Zero Punctuation: A Shadow's Tale

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I almost felt sorry for a poor little game I'd never heard of being trampled on by the big bad Yahtzee. Almost.

Anyway, Dead Space 2 seems to be on the horizon, which should be good seeing as the original is his go-to game when he wants to give an example of horror games that aren't scary.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Something I've been wondering for quite a while now, who is that face that appears at 3:18? He keeps using this guy's face, I'm sure it's significant or something

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
This may not be kosher for The Escapist's comments (Yahtzee's videos are rarely the place for comment standards anyhow), but I thought I'd give an antithesis to Yahtzee's review which many of your are gobbling up from one such as writer Scott Jones, on Reviews on the Run. They're critical too, but I must point out the scores which are pretty high.

http://www.reviewsontherun.com/watch/10/8/1/0#

I'd like to pick it up someday myself, hopefully, if I can find the time for it ;) .

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
I'm honestly surprised nobody countered his line about 'No games are out in 2011' with Little Big Planet 2 or even more surprisingly Mass Effect 2.

Then again I'm still waiting on Pokemon Heart Gold and Silver. Has Yahtzee been too busy catching them all?

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
UberNoodle said:
ph0b0s123 said:
The Wii is not the graphics king. Flash of 360 with the crown. Please..... Standard console centric world view. There is another format that has better graphics. But whatever, the pic of the 360 was probably more recognizable. Typical mis-representation.
The Wii is a console so compare it to consoles. Of course it's 'console centric', but that's not a bad thing in this case. I'm sure there's a super computer or experimental mega computational beast machine out there that destroys the best ATI or Geforce card available today, however, it would be a comparison entirely out of context.
I agree and that's why no PC rage here.

But as far as other experimental supercomputers. The are going to be supercomputers out there that put the PC to shame with processing power. But that is not graphics power, polygons per second, etc. As far as I know it is only ATI and NVIDIA making highend polygons, etc pushers. There maybe something, but it will be so unique and proprietary that none of the games we talk about here can be played on them. So you cannot really compare.

Quicksilver1111

Sep 18, 2008
PixelKing said:
Has anyone heard of this game?
Has anyone ever heard yahtzee so angry?
I had prior to this review, but I know of every niche wii game in existence, and own every single one of them.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
I actually did hear about the game before. And after this, I'm not going to get it. :p

[sub]Yahtzee, the vampire guy's name is Vamp.[/sub]

KabutoHunter

Jan 23, 2011
Ouch. I can see why Yahtzee chose to review this, since it's one of the only Wii releases I'd been looking forward to, as well. Too bad about it being so bleh.

Still, anything vaguely resembling ICO is worth a go, so I'll get this when it's <$20; it's not like there's much else on the Wii worth spending bucks upon. That shouldn't take long, since it's not a 20-year-old Nintendo franchise and doesn't involve guns and explosions.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
So what he is really trying to say is that this is one of the best shadow platformers ever made and everyone who has two working thumbs and enough cast to scrap together should go out and buy it // That sounds like a wonderful idea! It is such a joy to hear the sweet sound of Yahazz's voice utter such poetic words while explaining to use how much he enjoy this game

-M

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
I find it funny how the average critic consensus on this game is terrible while user reviews have been attempting to praise it as a lost treasure belonging to the garden of eden. There's no greater sign of fan desperation than pathetically attempting to raise the status of a solitary wii game because, hell, it's all they have.

Danny Slaghek

Feb 3, 2011
There's also another 2011 release, Magicka. I seriously recommend checking it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PbjqwJTZs&feature=related

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Well as terrible a time as Yahtzee seemed to have with this game, he still spent quite a bit of time and effort on it regardless

Allurse31

Feb 2, 2011
We Aussies have been banging on about slow release dates for games (especially YOU, Nintendo) for ages now. It's nice that someone with some presence in the global gaming community is doing it on our behalf now.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
haha excellent episode
I also have never heard of this game

InfiniteSingularity said:
Something I've been wondering for quite a while now, who is that face that appears at 3:18? He keeps using this guy's face, I'm sure it's significant or something
I've asked that before and never got an answer. I too am curious who that guy is. He uses it all the time.

M12G

Jan 13, 2011
Oh boy, back tracking!

At least when they did it in Halo, it wasn't completely like hitting a rewind button, they threw a few things at you to spice things up. Back tracking is awful, but if you have to do it, at least add a little something!

P.S. I finally got a copy of MOGWORLD. It's a great book, I highly reccomend it. Keep up the good work Yahtzee.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Yahtzee, in the span of five minutes, made me aware that the game ever existed AND that I'll never buy it... or steal it... or even remember the box art. Also, there was some comment about this was the angriest that Yahtzee has ever been. I'm sure also that some debate was started over angry Yahtzee (maybe).

However, you're all wrong unless you said the final minute of his Halo Wars review.