Zero Punctuation: Dante's Inferno

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
teehee... masturbatioln joke. Honestly i'm disappointed, this seemed like a game I would like, but then again I liked god of war... Oh well, another piece of mediocrity... meh

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
The Political Gamer said:
Wait no one got banned this video? Thats a first.
I thought that, but then I noticed someone on the first page had quoted what was effectively a 'first!' post, so I guess they just decided to delete them this time.

As for the video: there is no such thing as too many wanking jokes. Well played.

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
I love hairy arses as much as the next guy... but I doubt I'll be playing this game anyway

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I have a friend who paid full price for this game..... But the joke's me as he's really enjoying it.... Or is it on him coz he really likes it? God stop messing with my mind.

C_Topher

May 17, 2009
Okay, if Yahtzee was truly the "literary fag" he claimed to be, he'd know that the lustful are blown around in hell since they allowed themselves to be blown around by the winds of passion in life, going from partner to partner like an STI social butterfly. And is it just me, or does anyone else envision said wind being a giant queef?

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
i actually liked dante's inferno. i didn't find anything shitty about it besides the hairy bum part after yahtzee mentioned it. o_O... they really REALLY took the nudity over the top, much more than The Saboteur.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Little Duck said:
Just a quick question, will you be reviewing no more heroes 2?
not yet because michael atkinson likes to fuck over austrailian gamers, so give him some time as the game goes through the standard flogging most games seem to get while being prepared for PAL releases.
you do have to know he's in Australia, so he can't review a game the moment it comes out in the US or UK. It doesn't work that way dude.

widowspeak

May 20, 2009
*sigh* Here we go again with the difficulty setting wank. . .

Other than that, made me laugh harder than I have all day. I pretty much knew this game was going to be rubbish from the get-go, but it was confirmed after I played the demo at GameX. I'll give their marketing department kudos, though, for going above and beyond. Some of that stuff was downright genius. Still won't touch this game with a 39-and-half foot pole, though.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
spartan773 said:
Little Duck said:
not yet because michael atkinson likes to fuck over austrailian gamers, so give him some time as the game goes through the standard flogging most games seem to get while being prepared for PAL releases.
you do have to know he's in Australia, so he can't review a game the moment it comes out in the US or UK. It doesn't work that way dude.
I know. I just want to know if he plans to. I'm going back to mr Wii in a few weeks and I'd like to pick it up, but if it's not on par with the original I'll leave it be.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Little Duck said:
spartan773 said:
Little Duck said:
I know. I just want to know if he plans to. I'm going back to mr Wii in a few weeks and I'd like to pick it up, but if it's not on par with the original I'll leave it be.
Fuck yeah, get it. there's tons of changes and has been getting decent reviews all across the board... BUT before you even fork out the 40 bucks for the game... why don't you rent a copy and try it?

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
I'll save you guys the trouble of playing the game to understand the hairy bum...

You will encounter:

A lot of ass
Too much wang
And a fair share of boobies
Yet twats are non-existent

Doesn't say much for the Devs sexuality, or my shocked face when I was stabbing/slicing Lucifer while his dong flopped around. /facepalm

agrajagthetesty

Jan 29, 2010
I'm going to display an unwarranted amount of nerdiness here, and admit that by far my favourite line in this review (and my favourite line in a while, too) was "Dante's Inferno the poem is history's first recorded work of self-insert fanfiction." That made me laugh like an absolute lunatic.

7ru7h

Jul 8, 2009
SamStar42 said:
Ha, just watched it.

Like my right hand on a sunday night - IT BEATS THE FUCK OUT OF ME made me laugh hard. Really good this week.
Totally agree... I was laughing so hard I had to pause it and go back about 30 seconds because I couldn't hear a word over my laughing...

Anyway, good review as always (actually, better than usual). No surprise that Dante's Inferno isn't worth playing. Yet another game felled by shoddy design and EA's hype machine.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Hashbrick said:
Yet twats are non-existent
I thought lust demons attacked you with vagina tentacles...

Also, part of me wonders how much of this review's vitriol was engendered by that Rickroll box, but I know Yahtzee's not that vindictive. He's much more vindictive than that.

Ruagh

Nov 14, 2009
I knew it! I smelt 'God of War clone' the instant I started playing the demo!