Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
hickwarrior said:
that's why he said that stuff at the end.
Didn't notice. Usually, his harsh tone matches some griefs anyone could have had at some point against company x, so called common view y (not necessarily vg related) or boring gameplay pitfall z.

That's why his numerous, totally cheap and kid level insults (j'ai deux bollocks, WTF?) that don't even seem to mean anything nor aim at anything really seemed out of place... even for ZeroPonc.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
i mean he typed that at the end, that futile thing. You know, asking what games should be raped up the bum.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Towards the end of his reviews. I spent more time watching the animations with the monsters than the text. :)

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
Arbre said:
superbleeder12 said:
I thought this review was mediocre at best. It seemed like Yahtzee couldn't decide whether or not to lambaste the game or praise it.
I could feel how he forced himself.
I think he should only play crappy games from now on lol

Agent_4

Dec 15, 2007
Assassin's Creed... hmmm I have to totally agree with Yahtzee on this one. It's fun to run around and stab people who irk you, but the sword fighting at the very end kind of sucks. I'm still stuck fighting off the legions of knights before i fight Robert..or whatever his name was. Also, you get an XBox Live achievement point for grabbing the annoying ass beggar women around. I didn't get attacked when I did it either. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Jack Spencer Jr

Dec 15, 2007
I liked this review. I daresay it is probably his best so far. I love how some people seem to thing the reviewer must hate the game and rip it a new one for it to be funny, like the Angry Nintendo Nerd or something.

Okay, I've just watched it again. I vote that Yahtzee should make a nice 2D platformer using the characters in this review. I don't know why. The characters just struck me.

J-Val

Nov 7, 2007
Assassin's Creed seemed to have a problem with taking all it's great concepts and flawing them.
Large Responsive Crowds - Sheepish AI and ineffectualism
Free Running - Matrix-style jump system that would you send you flying backwards off a wall, probably into a mob of Crusaders who you were trying to escape from
Medieval and Futuristic Storyline - Long, boring, unskippable cut-scenes
Being an Assassin - Lack of ability to plan Assassinations, couple with the complete omission fo stealth
Free Roaming - Linearity

Oh, and whose idea was it to include the lepers? It's not that I don't love them hitting me, or blocking the way when I'm trying to assassinate someone.

brenikai22

Dec 30, 2007
I loved the prince of persia series but asassins creed is copying/making fun of it. but hey, its by the same company.

gotta love the stuff about the prince listening to linkin park!

HotConflict

Jan 7, 2008
Love the Reviews! ClaSick!

Microsoft XBOX 360 and Playstation fans have been enjoying a new game called Assassin's Creed. The game reveals the story of Al-Tair and his missions as an assassin during the time of the Christian crusades.

If you are a fan of the game or interested in the history of the Hashashin, then call into the show and share your thoughts!

http://www.hotconflict.com/blog/2008/01/jihad-over-jeru.html

entropy3ko

Jan 17, 2008
Ranzel said:
I felt like Yahtzee was TRYING to lambaste the game, as is his most usual way, but had enough fun where he just couldn't make good arguments. Overall, I saw him giving it a thumbs up, though I can easily see why you might end up confused.
Wel he actually said in the beginning that the game was not great ( HL Orange Box) nor bad (CB's jericho LOL) and that he had fun playing it.

I think his review was quite honest.