Zero Punctuation: Borderlands

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
so, when are you going to torture yourself with God of War 3, Dante's Inferno and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows?

I honestly can't keep my pants together waiting for your verbal defication of that tryhard tripe Dante's Inferno

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Wouldn't expect Yahtzee to be down with any sort of party game, really. I'm sure he'd give Mario Party a shitty review. Not all games need stand on their single player alone, imho.

I'm really excited to see what he says next week about ME2

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
MasterSplinter said:
Don't anyone else think Yahtzee didn't finish the game? I think he would have been much more harder on the story if he did.

For me it was kinda cool to shoot people in the face ten thousand times and gain something in the way, not like in normal fps where the abilities you have when you start are pretty much the same than when you finish.

And yeah, I´ve been playing for like 50+ hours on single player, there must be something very wrong with me.
ME too, I ended up with a level 50 Lilith, a level 30 Brick and a level 45 Roland. I was so addicted to BL for a few weeks.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
Yeah actually i think you can compare the weapons on the ground.
And I agree with Yatzee.... I'm one of the few people that actually enjoy playin in solo, better than coop, the problem is that the people on the internet is a pain in the ass, I try to enjoy the campain and understand what the fck is happening in the game, but no.... the coop guys don´t care at all, because they allready finished the game 5000 times, so.... yeah alone it's better

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I thought the joke about the glove controller was going to go somewhere else before the end of that sentence.

I thought the review wasn't all that damning, if I was thinking about buying the game (which I'm not) this review wouldn't have made me change my mind, therefore by those standards it was pretty favourable.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
aguywhoknowsaguy said:
To all of those below and above me on this comment list, I want to say you are all idiotic retards.
Usually I would welcome a new user but for you I have a special message...

This is not 4CHAN.

Bye bye now!

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
why did they put those guys on probation for those posts? i can understand throwing the ban hammer at the guy who said 'first'

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
NamesAreHardToPick said:
As for multiplayer I've got one save for playing split-screen with my son and another for split-screen with a friend of mine. We only touch the files when we're playing together so levels and gear are always even. Absolutely the best way to go.
Note to everyone else reading this, this is absolutely the best way to play the game. It would be nice if you could 'turbo' people like in Diablo 2, but they purposely designed it to prevent that.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Next up, MASS EFFECT 2. I am curious about whether he will think some ofthe same things about it as me...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
MAUSZX said:
The game is tooo long
I can't possibly understand why anyone would ever say that, Yahtzee also said this about 'Splosion Man and I just can't fathom why anyone would want less game for their money.

"I'm getting too much for my money's worth. The value is too good. Could it please be more concise and expensive?" Seriously?

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
antigodoflife said:
so, when are you going to torture yourself with God of War 3, Dante's Inferno and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows?

I honestly can't keep my pants together waiting for your verbal defication of that tryhard tripe Dante's Inferno
So far I've found that Dante's Inferno IS God of War, it is seriously exactly the same game.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
MAUSZX said:
The game is tooo long
Only if you do all the useless quests, I finished it at level 31 and having played it for only about two hours a day max it really didn't last long.
Lost In The Void said:
Greeat Episode, I was hoping you would tear this game a new one. I am looking forward to your Mass Effect 2 Review, because I actually care about that game and want to see your take on it.
I'm glad he tore on it as well as I despised having paid money for the game, I played it with my siblings (lets not let people have more then 2 person co-op on one console, eh?) and found it fun for the first day or so, then got kinda bored. I only really began hating it when I lifted my wallet again to remember it was actually exchanged for something. I don't see what it got such high scores from almost everyone on the planet.

Oh as for Mass Effect 2, so far I'm loving the game's story and dialogue, etc... characters are very well done. But the gameplay itself is very very dull for me, I'm just watching my bro play most the time and curse every moment you're forced to fight generic enemies for what seems to be easily avoidable. But then I appreciate the need to enforce gameplay in a game, I do enjoy it.

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
One thing i felt was wrong about the review is he said nothing about what the game was really about, the guns and well the guns

Angry_Bosmer

Aug 17, 2009
Borderland's grind did get tedious after a while and I usually stopped playing because I hated myself. The game stands up without multiplayer and i see it as a added bonus anyway. Borderlands constantly ripped off other games. It used a very Far Cry 2 vehicle system (turret to driver) and a very Halo triple burst rifle. That's alright since it's things that work and we enjoy. The game itself is unique in a way. The shooter/RPG thing isn't all that new it's just no one really did it particularly right. All and all the gameplay elements were partly original and partly borrowed showing that the devs actually thought about this but in the end grind is grind and I can undust this at the next party.

gemz37

Nov 20, 2009
I know I'm being hideously pedantic, but usually I love the end credits with the comments and small animation that are just funny extras......but this week, why have an image of a field hockey stick, when they're clearly wearing ice hockey masks?

(sorry, its a pet peeve, those two different sports getting mixed up!!)

Other than that, great review!

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
thenoblitt said:
One thing i felt was wrong about the review is he said nothing about what the game was really about, the guns and well the guns
The only exciting bits with the guns was the first time you used a certain element type, then it gets replaced for a better weapon and its lost all interest. Also that ridiculous alien rocket launcher thing was a complete fucking waste of time, the least they could have done is make its ammo scarce and its power incredible.

So the games about guns, that certainly doesn't excuse it.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Haha i love this, stupid winey fanboys complain about not getting their review for a certain game, and so when Yahtzee finally does review said game, he tears it a freshly ripped new one. Ahhhh they got what they deserved. Kudos to you Yahtzee. I can't wait for the Mass Effect 2 Review. That will be interesting. (I beat it twice Hoorah!)