Zero Punctuation: Borderlands

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
There's one thing of this I am glad about, an that is the fact that he said he was going to review mass effect 2. Now I don't have to worry about turning on my computer to be greeted by 3 threads, 2 groups (Someone already made a group solely to make him review 1 game in articular) and a partige in a bloody pear tree whining about whther or not he's going to review it.

Well at least it kept those people out of everyone elses conversations. Wonder how many Escapists are gonna get Suspended next time? My money is on 7 minimum, with at least 2 of them claiming to of seen the video before Yahtzee could of even watched it.

Oh yeah, and good work and all.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
WHOA did not expeckt this i wondered where this review was like twelve episode's ago
still cant wait for your take on mass effeckt 2
nad after that dantes inferno right and then army of two the 40:th day i presume

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
ramik81 said:
Sounds like Yahtzee isn't liking Mass Effect 2 either...lol
Well, he said it'll take a couple weeks for him to be able to review it. This could mean one of two things:
1) He's taking a long time to get through it because it's longer than most of the stuff he does.
2) He likes it so freaking much he can't stop replaying it. (Unlikely, but potentially awesome.)

Hileo20

Dec 7, 2009
The two things I can say I absolutely hated about Borderlands is that when I killed Sledge and the lady came back to talk to me, I had forgotten she or the vault even existed, and the screen cant be fixed. Your splitscreen will decide on its own if its vertical or horizontal, and it will cut off important things like the lady's eyes or ammo count/exp bar.

flabslapper

Sep 24, 2009
Anybody got any news on whether Australia will get a release of Shattered Memories? For Yahtzee's sanity I hope it does, even though he probably won't like it lol

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
andsoitgoes said:
Lost In The Void said:
Greeat Episode, I was hoping you would tear this game a new one. I am looking forward to your Mass Effect 2 Review, because I actually care about that game and want to see your take on it.
Really?

You do realize that he pissed all over the face of ME1, complained that there was tooo much story, etc, etc, etc.

On another note, I find it funny how much he LOOOOOOOOVED Dragon Age (and yes, I equate him not hating a game to loving it). The amount of boring ramble in that game, compared to ME1/2 was MIND BOGGLING. And the damn game stunk of WoW style grinding and quests.

I like Yahtzee's reviews, and I'll probably chuckle at the ME2 review, regardless of how much he hates the game, but I'm a bit frustrated with his double standard with ME? versus Dragon Age.
Random Wanderer said:
I don't disagree with any of the things Yahtzee complained about this time. Yet I still liked Borderlands. And I played exclusively single player. It's not the be all and end all of gaming, but I found it to be fun. And fun is what I want out of a game.

Lost In The Void said:
Greeat Episode, I was hoping you would tear this game a new one. I am looking forward to your Mass Effect 2 Review, because I actually care about that game and want to see your take on it.
Why on earth would you want him to review a game you actually care about? He's going to hate it for the same reasons he hated the original Mass Effect and any other Bioware RPG.
Good, I don't care if he pisses on it, or hates it for whatever reason [for the record, he didn't hate it, he pointed out the flaws of it] anyways, I'm hoping to see what he thinks what is wrong with the game, and to see what he thinks has improved. Plus its entertainment, why wouldn't I want to see my favorite game get torn a new one, its hilarious when he does that

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I can understand why Yahtzee wouldn't want to review it, isn't Borderlands a middling shooter with broken online multiplayer?

Who the fuck wants to play that?

Donttazemehbro

Nov 24, 2009
HAHA very nice as usual. THe game is awesome and as usual i dont agree with some of the things you say but thank you for reviewing it. I didnt ask because i knew you would just send me a reply saying how much you hate people who request games for you to review.

You are right, Claptrap was THE SINGLE MOST ANNOYING NPC IN ANY GAME IVE PLAYED UP TO NOW. "Hello, new missions are available at the lvl 5 Fyrestone bounty board." SHUT UP claptrap

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
He makes this game sound like Phantasy Star Online... which would've sounded good back in 2001 but times have moved on and online grinding shouldn't be as basic as what he's making it sound like.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
flabslapper said:
Anybody got any news on whether Australia will get a release of Shattered Memories? For Yahtzee's sanity I hope it does, even though he probably won't like it lol
We're getting it in March I believe.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Ah, yes - victory at last. Not because he reviewed that game in particular but more because he once in his life forgot to cut out the little part where he has to take breath. This is victory for me because I had a bet going he'd forget it some day. Now please excuse me - I'd like to receive my prize blow-job.
I'll think about you, Yahtzee. :)

Oh yeah, about Borderlands: It was okay. Like an MMORPG with three friends in the same room. I don't really mind that grinding stuff as long as its fun, and it was fun. But that might only be because it was my friend's game and I didn't spend a single penny on it.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Complete and utter bull. It is a fun and as paced RPG/FPS with some of the best gunplay I have seen since Far Cry

I know he's a critic and it's opinion, but the modded weapons, special abilities, choice of guns and hording is just brilliant.

Also interface being bad? I never had a problem with it...maybe someone was running out of complaints?

hypercube

Jul 23, 2008
chenry said:
I like Borderlands. But Yahtzee's not wrong about it either.
Yea verily. I had a blast playing it single player, but as you say, Yahtzee's gripes about it are all true. That interface is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
The game gets alot more entertaining once you figure out how to mod it and turn rocket launchers into nuke launchers :D

runningfatman

Dec 5, 2008
seriously he bitchs about how he has to review 4 games about mytical creature massacer in a row and when dantes inferno finally comes out he dosnt review it i mean seriously what the hell??? still i liked borderlands even solo so ya he rly did just pick at stupid things still made me see a different side of the game then i have befor.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
As always extremly entertaining and glad you finally did Borderlands~