Zero Punctuation: 2.5D Hoedown

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
Trine is a decent platformer, but a six hour game.

Unless you go for 100% completion, in which case it's an exercise in pain and pain.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I spotted hammer! I love you hammer :D
"Has Yahtzee made a source level before?" is the main question :/

Affero-Dolor

Not a Pipe
Aug 17, 2009
I'm probably the billionth person to say this, but you can have hlaf a dimension, it's called a fractal. For example, the coast of Britain is about 2.5D, whereas in Norway it's about 2.7D. However, I cannot poosibly explain this as I haven't done it in Maths yet. Not even in the second year of uni. I imagine it's ridiculously hard then.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Going to get Trine tomorrow. It looks great. Quite innovative in the ever increasing swamp of bland and repetitive gaming.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
This punctation are really good but still not better than ZP MoH AB. But i think it seems like trine is kinda comfusing is it or do i yust think it's to irritating to swich between what i want to use?

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
This is the first time I've heard of those two games.
Still it was as usual it was a good funny review.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, that was one of the best I've watched for a while. I wanna get Trine ever more now, I was sure it wasn't up on the PS Store yet.... time to look after work methinks.

crusha_aa

Feb 27, 2008
LarsWestergren said:
He didn't exactly diss the game itself... he said using voxels is outdated, which is very true. I took the fact that he showed the cover as a sort of "shout out" actually.

You are right, Outcast was a great game. Once you got over the voxel "blur" the scenery of the alien world was fantastic. It also seemed to have pretty good AI that took cover, circled around you and so on, so that a battle played out differently every time you reloaded. This was long before Half Life 2 and FEAR did the same (faked AI with script triggers), or STALKER did it for real.
I third that, Outcast was awesome. I was actually thinking of playing it again soon. Im amazed at how many things were done in that game which other games didnt include for years after. The ai was great for its time and people actually seemed to live in the world, walk around, chat, do jobs, sleep etc.

Helicockter

Aug 6, 2009
Sounds kinda like an action version of Imogen, an old and awesome puzzle-platformer on the BBC micro. You had a 3 type shape change mechanic in that too, though the gameplay was based on solving puzzles as a wizard, cat and monkey (items, jumping, climbing) and you had a strictly limited 150 transformations to complete the 16 levels.

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
"The internet has clearly de-sensitized you to retarded sexualisations"

Genius. About time someone took a hammer to the endless "X crossed with Y" lazy formula of defining things.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
True Nero said:
well, i personnaly liked Splosion man. it was stupid, required timing, and always offered that "Haha look at all the cool moves i just pulled off to get to the end of the level" feeling, even though i did end up seeing that "way of the coward" option popping up alot near the ending levels. what really made it fun was the fact that it was INCREDIBLY stupid. the humor was that "what the hell?" type of funny.

and how could he forget about the Donut song.....
He mentioned it indirectly with the "Quirky song" bit.

Edit: And what he said about Splosion Man trying to hard seems a bit unfair. The entire review seemed unfair to me. Even with his fast voice, about 2 minutes can't make a good review for a game. Sure he pulled it off with his last XBLA double Bill, but that had an overhanging message. That nostalgia makes you think of old NES games like Super Mario Bros to be on par with stuff like Half-Life 2, and think Contra is better than Team Fortress 2, both of which are just plain wrong. Like rule 34...but anyway, overall, I'd say Yahtzee tried to hard this time around.