Zero Punctuation: Darksiders

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
uNeekS said:
I AM A MONSTER TRUCK WHO WALKS LIKE A MAN!

Perhaps the best Yahtzee-ism ever.
Please don't forget:
At the secret service of queen Lizzy,
BJ's bosses found themselves in a tizzy,
They stand up and shout:
"BJ, sort this al out,
We'd do it ourselves but we're buisy"

lagomorph

Jan 21, 2010
Yo Yahtzee, you don't want no part of Bayonetta, man. You better back off now before it's too late. That *****'ll eat your soul with her hair. She has GUNS on her FEET. I know you like to be dominated but don't let the Tina Fey/Angela Aki glasses fool you, Bayonetta will ride your pansy ass raw.

This has been a public service message for SISSY LADS PWNED BY BAYONETTA.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Bloop glop de oob glub

It's not that I mind, but why "gelatinous creatures"? I only played the PC games, not the original tabletop, so I'm probably missing some kind of joke at the expense of the hardcore W40K fandom.

lagomorph said:
Yo Yahtzee, you don't want no part of Bayonetta, man. You better back off now before it's too late. That *****'ll eat your soul with her hair. She has GUNS on her FEET. I know you like to be dominated but don't let the Tina Fey/Angela Aki glasses fool you, Bayonetta will ride your pansy ass raw.

This has been a public service message for SISSY LADS PWNED BY BAYONETTA.
Young man, please behave yourself before we're forced to call your parents!

Lovesfool

Jan 28, 2009
Radu889 said:
Yahtzee sounded a bit angrier this review.
Indeed. I noticed that too. Too much of the Christmas spirit. I guess he needed to vent it out of his system.

Still, I think this was one of his best reviews to date. I laughed more than I remember laughing with any other review.

Well done!!!

Then again, who am I to judge.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Did they *really* put a gun that shoots orange and blue portals ??
If so, wow.. they could at least have changed the colors.

fisk0

Aug 19, 2009
Hilarious, I also thought the "I am a monster truck who walks like a man!!" line was a great contender for quote of the decade.
What I have heard though is that this game doesn't try to claim it's not stolen from other games, but rather that "this is the Zelda game we always wanted to play, but that Nintendo were to f*ing 'no we must make all games cute with cheery voices!!' to make". The Zelda game mechanics have been mentioned in every review, article, preview or anything I've seen on this game, and I'll probably buy it once the PC version (which I have heard is coming out sometime in the future, probably before DNF) is selling for a reasonable price. Like 5? or something.

To me, this game seems really enjoyable. And this ZP episode was the funniest I've seen for a while.

Pentarch

Not a Bumblebee
Oct 20, 2008
This is definitely one of his better reviews, when he really hates a game that's when he makes excellent reviews. Even though i might disagree.

fisk0

Aug 19, 2009
Noelveiga said:
Speak for yourself. If there's one thing the world needs less than another cute iteration on the Zelda series is another gruff mountain of a man with no neck and heavy armour.
I think the casual game market could benefit from using the gruff mountain of a man with no neck and heavy armour. Think of the possibilies.
I'd totally buy a Wii to play Wii Archetypical Badass One Man Army Warrior Dude Figure Skating Championship in Hell. Even Soccer and Golf games would be fun if all players were ridiculously huge and heavily armoured. Of course, that seems to be the one thing americans have figured out when it comes to sports.

bustedwolf

Dec 1, 2009
huh, I only see a Zelda ripoff, a Devil May Cry (not quite) ripoff (same creator there), a God Of War ripoff and a Rygar ripoff. Anyone remember that God Of War is a Rygar ripoff?

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Wow. This game is horrible. All those ripoffs turned any potential interest I had below zero.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
I have not laughed that much in five minutes in way too long...but eh...does that comment about all the God of War clones mean he's not reviewing Bioshock 2? Naw...I'm just imagining things.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Ive never had an issue considering that Darksiders is pretty much God of War and Zelda put together because the xbox doesnt have those games individually.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Heres the thing.

I've been waiting for God of War to be ported over to the Xbox,but thats apparently never going to happen.Its about time Xbox owners get something similar to GOW for their system.

As far as 'Dantes Inferno' goes its a bit soon to be writing it off because it borrows elements from GOW.To me it looks like a winner.Lets be patient and see.

Randvek

Jan 5, 2010
bustedwolf said:
Anyone remember that God Of War is a Rygar ripoff?
Wow, don't hear accusations of ripping off Rygar very often. Really, the pizza pan-on-a-rope genre does need more love.