Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I would love to spend some time at Chateau d'Biteyhead with Dribbles and Mr. Crabface... alas, this game sounds to be about what I figured it would be. That is to say, three massive piles of shameless franchise cash-in offal mashed together in one disc-shaped crapstack.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
...Not even the old PC one everyone worships was good.
I becon the unholy facehuggers to spew forth from their sacred eggs and seal that blasphemous noisehole of yours.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
...Not even the old PC one everyone worships was good.
I becon the unholy facehuggers to spew forth from their sacred eggs and seal that blasphemous noisehole of yours.
Oh...yeah. Let them rise out of MEDIOCRE FPS LAND!

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Haha, glass teatowels and asphalt milkshakes. Yum. This game held absolutely no interest for me, apparently all the fun is in multiplayer, but Yahtzee being the social recluse that he is, he won't have experienced it. My friend at work keeps trying to make me buy it, but even on a 25% discount it isn't appealing. I suppose if you're a fan of the franchise it's a must-have, but I've not heard great things about it anyway.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
HK_01 said:
*snip*
(Admittedly I also wanted to be on the first page for once)
Well huzzahs to you.
They say small simple goals constantly achieved keep the spirit going.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
This is probably the one time i can ever honestly agree 100% with Yahtzee, really AvP had so many shining points that it's a shame it turned out the way it did.

DreamingMerc

Jul 4, 2009
To begin with a tip of the hat to Yahtzee, as we all love dropping to our knees and giving him a good slathering. Moving along I have to wonder in this current economy, given the there's at least four bus loads of game developers now out of job, how in the world is Sega even still running along as a developer? Looking over the past years of recent releases and their failure to grab traction in the market. I believe we have quite a mystery on our hands, well unless they're running along on the sacrifices of virgins and children to at last one dark power.

May 28, 2009
he seemed to be kinder today (well kinder than some of the other avp reviews)

still good review!

Zerocyde

Nov 26, 2008
Predator being like batman after he lost his moral compass and tried to make out with an angle grinder made me laugh till my sides hurt.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
YES!
finaly!
i love this stuff!
not the game itself actually, BUT...
zero punctuation is soo much fun to watch!
maybe because of all that english language...?

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
Varrdy said:
Nobody says "this game sucks!" quite like Yahtzee. I've read / listened to many a negative review in my time and in each case it was like listening to Gordon Brown reading Shakespeare after toking Laudanum all day. Agree with him or not, at least YZ makes it amusing and whilst I have no intention of ever buying this particular game, it's always good to hear from someone who isn't "inspired" by great handfulls of corporate bribery and thus more likely to scratch the shiny veneer.

Hey even if he were to utterly savage a game I think is the dogs bollocks I would forgive him because, like arseholes, everyone has an opinion (I have many and am just as voiciferous given half a chance!) and he would most likely make it amusing too!

Wardy
You have many arseholes?

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
Dexiro said:
The alien alien looks cute :D
he is right, the "alien" alien does not really look scary in this review.
i think it is the missing claws and extra fangs, and the tail...
or maybe it is just the missing Sigourney Weaver!!!

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
Now I'm a fan of the whole series, but I must admit that all of the complaints are the very same I had. Aliens getting stuck on vents and running in dizzying circles for a few seconds gets annoying a few times, Predators are all sneaky-sneaky assasinate then grab someone and die to all his mates. And humans are overpowered by the sheer fact that they must win and have a (somewhat) happy ending.

Honestly though, I'm amazed Yahtzee got through without even mentioning the multiplayer. That was one of the main draws for me in the first place, and some of the game modes (infestation mostly) are as addicting as crack. But honestly, what with the faults that AvP has, I'm amazed he wasn't terribly harsh on it.

Made my week anyway.