something I always watch JonTron. I also watch RollPlay hosted on ItmeJP's channel and sometimes when it is streaming. I enjoy listening to Ray (Used to be part of AH) because he uploads his streams which are anywhere between 1-5 hours long so they make for good background noise.

And then there is Jacksfilms and, when they upload, Hey Ash.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the legendary Minecraft pro, Strippin.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
My favorite these days is Many A True Nerd. He's a Let's Player, and just funny as hell.

This is sort of his "samples of my channel" vid, and even in just the little clips, it's funny as hell.

He does a lot of really cool Let's Plays too. Like No Kill run of New Vegas, and a Kill Everything run of FO 3 and New Vegas. And basically just has fun goofing off with good and not so good games.

Let's see, who else do I watch. That's about it these days really. I actually unsubscribed a few recently.