Zero Punctuation: Driver: San Francisco

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
For some reason the opening comments made me laugh way more than they should have >_>

Anyways, I'll have to give this a look. I still remember playing the demo of the original game, now I feel old...

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
The whole astral plane projection into other bodies (even if it's a dream) just seems terribly contrived to me. This has been a real deal breaker to me. Enjoyable video though.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
This might be the first driver game I try, I'm glad they broke away from the whole 'gta clone' label.

and the whole coma thing seems like a nice twist too especially since they didn't wait till the end for the big reveal

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I was planning on getting this at some point anyways... but damn! Yahtzee likes it too!?
Must be made from Unicorns and Rainbows.

The_Raging_Tree

Sep 5, 2011
My first thought of the astral projection concept in a Driver game made me question my own sanity, "No fucking way can they be serious about this, this is possibly the goofyest idea for a drving game ever", but to my surprise it actually works.

I was seriously stunned by how well it fit into the game, I was expecting this to be another massive flop from Ubisoft but instead I have to agree that this is deffinitly one the best surprises of the year.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Now the questions is... Xbox or PC?

I liked Driver 2 and now I think it might be worth it to check this out at some point.

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Y'know, it's nice every once in a while to be surprised by an overwhelmingly positive Yahtzee review.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
As good as the review was, the last punchline really cracked me up: "Sweet jump currently trading favorable against the Euro"! Also, I might just give it a try. Now I just have to decide if I should brush off the dust of my 350 or just buy it on my awesome PC. Hmm....

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
A positive review? WHAT.

Anyway I'l likely pick this game up when the price drops a little!

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Great review, the moment when Tanner is driving, his partner beside him, a dick hanging out of his car, and Tanner about to blow his own brains out, was too funny.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I'm gonna be singing that song in my head all night now, as the only way to stop it is to listen to it. And once I start listening to Robert Smith, I can never stop.
Might have to look into this game, maybe download a demo if there is one.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Shit I was watching my brother play this game yesterday and didn't think it looked to good. But hell if you say so. Might give it a try after all.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A Driver game that isn't an annoyingly sluggish frustration fest?

Who'da thunk?

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I'm not into driving games at all, but when I read about the possesion mechanic I really went WTF??? I could not see that work at all. But apparently it does. Yahtzee has spoken. All mortals bow to his will! I might get it by the time it hits the bargain bin.

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Yopaz said:
Now the questions is... Xbox or PC?

I liked Driver 2 and now I think it might be worth it to check this out at some point.
Xbox, the PC version have this terrible always online DRM.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Wait what? I saw 'Driver San Francisco' and just thought wow this is gonna be a total slam feast. But nope he actually enjoyed the game and the interesting game feature. Part of me feels betrayed the other part is curious if this game is coming out on the PC.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I've got to say I'm really surprised he liked Driver: San Francisco, I'm even more surprised he didn't mention the game's liberal use of the dirt aesthetic. Just goes to show; you think you've got this guy's mindset down and then he throws curve-ball like this right at your face.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Wait wait wait wait.

This is a real thing?
This wasn't just taking the piss out of a terrible game by creating an entirely fictitious one?

What?