Zero Punctuation: 2.5D Hoedown

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
WarpGhost said:
"The internet has clearly de-sensitized you to retarded sexualisations"

Genius. About time someone took a hammer to the endless "X crossed with Y" lazy formula of defining things.
+1 on that. and on the non-integer dimensions too, btw. :Þ

Ringo666

May 20, 2008
Next week do Active Health with Carol Vorderman.Nice way to jerk off with ds sandwiched around you.and women like Wii,no surprises there.

smiddyhawk

Apr 28, 2009
i ant him 2 review trials hd, i played the demo and the computer games and thought they were both extremely fun

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
"The Wizard has access to the Level Editor"

Hahaha! I liked Trine, but unholy hell; It's a bit too demanding for a bloody 2.5d platformer. What the hell is with Ati X800 and G-Force 6800 for minimum graphics card?! Oh well, seems I am the only one who is complaining about this...

eraevous

Aug 26, 2009
Nemorov said:
Wait wait wait... I have a question.

By the definition of dimensions, is Prince of Persia actually a 4D game? Hmm...
And Braid becomes one weird 3-D game.

deplorable

Feb 29, 2008
loved the obscure Outcast reference, although it did not rely on hardware-acceleration via a 3D graphics card, the amount of technology and what that game did was truly incredible for it's time.

Shame that type of gameplay took so long to duplicate, even now developers prefer shiny graphics to actual gameplay. :) <3 awesome game though.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Awesome episode, like the rest of them really.

You can have half dimensions though, just not in the sense used by the people claiming "2.5D" games.

Things with a dimension that do not have a whole number are fractals, which make very pretty pictures like this:

...And I'll now stop being so nerdy and get back to enjoying the well-raised points cleverly disguised as sharp wit.

Kittaw

Aug 13, 2009
I know why the theif is wearing bright white!

Let's say you're fighting two people, an armoured warrior with a sword and sheild and a person wearing white pants and a white tunic who otherwise appears unarmed. You have to turn your back on one of them. You're probably not going to turn your back on the armoured warrior with the pointy stick, so you fight him. All of a sudden, you get a backstab in the kidneys because you didn't think that bright white fellow was a rogue/theif at first glance. Looks can be decieving!

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
Trine was a fun game and it has some replay value, that said I had to go to easy mode for the final level which still annoys me. I just wasn't good enough I guess, but the story is sweet in a simple sort of way.

Frankvz

Aug 29, 2009
Revelo said:
So dimensions can be cut into half now can it. Whats 3.5D going to be like?

Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off but mainly as I only buy classic games I miss a lot. Like Sonic 2.
How could it be 3.5 it would have half of the 4th dimension but there is no such thing as 4th dimension

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
What the buttfuck, Yahtzee's prominently featured my avatar.
Either he's got a fancy for me, or Google's just not doing its job anymore.

Stepping out of the limelight, "'Splosion Man" sounds like a quaint little idea, but the gimmick of having to explode to accomplish anything in a confined environment sounds tiresome...like electricity in inFamous.
Also, trying to emulate the success of Portal in the "indie" market ain't a crime, but when you so desperately overdo it, it's just pitiable.

Trine I've got more interest in.
The tinkling magical atmosphere and the physics-based gameplay (killing enemies by dropping boxes on them sounds fun) just seem so appealing.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
thank you for telling me how to complete trine. ha, wizard all the way. oh and great review, as usual.

CyberCELZ

Mar 18, 2009
Frankvz said:
Revelo said:
So dimensions can be cut into half now can it. Whats 3.5D going to be like?

Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off but mainly as I only buy classic games I miss a lot. Like Sonic 2.
How could it be 3.5 it would have half of the 4th dimension but there is no such thing as 4th dimension
yes you can have 4 dimensions and more. this link to a site call new scientist should stop the Confusion: http://www.newscientist.com/special/beyond-space-and-time