Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
When he said he tried the multiplayer I almost passed out. Then I came to again. Seems that Spec-Ops is really good. I so far like the campaign very much and I have not finished it yet. Y says it is short but I am savoring the moments. I mean, how often does it actually rain choppers? Genius.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Lord Frunkamunch said:
So wait, does ANYONE who posts within the first five minutes get banned, or is it only the ones who claim to have watched the video/yell "first"? This has been bugging me for a while.
A few episodes ago NOBODY was banned on the first page, I was amazed.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
I also hated the downloading files from Makarov's computer mission when I died 70 million times and then when get to the end u die, sorry I just had to say that. Good review!

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Awesome Review! I LOLed at "Solid Soap".

And you know what... I know what I want for Christmas...

Those hat's are awesome!!!!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
i really like yahtzee sense of humor on most of his videos, and that's why i made an account for the Escapist mag, i always seek his pt of view just in case so i know what generic things appears in those games... remember FUN factor is important!

vandimar77

Oct 20, 2009
Personally, I think this game is great in four player split-screen death match mode, but I get the feeling that very few people play games that way any more - preferring as they do multiplayer over the interwebs. Storyline was indeed poor, but then really I didn't much care. For me, good storylines in video games are at best a bonus, and far from the norm.

Jun 11, 2008
Lord Frunkamunch said:
So wait, does ANYONE who posts within the first five minutes get banned, or is it only the ones who claim to have watched the video/yell "first"? This has been bugging me for a while.
They are suspended because of low content posts and probably not watching video fully me thinks so just make sure you add more than 1 line to your posts you you don't get suspended for the same thing.

ChaosGenesis

Mar 11, 2009
Fantastic game. Short (but fun) campaign, spec ops was great and amazing multiplayer.
Definitely worth buying.

And if I may.... why does everyone keep saying the story isn't realistic... it's a video game. It doesn't have to be. But it's fun. Isn't that what matters? Just sayin'

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
FelixofMars said:
As usual he pretty much sums up what annoyed me about the game. He isn't missing much from not trying the multiplayer though. Apart from the usual batch of Xbox LIVE freaks and their tiresome abuse.

The story was just completely unbelievable to the point where I was sitting there at the end wondering if my character was going to wake up out of a deep coma and say it was just a dream.
The only part that annoys me about the ridiculousness of the whole setting is the game's title. "Modern Warfare 2." I'm all for insane, ridiculousness in games, but the game's title led me to believe it would be a (somewhat) realistic take on modern warfare (I never played the first one, so I didn't really know).

It was all good fun. Running across the rooftops unarmed in that one mission was probably my favorite part of the game. It's still a tad frustrating though.

Also, yes. The killing of the main characters was ridiculous. They even pull some of the same stunts to kill the main characters ("oh, good job on completing your mission," your leader figure replies with his back turned "let me turn around and shoot you square in the face.") It got old fast.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I have to agree 2 main characers die one cool NPC dies and one main character also most dies

the co-op spec ops missions are great to play with a friend and the sneaking missions are lot of fun.

I still like this game a lot and online multi-player is a lot fun

the graphics are nice and the main black guy is voice by the same person who voice captain anderson from Mass effect 1
Dude, Keith David is in every high profile videogame now... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0202966/ ...I will always remember him as the dude saying, "...it ain't out fer' air!" *shudder*

Seriously though, love that guy even though he was in Walo.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
A well-reasoned and comprehensive critical review with plenty of humor and some good points on society's reaction to the game.

Definitely makes YZ seem more like a critic and less like just a comedian...

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Pretty much summarized my feelings on the game right there. The single player sucks and feels like it was tacked on and re-hashed from MW 1, and the MP is cheap.

I had to laugh about the "You fucking robots" comment, something I also whole-heartedly agree with.

Jun 11, 2008
ChaosGenesis said:
Fantastic game. Short (but fun) campaign, spec ops was great and amazing multiplayer.
Definitely worth buying.

And if I may.... why does everyone keep saying the story isn't realistic... it's a video game. It doesn't have to be. But it's fun. Isn't that what matters? Just sayin'
Well multiplayer really depends on what platform you get it for as that makes a big a diffence and having a short campaign is pretty shit if it can be good it can be decent length too.

MasterTroll

Feb 20, 2009
Darn, part of me was hoping he would review the new Ratchet and Clank. Seriously, the series has good humor, outrageous weapons of increasing ridiculous overkill, and the ability to smash a lot of stuff, you would think he would do that series already. How can any game where you fire thousands of missiles to the 1812 Overture be so neglected? Oh well, good review anyway

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
ChaosGenesis said:
Definitely worth buying.

I do not think it is worth buying, I was lucky enough to be able to Craigslist it for only five dollars less than I paid. I would say it was worth the five dollars I lost, but nothing more. Fun Factor is enough, but my gripe is not with realism, but I just did not enjoy it. It was not *fun*.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Ah the game of a million review requests is back for round 2, now I personally will get around to playing this soon but I can't understand the sheer hype this had... I can actually see some people being disappointed even if it is deserving of praise.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Huh.

Reviewing Call of Duty without the multiplayer is like reviewing a Big Mac without mentioning what the meat tastes like.