Zero Punctuation: Dark

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeles said:
You mean this patch? [http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/103671/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-patch-8-6-unofficial]

Now go forth! Go forth and create Malkavians like everyone else does because they're the most fun to play!

I always prefer the Ventrue myself. They are the right amount of ass kick mixed with pretty boy.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I almost replayed The Masquerade. Then I stopped when I got to the Hotel level. Jezus, that was scarier than Amnesia! And no, I'm not kidding!

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
masticina said:
That this game exists lead me to play VtM:B again, did you know it also has a "final nights" mod where you can play outsider clans. It is a delight!
I very much enjoyed 'The Final Nights' mod and am patiently waiting for its next update before I replay VtM:B again. I may also give the 'Camarilla Edition' mod a go. At this point (via all the mods and fan made patches) I'm pretty sure that the fan base has spent more time working on VtM:B than the original developers did.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
Doom972 said:
You just took the Deus Ex meme and changed it to Bloodlines. I do agree that there's a certain similarity between them. I love both of them very much.
What? This meme shares it with Deus Ex because a lot of people consider VtmB as the REAL spiritual successor of Deus Ex. Clearly you must be new.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Was that a 50 Shades of Green reference?

Why Yahtzee, I had no idea our taste were so similar. If I'm ever in Australia, I'll be sure to have a few drinks & a chat with you in the Mana Bar

PotatoeMan

Jun 11, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
You mentioned Vampire the Masquerade.

As per the rules of the internet, I must now post this image.

Not me though.

No.

I already have it installed :D
*sigh* Why can't someone just remake this. I'm not convinced that the MMO will be anything other than a run of the mill grindfest.

Miroluck

Jun 5, 2013
..."nice" vampires. Nice in a sense that they wantonly drink blood from living humans, but "we're really thirsty, guys!"
Another comparison to Vampire: tMBL: there is no nice vampires - there's a few that look decent, but eventually it's revealed that everyone is pushing their own agenda one way or another.
Also, "humane" blood-drinking is practiced entirely out of desire to not go insane, which is itself tied up with upholding the secrecy and not because of pity to "blood-bags".

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Well done. I enjoyed the song in the trailer but that was about all- the rest sounded rather cliched even by gaming's standards. Eric Bane sounded like he was doing a bad Max Payne impression in the opening narration. I thought at least they might give him the nickname of 'Eric the Red' (because vampire), but no.

You may also be right about this being the end result in the quest for cool one-word names that might make people forgive bad gameplay but end up sounding incredibly general. Upcoming releases to look for:

Final (Fantasy)
Kombat (Mortal)
Duty (Call of)
Elder (Scrolls)

Stick to Perfect Dark instead.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Defeated Detective said:
Doom972 said:
You just took the Deus Ex meme and changed it to Bloodlines. I do agree that there's a certain similarity between them. I love both of them very much.
What? This meme shares it with Deus Ex because a lot of people consider VtmB as the REAL spiritual successor of Deus Ex. Clearly you must be new.
Deus Ex fan since 2002 and of VtMB since release day, so no. I've been an active member of the Planet Deus Ex community until most of the regulars left due to inactivity. I remember many people calling it Deus Ex with vampires, but not a spiritual successor.

It doesn't have that deep level of storytelling or the freedom of choice that Deus Ex provides, so I wouldn't call it a spiritual successor.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Talking to people like a video game character would be funny though.

>Tell me more about the weather.
>Tell me more about your dog.
>Tell me more about what I know what you mean.
>I am done talking about your dog weather.
> >You fight like a cow.

Rhatar Khurin

Aug 14, 2008
Thanks a ton Yahtzee!

I was happily watching whilst eating a sausage roll, then the words "..BUTTHOLE FULL OF CUM!" made me inhale aforementioned savory snack which nearly caused my untimely demise.

Also that game looked awful.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I liked this review, shame/joy that the game turned out to be crap.

Thankfully I never liked Eclairs, the white mushy cream inside them already put me off with it's cold, dark stickiness anyway.

sid

Jan 22, 2013
here's hoping he'll review Shadowrun next week. I'm pretty sure it's the first title in the upcoming tsunami of isometric goodness(Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Numenara, etc etc) and it's the only game that I've been looking forward to this whole summer.

OT: I literally died when Yahtzee mentioned loud killing with range is the exact definition of guns

CyberMachinist

Oct 8, 2012
Great now i want to play VtMB, where can i find a copy?

OT: It's never fun playing a broken vampire unless it's against other broken vampires in some arena match, but yes this game doesn't sound very fun, what ever happened to vampires that had fun powers that could be used for things other than killing like turning into a bat.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I would love to see Yahtzee review Bloodlines now. Retro reviews are more fun to me. Shitty games come as a close second.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Another fantastic episode, you are at your best when you are reviewing something awful.

aren?t most stealth games about trial and error? That or hiding under\behind objects trying to figure out the guards patrol route?

Eomega123 said:
For anyone who has not yet been convinced to re-download/buy VtM:B, I would just like to remind/inform you that it contains:

A mission in which you fight a ninja stripper vampire hunter.
A boss who fights you by whacking you with his own severed arm.
The Malchavian, whose story is completely incomprehensible if it's your first playthrough, but is the most clever, hilarious, and logical character in the whole game if you already understand the story.

Just, you know, get the patch. Cause you kind of need that.
It seems nice unfortunately I dislike vampires and I dislike stories that use the masquerade trope, and the game has both of these things in its title so it probably isn?t for me.