Zero Punctuation: Borderlands

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Wasn't surprised that he hated it, judging by how much he's complained about it before. I liked it, until I reached level 27 and realized that there's nothing more to it.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
My favourite part was the 'too many clicks + shooting a Dolphin' part. :)

Mainly because I'm extreemly proud of myself for getting it first time.

Firsteye

Nov 12, 2009
OK well I totally agree it is boring and repetitive and game should not rely on multiplayer alone but you really didn't have to kill the dolphin did you :(

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
One of the funniest so far.
Now im off to nag him to play MAG.
Because it is multiplayer and multiplayer ONLY.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I'm surprised I thought this week might Army of two:40th day or Dante's Inferno or MAG???
Apparently, the amount of whining in his inbox finally reached critical mass.

DreamingMerc

Jul 4, 2009
While I personally enjoyed the title in question there is absolutely no arguing that those menu's and interface systems were nothing other then a complete disaster. That and the system in which your character only gets really strong weapons through 4-player co-op is a bit of a dick move for someone with a weak internet connection.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
As I, too, have few real friends I can relate to wanting to enjoy this game single-player but the few folks who I know who have played Borderlands can only go on and on about how one can't really enjoy/play the game solo. It's why I've passed on it and will probably continue to do so until I can get for super-cheap on eBay.

Kudos to Yahtzee for sneaking in a D&D monster-reference, too. :D

Locke89

May 27, 2009
All the complains are true, but I still love this game. Playing alone or with a few friends. Also this is really the first game that nailed FPS/RPG. Yeah, yeah, Mass Effect blah blah. But MS is still more talking and pausing the menu than shooting people in the face.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So you finally caved Yahtzee. You're getting soft.
Anyway, interesting review. I already didn't think much of Borderlands, now I think even less of it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I liked this game, but I haven't really played that much. I play a few hours with a few months between each time, but his complaints are as true as always. It's linear, the car is terrible the missions are all about killing, getting somewhere or getting something.
Great review as always.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have never played Borderlands online and I didn't much enjoy single player so I agree completely with this ZP for once

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yahtzee didn't like an RPG or Action-RPG, I am shocked... shocked I tell you. Even though admittedly this game was barely worthy of including an RPG designation, being as I call it a "customizable shooter".

That said... I do agree with him that games need bigger bestiaries in general, Borderlands is only one game sharing what I see is a big problem.

sean.A7x

Dec 16, 2009
YAY he reviewed it, he hated it but im still glad :D

I played in single player all the way up to level 50 and still play in single player

and i actually preferred it in single player and it was my fav game of last year

but oh well i don't give a shit if Yahtzee likes it :p

edit: and i hate MMO's :p

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
K1LLSVV1TCH said:
first of all ur an twit for not watching the video.

i personally like my rpgs to be one player but maybe i will try this but i like to have variety in enemies but u usually don't get that in rpgs only the same enemys with more color, more tendrills, and maybe 1 or 2 extra abilities. i also believe that this is gonna be very repetitive with killing the same enemy so i say this is a rent.