Zero Punctuation: BioShock 2

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
hmm, I disagree. I think Bioshock 2 is still fun. not as good as the original, but still good.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Yay, I've been looking forward to a new episode of zero punctuation all day :D
I found Bioshock 2 better than the 1st in terms of hacking, the ending and gameplay in general, however I found the 1st game to have a better plot.

Argon14

Jan 25, 2010
You can all call me crazy, but for some reason I liked the second one more, maybe it was the hacking, who know......

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
You had me going at the begining Yahtzee, well done.

"Stop crying you little ***** i'm trying to eat cakes"

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
See, now that's exactly what I thought Bioshock 2 would be like. I have no interest in giving it a go because it's impossible to replicate the emotion of Bioshock by just doing it again. Sigh. I find I often agree with Yahtzee's reviews after I've played the game, but the very point of this review seems to be what I've been saying and what I've been getting from various review sources.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
I have to concede, Yahtzee ripped into this on the most valid points - it's treading old ground with a shred of irony, recycling some plot elements and making a couple of counter-intuitive turns, but strangely enough, I liked Bioshock 2 inspite of those points.

Granted, I wasn't all that blown away by being a Big Daddy, which kind of robbed all sense of threat and panic from the game the moment you worked out which button unleashed the BEES, at which point everything, including the metal-encased and thus bee-proof Big Daddies, would kindly stand around while I nailed them to the wall with a handful of steel harpoons.

In short, good review, although I was a bit worried when the first criticisms came down, things were nailed on the head without wasting time bitching about the minutia.

tzeneth

Dec 3, 2006
I can't wait to play as a vending machine when Bioshock 3 comes out! I wonder what they'd do with the morale choice system then? Give chocolate to rescue the little sister?

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Had me going there for a second before the "har har". You devil.

Don't feel bad about getting the bad ending, Mr. 'Tzee, they're all roughly the same at the bottom line. Perhaps they wanted to differentiate from the "Mother Teresa" vs. "Skeletor" endings of the first game, but in the end the differences are minimal to your character.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Bioshock had alot of things going for it, atmosphere, story, and gameplay. Bioshock 2 on the other is 60 dollars that has so far failed to impress me. It has failed spectacularly at drawing me in to it.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hah not bad, right on the money for many parts. Still, I really enjoyed it, moreso than the first. Also, ADAM is far more necessary if you play the game on Hard mode.

Good point on the Big Sister's. What are they getting all pissed about when you save the girls? I suppose the point is Lamb sends them because you stole ADAM but it's silly.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Ooooh yeah. Yahtzee very neatly summarized every single thing that bothers me about Bioshock 2 - the ability to eat and drink despite the helmet, the stupid "10 years after" bullshit, and most importantly, the immense awkwardness of a sequel to original Bioshock's story.

Really, this game is just plain ridiculous.

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
It should inexcusable for a sequel to suck worse than the original game. But, can you blame a developer for experimenting with there own franchise to see what does, and doesn't work?

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Latinidiot said:
hmm, I disagree. I think Bioshock 2 is still fun. not as good as the original, but still good.
I agree with this assessment, as mentioned in my review.

I for one can't wait for "BIOSHOCK 3: CIRCUS OF VALUES PAIN".