Zero Punctuation: Brink

AK-00

Oct 30, 2007
What I want to know is, as someone who doesn't actually like or see the point in team Fortress 2, would I like Brink? Or, in other words, is Brink for people who don't like Team Fortress 2?

Also, parkour works perfectly well from a first person perspective, provided you have even a rudimentary sense of spatial awareness.

jazaaboo

May 25, 2011
The irony of a dude who wears a trilby in real life griping about virtual hats because they look too silly = AWESOME

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Thank you for pointing out the inanity of having indiscernible character classes from one another.

This is a huge complaint I have with most multiplayer games nowadays, it's that every single one of my opponents look exactly the same. You don't know what weapon they're holding, what perks they have, what abilities they have, or even if they're on your team in some cases until they fire their weapon or you fire on them. And by the time you've offed them, or they offed you, you've already forgotten what skills/weapons/perks they had and move on to the next victim.

I don't mind customization, and I'd imagine the customization in Brink is quite indepth, but it means nothing if I can't tell what weapon/perk/ability my opponent has in a glace. That's what makes TF2 extremely well designed, you look at a Heavy and you instantly know what weapons he can carry and what strategy you need to use against him. You look at a Sniper, you understand what they do and don't excell at. You look at an Engineer and you know that you need to look for a teleporter or watch out for a sentry. Quick, easy, and accessible multiplayer.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Alright its settled. Screw Brink im buying Prejudice! :D

lol epic drinking game :D

You know guys lately i find myself enjoying the escapist show alot more. It feels like the old days :> very enterteining.

ElectrifiedSorcerer

Apr 8, 2011
I saw this review and I thought...it's just not fair. it's like watching a gladiator fight where the gladiator squares off against a dying paraplegic rat. The humanity!

civver

May 15, 2009
"Easter Island statue for a head."
I knew there had to be a comment about the long faces.

spaceman_jan

Adventurer by profession
Mar 1, 2011
In canada some call it screen watching but most just call it Screen Cheating
little tid bit for you yahtzee next time you try using that so yah

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Well my realtionship with BRINK has really been somewhat of a rollercoaster ride.

First I was pretty interested, going by the initial trailers and the unique art style.

Then I was disappointed by seeing the actual gameplay, because it just looked like another generic modern shooter.

Then my enthusiasm went up again as I saw some behind the scenes videos and how the developers seemed really dedicated about bringing together well known elements to make a unique experience.

Then the game was acutally released and now im down again, because pretty much everyone says its crap and that it, in some instances, is pretty much unplayable.

But somewhere down the line im probably gonna give it a shot anyway. You should always at least try something before passing judgement.

mbug

May 4, 2011
mmm i agree, i played brink the other day at a mates house and it was rather... a let down i guess. as soon as i saw the coloured teams and the attempt to be kind of "cartoony" i thought tf2... and about the whole run to point a to point b, spam the use button and hope not to die is basically what happens =.=" maybe the multi is better... i'll try this game again...one day...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
"...a blank screen you stare at until you unlock the start game button."

this exists, it's called the loading screen...

TJM8

Jan 25, 2009
i regret getting this game. i had such high hopes for it.... i was let down

alinos

Nov 18, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
EDIT 2: In an Extra Punctuation, he mentioned playing mostly multiplayer games single player because multiplayer isn't his thing. Yet in this review, the only time he even mentioned single player was once and that was hardly a sentence. Even if it was just multiplayer with bots, Borderlands was almost entirely a multiplayer game, yet he barely gave it a try. Surely you see what I'm trying to say here, yes?
Borderlands was only a multiplayer game if you played it that way as a single player experience it works.

Splashdamage said we would get a singleplayer campaign as good as any AAA shooter.

instead we have the exact same maps as MP, and a bunch of retarded bot's.

In my mind their is simply little reason the SP is their since it is essentially MP anyway albeit with morons

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
I really don't get why Yahtzee hates Mirrors Edge, I never had camera angle issues with that game, I don't think anybody I know has.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
Honestly, this review was terrible. I didn't think it was funny and almost nothing he said made any sense. I still laugh at the reviews of games I like, but this was just bad.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
At least it HAS bots. That's a step in the right direction any way you look at it.

Captcha: areaus returns. Who's Areaus?

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
yeah, this game was a HUGE disappointment.
I work at a GameStop, and we had TONS of people reserving this before it came out. And we had TONS of annoyed gamers bringing it back in after only a few days.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Spider Expert said:
I really don't get why Yahtzee hates Mirrors Edge, I never had camera angle issues with that game, I don't think anybody I know has.
i also dint had any problems with this game. sure it took some time to get used to the controls but otherwise it was really good to play. and i played it on the PC with M&K. mirrors edge is among my favorite games.

i am glad i saved my money so that i can spend it on the good old duke nukem :D i stick with TF 2. this is fun.