Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Samus Aran but a man said:
Vault101 said:
Samus Aran but a man said:
If the next game was set during the French Revolution, would it work?
interesting Idea but persoanlly I would find that too similar to AC2 and brotherhood
hmm... what about feudal Japan?
hmmmmm

YES....that sounds cool

Malmer

Apr 23, 2008
I just can't see the visible jaw part of Y's assassin as anything but a big smiling mouth, and come old Ezio, it's now rather disturbing!

rje5

Apr 27, 2011
Why in the world does he always refer to Desmond as "Future Desmond"? There's only one Desmond in the game, who would we be confusing him with? And why not refer to Ezio as "Past Ezio"? I don't get it...

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
I have to say I somehow missed the plot of this game... normally Yahzee tells us what the game is about... now? Tower Defense, Recruitment, and killing some people... is there more meaning?
Not really. As Yahtzee described, it's essentially the 'third act' of the Assassin's Creed 2 trilogy, if that makes any sense. It's more of a wrap up to the other two stories, so if you haven't really been paying attention to 2 or Brotherhood in... well... forever, you're not gonna get the story.

:/ tbh, I'm not exactly fond of this. It's like Ubisoft is pulling a Half-Life on us and releasing the Assassin's Creed games episodically, only they advertise them as full games and thus charge them as much.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
fieryshadowcard said:
Personally, I find it more annoying that people get bent out of shape because someone who, while discussing a sequel, refers to incidents that occurred in its sequential and chronological predecessor(s). It'd be like getting upset at someone talking about Aliens while mentioning that Ridley was the sole survivor of Alien (whoops!). Unless Yahtzee is supposed to talk only about the mechanics in a (partly) story-driven game, which is anything but how a Zero Punctuation episode operates, it seems pointless to assume that the PREVIOUS game's plot points are a secret in the discussion of a current one. If you'll notice, he really doesn't give much away about the story in Revelations itself. What more do people want from him?

Want a technical, spoiler-free review? Read an IGN one. But wait. People hate those... probably has something to do with how vague they are and how little is actually said, as opposed to how much.
Actually it's perfectly simple enough to talk about a sequel without ruining the first. And considering Alien came out over 30 years ago, that's fine because it's a movie that almost everyone has seen. Do you think he had to bring up the dude killing his girlfriend to accurately describe the gaming experience he had? Do I have to bring up Dom killing his wife in Gears of War 2 to talk about Gears of War 3 (oops)? Or Aerith dying in FFVII to talk about FFVIII? All I'm saying is at least warn us before hand. I don't care about spoilers, I care about him just spouting them off and then saying spoiler warning.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
From someone who has literally just started playing the Brotherhood, thanks for the spoiler. And to those saying that the game has been out for a year so you are going to get spoilers, I say get bent. Just because you can afford to get games as soon as they come out, does not mean the rest of us can.

Otherwise as usual good review. I feel the Assassins creed series is like the lethal weapon series were it just got more bulky with characters etc as time went on. It really needs to get back to it's core gameplay.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I know how he feels. I like the asscree games but I feel like I just finished the last one.
I'll pick this up later.
I'm kind of looking forward to the tower defense bits. I just hope it's a bit more robust than the city management thing they kind of threw in there at one point.
They should keep adding stuff like that.
The next one will have a 2D figher mode.
And a point & click adventure mode after that.
Why not?
As long as they can keep making a big city where it's fun to go running around stabbing people.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
duchaked said:

^LOL I love your avatar here :p
Thanks, shame I have to change it in january

duchaked said:
anyway, I would rather play an Assassin's Creed game in Japan than France for sake of variety (and boy would it be different...)...something that would really help the series even tho I've really enjoyed it thus far
It's a bit of an older thread now but I made a thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.327486-Ubisoft-asks-where-the-next-Assassins-Creed-should-be-set Ubisoft had a survey about where the next game should be set, Japan was one of the options.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
my problem with assasins creed is its like a chocolate bar..firggen delicious

BUT if your eating chocolate bars at this rate then your gonna feel sick, and so the next chocolate bar might be the most delicious thing ever created...but it doesnt matter because your full and its not special anymore

Hyakunin Isshu

May 2, 2011
um, this is off topic, but what was the Eva reference he made in review of Catherine??? (sorry, I really wan to know)

I can't see the video right now, so I want to know what was the reference.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
So are we ever going to get the Serious Sam 3 review (that I vaguely remember being promised but am possibly wrong about)?
Or is it going to be the ending to the three-qual saga (Holy shit there are a lot of three-quals).
Because really, for some reason Serious Sam 3 hasn't been reviewed by many sites. And I don't know why.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
This has probably been ninja'd about 5 time already in this section alone but my guess is Ubisoft is scared shitless of making a game focusing on Desmond. I don't mind though, I love the series and am looking forward to the next one.

An idea: We who saw the Embers short-film also saw that Chinese Assassin. Desmond needs to find a woman of some sort (as mentioned by Juno in Brotherhood).

Consider. The chick is part asian and we get to play as that Chinese Assassin as the woman relives memories in an Animus somewhere for the sake of more games, story and of course profit[/].

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
I realize I'm out of touch with this series(only played the first one) but wasn't this whole horse hockey supposed to be about finding pieces of edan? Are they still doing that?

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
The overarching topic is Assassin's versus Templars (Abstergo), the Piece of Eden is just one part of this.
And basically in the last game (AssBro) they found the probable location of one of them, which is presumably what AssCre3 will be about.
This game is just one big memory trip where nothing at all in the overarching plot happens, but it does wrap up both the Ezio and Altair storylines.

And thank fnord for that. Desmond is a character without a personality, still, so I for one am happy with this little sidestory. I don't care about the main plot, I just want to stab people in the back with a blade and disappear before they can catch me. Desmond's only purpose is to go back into his ancestor's memories and allow me to do that.

(edited: for some reason I always type "Big Evil templar" Inc. as Aspergo if I am not paying attention.)

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Vault101 said:
John the Gamer said:
From the wikipage: "Asked about future of the series, Sébastien Puel from Ubisoft said that "[...] we could do 35 of these [Assassin's Creed games]."

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed#Future[/link]

So you might want to prepare yourself for plenty of faffing about, Yahtzee.
They're only supposed to do only 3 games with desmond(only one more), so that's a plus, I guess? Unless they mean 35 expansion packs, that is.
35 games...

1 gamea year...

35 YEARS??? will it ever end?
It might even be more, if we really have to collect ALL pieces of eden in seperate games...There's 9 games right now, btw. [link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed#Games[/link]

Both the Codex map, and the map projection at the end of Assassin's Creed show that there are only fifty Pieces of Eden at a time

[link]http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden[/link]

It is said that this has become a flagship franchise for Ubisoft. Like Star Wars for LucasArts or CoD/Battlefield/FIFA/etc. are for others.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
BrotherRool said:
kickassfrog said:
When are Ubisoft going to make an assassin's creed in victorian london, where you play jack the ripper, and frame people for crimes so they get deported to australia.
Also, steampunk technology would be pretty fun.
Ouch! I know I like to suggest the Assassins are evil but that takes the biscuit
Yay! I'm more evil than your opinion of evil.
Mwahahahaha.