Zero Punctuation: Driver: San Francisco

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Scott Bakula did not ruin Star Trek.

The series was so tired, overused, and run into the ground by the time of Star Trek: Enterprise, the series death was inevitable.

Studs MacKenzie

Aug 6, 2011
Driver came out of nowhere with many postive critic reviews, it surprises me greatly! The concept seemed so... lame, and I just chalked this to be Ubisoft's last hurrah for the Driver series, but at this point (if the sales line up) the franchise may become relevent again. The question is, though, how far will the gimmick of "quantum leaping" will go...

Great review, as usual. I suppose I'll have to see what all the positive reviews are about.

Useful Idiot

Sep 29, 2009
I played the demo for this, and it was one of the worst things I ever laid my hands on. Maybe they improved on it...doubtful. I think Yahtzee was just drunk.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Looked for a demo, UbiSoft refused to make one for the PC.
Eeeexcellent UbiSoft, my willingless to give you any amount of money just shrunk to its possible minimum I believe. Especially after the terrible AC ports and your DRM fetish.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Hmm, after spending way too much time with the training level of the first game back in the day (fucking thing was atrociously hard), I didn't spend too much time with the rest of the game. It was all right and stuff but then I had Carmageddon which was godlike, so you know the rest of the story. Seeing this review, I actually want to try a new Driver game, hope it's really that good.

Also, glad that this (or any other game to be honest) was reviewed in favor of Dead Island, which for the life of me I can't care one bit about. Guess I had enough of zombies.

LiliumSnow

Jun 20, 2011
"Indestructible butterfly" .... I chuckled at that :D

Also it's okay Yahtzee ... I haven't even taken my driver's test yet :'D

tadaaaaa

Nov 20, 2009
I thought this was going to be a surprise hit over a year ago when it was announced. Now all the reviewers say I was right, and I can't even play it yet, not until Steam lets it out the door :<

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
But how does a Sweet Jump hold up against Refined Metal? <-TF2 joke

But seriously, I may have to check this out now. I hadn't even realized it existed to be honest. Though it'll likely have to wait till I've caught up a bit on everything else I've been buying lately.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wow he lied it...woww nice hahaha

and when he made the comment about jacking a student driver, I was biting into a muffin and nearly spat it out laughing

Maleek

Mar 6, 2008
I wonder how much Ubisoft paid the escapist/yahtzee for this overwhelmingly positive review.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
So basically Ubisoft did a little shuffling together of Assassin's Creed and Driver .. Nice idea and all .. but it still involves Ubisoft. No thanks.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
I knew it! I totally and completely knew Driver San Francisco was a good game! When I watched the trailers, I thought "This game is gonna be lame." But when I played the demo, I thought, "This game fucking rocks!" And Yahtzee agrees with me! The ultimate confirmation of a good game!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Awesome, sounds like one of those games worth picking up when they are cheap. Nothing special, just guilty fun. (Speaking of which, good call on Just Cause 2 Yahtzee).

I hate Captcha's :/

Limecake said:
This might be the first driver game I try, I'm glad they broke away from the whole 'gta clone' label.
I think if anything it's the other way around, GTA was just always more fun.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
Yahtzee you obviously know nothing about motorsports if you think they're as physically demanding as sitting in a chair. Formula 1 is one of the most physically demanding sports out there. I guess you think flying a jet is not physically demanding either.