Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

sumguitardude

Jan 20, 2010
Im one of those that actually enjoyed the game,
and its sad it had to suffer for all the bad reviews.

I say try it once and then make a decision, cuz it might just surprise u.

btw great review as always mate^_^

DairyDuke

Mar 5, 2010
Something about the Alien (The Alien alien) wearing stealth face paint that made me laugh out loud.

If they wanted to milk this franchise, why not just make three games. One with Aliens (Alien Aliens) about their trouble with being a tool of some other alien race, with the focus on the first aliens. Then do another with the predators, an origin story with the culture of the predators and -why- they've come to hate the other aliens so much. Finally, a third mash-up war game focused around humans, where we're all shit out of luck fighting the war these aliens brought to our world. We'd call it, "Predator Wars: Alien Collateral Damage" Which has a cool acronym to it: PW:ACD. Hell, give the 'Aliens' a name, right?

Maybe through in an option to partake of little adventure chapters as either an alien or another kind of alien. At least -this- way they'd have their next three games lined up and ready to go, having already done a third of the work in their current mediocre title. I wonder what they have in store for their next release.

I'm beginning to think game developers -don't- like being rich and successful.

Oh, P.S. Hey Yahtzee, keep up the great work! I can't wait for the next article/video.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
This gets at my major problem with the Alien/Predator franchise. The series has some great ideas, but every single one does nothing more than repeat essentially the same basic plot as the first movie.
And the name of the AvP part of the franchise is the stupidest name I've ever heard.
So, I have to agree with Yahtzee's summary of the franchise, again. I must also admit to knowing nothing about the game, as I have played it, so I can't comment there. Again.

Mr. Samson

Sep 23, 2009
So, so, so good. Haven't laughed out loud (for real not just thinking "lol", that doesn't count) that much for a while.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
soapyshooter said:
Reviewers get games sooner if the publisher and devs want reviews out before the release. That's why i hoped he would be among the people reviewing it. Ign, ps3 magazine, and several other reviwers already have scores out.
I'm not sure he ever has though, he bitches about that a lot on australian gamer podcast

MidnightWolf

Apr 15, 2009
For those who are looking for a good predator game like he described

Predator: Concrete Jungle (its for Ps2 and Xbox)

sick game, check it out for those predator fans! :D

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
But...

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR 2 WAS THE BEST FPS EVAR

( not really though, it was just REALLY GOOD. pity it doesn't work on my computer :( )

CDog2910

Jul 15, 2009
Octopusesgarden said:
I'm probably gonna be the first in about a bajillionth comment requests but...when are you getting round to heavy rain?Just curious.AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.
Your a Heavy Rain fanboy. Just had to say it.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh...yeah. Let them rise out of MEDIOCRE FPS LAND!
Oh, come on. How can you say such a thing? Did you even play the game? I haven't played the new AvP, but the original AvP for the PC is awesome. I signed up to Steam only to be able to play it again.
The marine campaign is nerve-rattling. I actually had to stop playing it the first few times, because it would freak me out too much. The Alien is all about speed and quick kills whereas the Predator campaign is about stealth and snipering. I'm hard pressed to remember a FPS that was as interesting, atmospheric and that had as much variety as AvP.
But I guess it also depends on your expectations. AvP is not a "typical" shooter and it may be lacking a bit in the feel and mechanics, but it delivers in alot of different areas.

Jun 15, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
vrbtny said:
There both aliens.... lol

great as always.

Humans are tasty.... yum yum
Except you couldn't have possibly watched the whole thing...jesus christ you're thick.

From someone who actually watched the whole thing, this is the best Yahtzee's done in a long time. And fucking hilarious too.
Really? I felt that he was talking considerably slower in this video but that could be just me :S It felt weird to me because the jokes felt like they were taking longer than usual to be gotten to.

Oct 19, 2008
Fantastic review. Found myself agreeing with basically everything he said.
I personally disliked the game quite a bit, apart from the Alien missions however.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Solid as usual Yahtzee. As a fan of the franchises though I have no doubt I'll eventually buy it. Probably not at full price though.