Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Well I'm not surprised Yahtzee staked this one through the heart with as much hype as it was getting

liddell

Mar 10, 2010
I could not get past the full page ad in Google Chrome on Lucid Lynx, it just glitched out and launched the popup over and over and never played; I hear people on PS3s are also having similar issues, so here is a direct URL:

http://dickensurl.com/cca3/If_there_were_no_bad_people_there_would_be_no_good_lawyers

/edit: I had to run it through a link redirect to preserve the clickability, forum garbled the formatting/

Cheers!

brabz

Jan 3, 2008
Solid review as always, my only complaint is that I feel that the Escapist is actively trying to cause me problems at work with these damned pop-out video views that don't close easily.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Phsx2 said:
axleblaze said:
I hacen't had a chance to watch it yet (and I doubt those that posted before me have) but STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING GIANT ADS AROUND THE VIDEO! It freezes my PS3 when I try to watch on it and it's just god damned obnoxious.
Er you realise the escapist has to make money somehow.

They could do it in a way which is less abrasive than a huge ad in your face.

But I did enjoy the review!

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Funny stuff :)

I actually quite enjoyed the game personally. I find it more entertaining than most other FPSs that come out these days.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I like the SNES and Arcade versions. Best game so far is Predator Concrete Jungle. It's a Predator heavy game but you get to fight humans and Xenomorphs as you go along. Even though you have to find your weapon upgrades I still like it very much.

As for this Aliens vs. Predator game I'll just rent it after I've finally play Ghostbusters.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
ark123 said:
soapyshooter said:
I was hoping for a early review of God of War III. =/
Meanwhile you can watch the other 20 ZPs where he mentions he lives in Australia and that games take forever to show up down under.
Thats why i said "hoping" I HOPED he would do one, i didnt whine that he didnt.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
Thank you for actually telling the truth. Most reviews/ers were so caught up in nostalgia that they forgot to mention how much the game really sucks.

TheThirdChild

Feb 16, 2010
I was really dreading this review but I think you went pretty easy on it.
I'm surprised you didn't point out how you just play the same 6 bloody levels for each character.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Heh, I like how he draws the Xenomorph.

In other news I've been put on probation, probably deserved but it's the first telling off I've had, now I'll never get that Morpheus badge. Curses!

(Actually, I probably don't post frequently enough to be anywhere near it even If I hadn't got probationized...)

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I think he's right about the graphics part, things aren't as scary these days because the graphics are so good, things were scary in the early days of gaming (OoT, Resi Evil, Silent Hill) partly because the graphics were shit

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Not a single word about multyplayer? Haha.
Never played the game, but i'm pretty sure it is a multyplayer game with attached campaign.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
CopperBoom said:
HK_01 said:
Good review!
Wow, posted six minutes after it went live.
Cheers to you.
I think I will review, your review.

Pretty good review.
I had nothing better to do than wait for the ZP, so I immediately watched it when it went live. (Admittedly I also wanted to be on the first page for once)

GreyAxe

Mar 10, 2010
Ryuk2 said:
Not a single word about multyplayer? Haha.
Never played the game, but i'm pretty sure it is a multyplayer game with attached campaign.
so are most of the other games he reviews

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
What the hell is it with all these remakes lately? Has the creativity-eating virus become terminal? Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, the new Alice in Wonderland (or, from the look of the trailers, Alice in Middle Earth) film and now Alien vs Predator. What I find particularly irritating are those with the exact same titles, like A in W, not that i was ever interested in the original A in W to begin with but what does that mean, "Forget the original, it never existed, THIS is Alice in Wonderland and THIS is Alien vs Predator!"?

And then there's Dante's Inferno; God of War copy-pasted except for the tried and true levelling system replaced with 1 that forces you to tediously grab and absolve all those zombies in order to get holy experience instead of just giving us the holy experience for hadouken spamming them to death and the lovably homicidal Kratos replaced with an IDIOT who failed to grasp the simple truth that he broke his promise to 'forsake all pleasures of the flesh' the very instant he made it!

One thing's for sure: Todays video game companies are far too fucking big!

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Now I saw people complaining about how Yahtzee does nothing new in his videos. I have to make an observation that could be added to that pile of complains which is: Is it me or is he slowing down lately? This video I could catch every word, and he wasn't even going the fast pace of his other videos.

The review was great though.

rebus_forever

Jan 28, 2009
I liked the avp games of old and have found the newer one to be a fair remake though i agree with those who feel marine feels like a fully laden fridge to play as while the predator and alien both could use a third person perspective for planning your route, if we had've had a third person perspective id worry that it would have been afflicted by the habit of wildly swinging around as seems to be the rule with third person moments in otherwise fps style games.

I do think the review was a little hard but like a domestic abuse victim coming back for more beatings i will inevitably come back for more of yahtzee telling me everything i like is shit and how invalid i am for liking it.

Back when i first discovered yahtzee i invited him to give me babies, ah those heady days of new love and learning about one another. i was recently informed that idve needed some ovaries and whatnot, lacking the means to develop them ive had to just assume yahtzee will always continue shiting on my pic-nic with great aplomb and joy, i think until i can blackmail him with not seeing our children (imma make some lady parts out of clay(worked for god))im just going to have to accept this from him indefinitely, is it wrong to love the abuse?

beware the goth wielding clay ovaries >:
or say something nice about an rts just once please, validate me yahtzee lavish your approval upon me : D