Zero Punctuation: Dante's Inferno

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
I'm a little tired of the term God of War Clone. God of War took its style of hack and slash gameplay directly from Devil May Cry, which evolved it from previous games.

Dante's Inferno takes it's gameplay and themes more from Devil May Cry than it does God of War or the Divine Comendy.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Although I personally really enjoyed the game, I would have been very disappointed if Yahtzee hadn't torn it apart like he did.

One of the better ZPs in some time as well! That right hand joke was classic.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Even if this wasn't a soulles version of GoW, the main character would still look like shit.

The design of a main character weighs heavily for me.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I actually enjoyed the game...sure it had a lot of the problems you mentioned, but I still enjoyed beating things up God of War style, only this time in catholic Hades and without your trip home.

The reason I enjoyed it was the combat, because while it was copy pasted from God of War, it at least had the decency to no change anything that God of War had done, except it turned the QTE into more of a remember what button this is, and made the buttons really hard to see on my TV to the point that I had to lean into the screen and memorize how to kill the big demon guys.

Though as I'm sure people have said, your voice sounded off in the video, spending too much time awake playing all these new games that developers have been releasing like crazy?

Also, one thing I wonder is what system to you play a lot of your games on? Since Dante came out on both PS3 and X360, did you play it on the PS3 to pretend it was the Catholic Hades expansion pack, or did you not want to think you were playing God of War and play it on the X360? So which system do you use more and which system do you prefer to use?

Edit:Oh! The winds of lust have to do with them not being able to get any rest and being tossed around by the strong winds because of the way they lived their life moving so...something like that...and did you SEE the woman that made babies come out of her nipples or was that just me?!

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
The Youth Counselor said:
I'm a little tired of the term God of War Clone. God of War took its style of hack and slash gameplay directly from Devil May Cry, which evolved it from previous games.

Dante's Inferno takes it's gameplay and themes more from Devil May Cry than it does God of War or the Divine Comendy.
Well, even though I personally liked the game, we all knew that Yahtzee was going to tear the game apart for being a GoW clone. I give Yahtzee a pass on bringing up that old, overused point because he does it in a way that doesn't make him a complete tosser.

Although, as he has made perfectly clear, he is a wanker.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Always enjoy the show, this one was special. I laughed multiple time and as has been quoted "it beats the hell out of me" is sheer genius. Well done, yet another line that will be used and get odd looks.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Looking forward to God of War III, and I think I'll give this one a pass.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Another funny review,good job! The wank joke was freaking epic,I laughed my ass off.

One of my favorite reviews so far,definitely in the top 3

I don't own a PS3 yet,but if I did I would definitely go play it,because of the story more than the similarities with God of War series,I couldn't care less.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
dstryfe said:
Hm. I half expected it to be a much harsher review, given as how money spent hyping things up is indirectly proportional to the amount of money spent on ensuring quality. That said, this review was still sufficient to make me not want to buy the game.

How many will be banned/suspended at the top of this one, I wonder?
I can't recall a single positive thing he said about it, it was about as negative as they get.

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
Heheh, nice review XD

I do wonder why this year started with so many GOW/DMC ripoffs o_o
It seems to be the season for hack n slashers...

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Brotherofwill said:
dstryfe said:
Hm. I half expected it to be a much harsher review, given as how money spent hyping things up is indirectly proportional to the amount of money spent on ensuring quality. That said, this review was still sufficient to make me not want to buy the game.

How many will be banned/suspended at the top of this one, I wonder?
I can't recall a single positive thing he said about it, it was about as negative as they get.
Well, he did mention that the earlier levels were very creative, but yeah, that's about it.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
David Bray said:
Yes, christianity does have some problems with temptation.
When i first saw Dante, i thought it was a cool section of torn off skin. Sadly i found out it was a glorified blanket.

Great: Quick time events. Ugh

Yes, i might get this for 5 quid in a few years in a bargain bin, but for now, sod it.

I do wonder how the holy and unholy thing works. Are they equal benefits? If so, what's the point.
Nah, not at all interested in this game.
To start off with, the Unholy gives you scythe combos and Holy gives you better magic attacks and cross moves, but...well, towards the end it becomes almost the same, so...

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Allow me to take this moment to combine my two favorite internet personality trademarks:

Very funny review. The wanking off bits were especially funny.