Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
A four-minute eulogy for a twelve-year-old project, rife with sarcasm so thin and gently wrapped it's practically gossamer. Still, i'm curious if anyone else is scheduled to speak at this funeral.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
My and my zero punctuation t shirt (and my tremulous voice) think this is a brilliant idea. Creating a vehicle for the best bits of yahtzee's creativity without having to be burdened by reviewing an actual existing game.
Brilliant!

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
You forgot to mention level 8 where you have a nuclear pillow fight with stalin, the was some good shit!

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Dante Spears said:
As good as always! I gotta find this game to play sometime - I say with my tongue planted firmly in cheek.
You've only watched a minute of it..

Scratch That
I doubt you've watched it at all.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Hahaha, you really had me going there Yahtzee. I almost thought that it was really released and I hadn't noticed, and all this "ZOMFG ITS AMAAAAZING" stuff was prodding it for being altogether pretty damn crap. But no, it still isn't released (oh, how shocking) so thank you Yahtzee, thank you for re-killing the buzz that's only been alive for a couple of years at most.

mstaubin

Dec 3, 2008
Me thinks DNF actually means Does Not Finish....

Awesome though, it's the perfect mesh up of qualities. I wanna cook on the moon with Duke.

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
wow, hahaha.....yahtzee you are a genius.

In fact, when I looked up sarcasm in the dictionary, you were definition number 4.

Mr. Peligro

Apr 14, 2009
I'm offended that he forgot the best part of the game where you defeat Hitler by picking your nose & scowling during the most important parts of his speeches.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
That was brilliant - great way to still entertain us during a slow reviewing period. One of the classics, for sure.

And I dunno about you guys, but I never cared about DNF - I couldn't care less if it's never released. I never played the original...

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
BonsaiK said:
I hear that they're going to release it in a box set with the new Battletoads. Pre-orders get a free Wii strap.
Battletoads is already out though. I'm enjoying the free Wii strap I got with it.

I don't think I'll be able to afford DNF, 14 DVDs sounds very very expensive. Must be worth the wait at least.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Ahh, the old Duke. Didn't offer much beyond the more atmospheric Doom from where I was standing but still, it was fun seeing people teetering on the edge of insanity and despair - and after a while, admittedly (elapsing time is a remarkable thing), you start giving up on your criticism and sarcasm and whatnot, you drop the defenses and actually start rooting for 3D Realms to get it finally done.

Is probably the reason why even Yahtzee succumbed and mused and jollied about what could have been. Oops, sorry, why even Yahtzee succumbed and lauded the greatest game ever produced by mankind, showering it with the highest accolades and praise at his disposal. There's no escape from the Duke. When it's done.