Youtube personalities

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I used to watch quite a few, but now I only regularly watch Thesw1tcher (Two Best Friends Play, now the Best Friends Zaibatsu) and Jim Sterling on occasion. I just really like how laid back Best Friends all seem, makes for great watching. Compared to how oh so many Youtubers have clearly put on persona's, it's a breath of fresh air and why I've been following them since the first DK video.

Jim I just watch for some gaming news (I tend to avoid GG and all political gaming malarkey entirely so only really hear about it from Jim), and to see how hillariously awful and broken Steam is with it's Early Access and Greenlight programs.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I watch Youtube as my main form of entertainment, and here are the people whose content I enjoy the most:

Bikdiponabus: I love his dry sense of humour and his interactions with his wife, brynnagiadrosich, are always funny.

brynnagiadrosich: See my comments on Bikdiponabus

TheJWittz: I love his Pokemon fact of the day/Nintendo fact of the day videos

Wittzlife: JWittz's and Renaecollects blog channel. It seems weird, but it just makes me happy watching them

Renaecollects: I am not into the Pokemon card game any more, but I do enjoy her content.

Darkmindedsith: One of the first Let's players I got into. I love his videos and the wait for them is usually worth it

Yahtzee19: Him and Gabe are hilarious

Odinspack33: I like his content and he posts on a regular basis.

Nintendocaprisun: Another guy that I have watched for a while. I am currently enjoying his Phoenix Wright playthrough.

Gametheorists: Factual and entertaining. Everything I want in a channel.

vash12349: Another guy I have been watching for a long time. Always entertaining.

Griffinlobster: I really like this guy, but he hasn't posted in a really long time, which is a shame because I really enjoyed his Psychonauts playthrough and was hoping he would finish his Rayman one.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Well, I lack the online dedication to get into fighting games, but love watching others do it, so I watch Maximillian Dood a lot. He's a nice guy, and fun to listen to, and has a lot to say about various fighting game franchises. He's also great at them. My only warning is when he reviews other games. I'm sure he's giving an earnest opinion, but he's a little easy to please and seems to be satisfied as long as the game has you doing cool stuff, regardless of the mechanics behind them. Still, he has maybe 2 or 3 of those in his repertoire, so I mostly watch his fighting game videos.

When it comes to being informed on games, I follow Totalbiscuit a lot. Every once in a blue moon, he says something I don't completely agree with (I don't care as much about frame rates as him, for example), but even then I find most of his videos to be pretty well thought-out, and filled with the very thing he expects from everyone else: Open honesty about what your opinion should mean to others. For example, when judging a game, he'll let his viewers know if he has a reason to feel biased about the game. I also think his "First Impressions" videos can be very informative about games that just came out. I've heard the occasional argument about something he's said on Twitter, but I don't use Twitter. Perhaps another side of him shows on Twitter.

Recently, I started watching videos from Skallagrim, a man who is all about medieval weapons. He makes comparisons between flashy fantasy sword fighting and practical realistic sword fighting (for example, spinning is completely useless unless you're also dodging as you spin), he explains the various advantages of different weapons, he answers requests from viewers about how useful or useless weapons or maneuvers in certain video games would be in real life. Typically, I prefer flashy fantasy to pragmatic realism, but I still find his videos interesting.

There's a Let's Player named WolfieGGnS. He plays God Hand on hard difficulty and makes the game his playground. Anyone who has played God Hand will want to see this.

Then there's Zemalf. Not much to say here. He does Let's Plays and I find his Finnish accent to be soothing.

Jan 27, 2011
Who do you guys watch the most and why?

Extra Credits
They are hugely informative, and are a lot of fun to watch. Whether it's history or Game Dev, they have lots of great ideas and convey them really well.

The Rageaholic
This needlessly verbose dude is a blast to listen to, even when I disagree with him. He's just way too fun to watch. XD

Channel Absolute Zero
Well...The guy is a good personal friend, for one. For two, his Zero Motivation Series alternates between needlessly hilarious and surprisingly deep, with little indication of which one it is until you're a quarter through the video. Heck, one time he took on a request and did a motivational video about "tacos", which soon turned into a hilarious lesson about "Try a lot of things! There's a lot of awesome stuff our there! POOFY TACOS GUYS, HOLY SHIT I DID NOT KNOW THAT WAS A THING!". XD

The Young Turks
They're fun to listen to in the background while I do other stuff, and they're usually informative about the state of the US. I kinda wish they covered Canadian stuff too, but, eh, whatever. They sometimes get things very wrong, but they're usually reliable enough.

-
What got you into watching for them in your subscriptions in the first place?

Extra Credits
Been a fan since it was originally a video that Dan put together for school, and uploaded it to screwattack. It was super informative and fun to look at so...Yeah. :p

The Ragaholic
Been a fan since his Gamestop Rant. Then I looked into his other stuff and got hooked on his addiction to using overly verbose words during his rants in ways that tickle my brain. XD

Absolute Zero
When he turned Zero Motivation into a weekly series, and the quality immediately spiked and then continually improved.

The Young Turks
NO IDEA. Although I'm not actually subscribed. I just pop onto their channel a few times a week for background noise while I do other stuff. Although I do really enjoy when the host really revs himself up. :p

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
Roboshi said:
And she was another to dig up JewWarios corpse to parade it around for her own benefit.
-_-

that was neither called for nor relevant
My apologies I was away a while so could not reply.

I think when a person says they have respect for a person they deserve to hear the bad things they have done to further their ends. I mean if you met a guy who genuinely liked chuck norris, would you not want them to know about his homophobia? Would you let a parent show his kids his old dvds of the cosby show? I know these are extreme examples, but what I said was both called for AND relevant.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Roboshi said:
I think when a person says they have respect for a person they deserve to hear the bad things they have done to further their ends. I mean if you met a guy who genuinely liked chuck norris, would you not want them to know about his homophobia? Would you let a parent show his kids his old dvds of the cosby show? I know these are extreme examples, but what I said was both called for AND relevant.
oh yeah...thanks man for opening my eyes to the "troof" /s

I belive that about as much as I belive Anita Sarkeesian is a she-devil