Zero Punctuation: Dante's Inferno

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hehehe... I remember that singing box. That's still one of the funniest non-videos I've ever seen on this site. Great review and I'll probably never play this game.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee that was good , the package ea sent sounds like they tried to get a good review from yahtzee... too bad it didn't work

MezzoDragon

Nov 21, 2008
Great review, Yahtzee. This game is definitely one of the most blatant God of War clones out there. Even the opening music is a rip off of God of War. It is a shame there isn't multiple endings, though. Then again, its only ending is lame enough.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised here..i was expecting a full on hate-bash but instead i got a minor hate-bash and a few cock jokes "It beats the fuck out of me" oh you silly brit

TooHat

Feb 23, 2010
lol made me laugh alot the two reasons i havent got it yet is because of

1) i have read the epic poem
2)ive seen the ea animation... epic failure

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Not really informative as reviews go, but seeing as I had no intention of playing this game in the first place that's alright. A number of good 1-liners in it

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
l0rD ChUcKl3s said:
i swear that video was just one massive wank joke.
it was good though im gona use that right hand one
Oddly apt as Dantes inferno itself is WANK!

I always feel an odd sense of levity when Yahtzee hates a game as much as I did.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I'm actually surprised he didn't mention that this is the second adaptation of the Divine Comedy.
First one being Devil May Cry.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Yahtzee's reviews have been getting a lot better lately. This one was awesome. I wish I had more to say about it.

Sosa Star

Nov 23, 2009
Amusing video as always, but does Yahtzee have a cold? His voice sounded really hoarse and strained. Poor guy, he should take some soup, drink lots of liquids and play something good until he gets better.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Interesting review Yahtzee, but I'm beginning to wonder if maybe you're stretching yourself too thin and perhaps not putting as much care into your ZP videos as you once did. IDK I could just be imagining things.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm...lotta hairy bum & wanking references in this weeks review. Makes one wonder if Yahtzee received a proper review copy of Dante's Inferno or did some mischievous clerk in the mail room slip some Japanese eroge knock-off into Yahtzee's parcel?

Despite every reviewer saying "it's like God of War but" I'll eventually give this a try as it doesn't seem an absolute travesty of a game and as I don't own nor do I plan to own a Playstation (console or handheld) it would seem this is the closest I'll ever get to actually playing God of War. Yay console-exclusivity! :(

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
More amusing than usual: I lol'd several times. I've actually been hearing that it's worth a rental if just for the visuals, so I might do that.

And for chrissake Yahtzee, get some lozenges for your throat. You sounded like your larynx was going to fly out your mouth and splatter on your monitor.

SimGrave

Jan 7, 2010
From day one, people were shouting "god of war rip off" and I was expecting Yatzee to be a bit more original. However, still an enjoyable critic.

I don't mind Dante's Inferno actually. I enjoy it a lot. To be honest, I was waiting for that type of game. I wanted to see something like God of War in a new setting and hell is fine by me. I like the mechanics of GOW, but I don't care anymore about the Greek mythology setting.

Yes, the game rips GOW, but has a lot of flaws. The upgrade system is not that rewarding and worth the effort, but playing it without worrying about the extras is really enjoyable and it's all that matters to me.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Despite the crowds of God of War and Yahtzee fanboys (that I do fall into but more rational), I'm still going comment on the game positively.

I liked this game, good fun if you like the genre. I would say it's no God of War but 3 isn't out yet and DI is just like 1 and 2 haha! Anyway, good game, not the best due to lack of originality but then again that's why we're going to love God of War III.