Zero Punctuation: A Shadow's Tale

Artlover

Apr 1, 2009
Daemascus said:
The overlong sword is also too short? How the hell does that work?
It doesn't. This claim is false. You do not have to even hit enemies with the sword for them to take damage and die. Perfect test everyone can do to see this is go to any area that has those imp looking things floating around with the balloons as they have a predefined and fixed movement. Stand just out of swords reach of any point where they stop and change direction, wait for them to get there, then swing the sword. Not even the swoosh graphic that the sword makes will touch them, but they still die none the less.

Honestly, I wish this claim was true. That would atleast give some sense of purpose to the meaningless and completely riskless fights that do nothing but slow down game flow. The game is already boring enough without such padding.

Come on Ben, there was no reason to resort to lying and making up a non existant issue just to get pissy over. It's a Wii game for f's sake, that fact alone gives it more then enough valid gripes to make half a dozen videos over. I know you like to exaggerate any issues a game has for the sake of AVGN style dramatic effect, but there wasn't even the slightest grain of truth to exaggerate behind this. Poor show, Ben. "Journalistic Integrity", google it.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
In regards to Yahtzee being angrier than this...I admit that for a full length video, this does sound close to the most annoyed he's ever been with a game as a whole.

But I would say his big finale on the Sims 3 critique is probably the angriest we've ever actually heard him without him just being sarcastic.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Ugh. When will this drought of review worthy games end? Is it because of the issue at brisbane? If it is that's okay no one had any control over that the weather is really crazy everywhere. He might end up reviewing dead space 2.

Serenityrade

Jan 26, 2011
I like the above statement greatly. I think the fact that Queensland has been recently hit by a cyclone could be a bit unsettling.

ThommyDude

Feb 6, 2011
why am i getting a "Stream not found" error thingy? anyone else have this?
i just tested it and had it on other videos aswell! whats happening Escapist?! WHATS HAPPENING?!

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
If Australia was the only place left it would fail, the terrain of grassland just isn't big enough... Lucky you included NZ :D We rock at making food haha.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
arealperson said:
This may not be kosher for The Escapist's comments (Yahtzee's videos are rarely the place for comment standards anyhow), but I thought I'd give an antithesis to Yahtzee's review which many of your are gobbling up from one such as writer Scott Jones, on Reviews on the Run. They're critical too, but I must point out the scores which are pretty high.

http://www.reviewsontherun.com/watch/10/8/1/0#

I'd like to pick it up someday myself, hopefully, if I can find the time for it ;) .
That

was awful.

I should've shut it off the moment they imitated robots, I feel bad that I didn't.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Yahtzee you descibed esentially the whole genre of platform games with a word-sentence. Sameboringy etc.

It really won't ever get better then Mario1-4 or Sonic 1-3.

Or well Prince of persia is the only ones that seem to be doing the genre justice and trying to move forward.

And it was one of the pioneers :O

So my suggestion to you is just play prince of persia xD

lucifer6642

Mar 13, 2008
I'm getting stream not found errors as well. Was having worse problems yesterday when the player did not initialise properly and none of the controls worked never mind actually trying to load a video

dave.k

Mar 7, 2008
dreddfan said:
Like Australia is a symbol of ethnic tolerance.
Actually, it is pretty good, speaking as a member of an ethnic group living in Australia. Sure, you get the occasional racial flare up in some insular pockets, but the vast majority of people are quite easy going about racial issues.

Seems like some Americans are being overly sensitive to Yahtzee's review. I thought that Yahtzee was picking fun about the title change, not about America itself. Hey, if OZ can put up with all the convict jokes, I'm sure you Yanks can deal with a little wisecrack as well.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
He says "Finally, a game," then he... tears it to shreds... I don't get it. Sounded like he liked it, then he said he didn't even finish it.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Heh, sounds like a game that isn't fun. In fact, I too thought of Limbo when I saw this game. Not much to think about though as I never really was interested in Limbo.

NermanQ

Aug 11, 2010
The King Graham reference actually made me go back and play the Kings Quest games again! Totally didn't expect that from a review like this!