Zero Punctuation: Crackdown 2

Lonethiella

Apr 1, 2010
As a WoW subscriber, I must say that there's nothing to fear about direct sunlight. It just needs to be handled in the same way as direct interactions with people and any sort of interaction with customer service: in small doses while covered in lotion to prevent skin damage. - BlueInkAlchemist

I agree with this as another WoW Subscriber. :) And I have a job in sunlight. Only thing that's happened to me so far is a tan. Damn you, sun!

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
Not all of them are PC only though.
I'd rather he review games that ARE multi-platform available. Though I did pull those names from a list of PC reviews. But some of them are available on other platforms. That's a good thing in terms of reviews that are interesting to more people.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
am a bit surprised that he chose to do Crackdown 2, but he made a lotta good points
(bahaha WoW and Gears references)
personally, Crackdown 1 was a game I was having fun blasting through...but then I got so bored out of my mind I traded the game away forever. I'm sure having friends to play with woulda helped, but I couldn't find any friends who had the game or wanted to play it anymore. that's why I avoided the sequel...sure I might have some fun blasting and jumping through and around the city, but it'd only last as long as my online friends wanna play it and well...can't rely on people rawr haha

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
At about the 4 minute, 12 second point, somebody's cell phone signal decided to participate in the Zero Punctuation review.

Anywho, sounds to me like they were too busy with APB to make Crackdown 2 a worthy successor.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
wheeman said:
Is anyone else getting a weird sound at around 4:10?
Yes, we all did. It's the sound of a GSM cellphone going off way too close to a speaker or microphone. It's the 850 or 900 mhz (depending on which region you're in). 800 mhz nextels make a 'tick-tick-ti-tick-tick' sound

My awesome CDMA phone (GO USA DERP DERP) causes no such interference.

This knowledge comes of being a recovering cellphone nerd.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
itf cho said:
Stabby Joe said:
Not all of them are PC only though.
I'd rather he review games that ARE multi-platform available. Though I did pull those names from a list of PC reviews. But some of them are available on other platforms. That's a good thing in terms of reviews that are interesting to more people.
I'm not sure too many people actually care. Most people here commenting most likely haven't played Crackdown 2 or any other previous game before but they don't care, they just want Yahtzee to rip on them. The more interesting reactions come from fanboys who are more prominent on exclusive games.

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
The day before the release of Crackdown 2, I switched my pre-order, bought StarCraft 1 (because I didn't own it, so fuck you), and then picked up Just Cause 2 off Steam.. this review sums up my thoughts nicely... I don't care how little a story the game has, but it should have some sense of progression, and not repetition. Essentially the "Assassin's Creed 1 effect" or "AC1 syndrome"

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
It's not even that. The gameplay is so dynamic and varied in SR2, and it's f'ing crazy what you can pull off, so what more could you expect when you're essentially rubbing your testicles on someone's face while firing twin magnums into the chest of a cop?? :\ ... While on FIRE!!

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
100% right, unfortunately.

I liked CD1 so much. I was so excited for CD2. And it was a huge letdown.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
If this game can make a good chunk of money get away with being a copy pasta.....
Im pretty sure a third will follow, and will be more of the same.

Pantherman

May 30, 2008
Having played Crackdown 2 on my brother's Xbox360, I must agree with what was said during the review. It just becomes (quickly) one Cell/Freak fight after another. Getting the beacons from Cell wasn't really that hard and once you got at least 1/2 of all your powerups, the beacon that kills the Freaks wasn't hard to defend either.

The game took me a good few weeks to finish because I got tired of fighting/killing/running over various living things with cars after about 1/2 an hour or so. But my brother likes it, and it's his money *Shrug*

Anyone else (who finished the game) get the feeling that they might be shooting for a third one? I only ask because of the end scene with the Cell leader and that agent hand.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Multiplayer will eat everything.
I mean, until FEAR will have coop. I can even see an coop "Alone in the Dark" coming.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
The enemy leader's a hot chick? BLASPHEMY!!!

Oh, and Yahtzee, thanks for your ending credits message.

For those who don't know, just as I didn't, that message opened my eyes to this:

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
the game was...somewhat fun until I had to do an enemy stronghold in front of a building yet the rest of the enemies were on the roof. The building couldn't be climbed and anytime I tried to climb another building so I can jump across to the actual roof, the game threatens to abort the mission. It's then I thought "okay screw this" and uninstalled everything and took it back

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
I'm not sure too many people actually care. Most people here commenting most likely haven't played Crackdown 2 or any other previous game before but they don't care, they just want Yahtzee to rip on them. The more interesting reactions come from fanboys who are more prominent on exclusive games.
Well, this is certainly true. I enjoy the reviews even if I never had any intention of buying the game at all - which for me is any console only game, irregardless of which console, or any platformer. I do find it more interesting though if it is a game that I did have some intention or consideration of purchasing. Alpha Protocol fell into that category. I almost pre-ordered it, but I'm glad I didn't.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Is crackdown the one with the harpoon gun that lets you attach people to cars?

I love harpoon guns in games.