Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Name Not Found

Apr 16, 2009
Man, people are stupid.

This review was satire. It's trying to show that Duke Nukem would have to solve world hunger, bring about world peace, and give out free peanut M&Ms to make up for the long wait time. Also, if they didn't use those ten years making THE. BEST. GAME. EVER. then people going to call bullshit on them.

Positive Yahtzee scares me. Even if the positivity is faker an a emo kid.

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
For the first 20 seconds or so, I was like "What!? They finally released it!? And it's good?!"

And then reality punched me in the face.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I have to say this was a master stroke from Yahtzee, and I find I agree with him about the level of hype this game has received.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Goldeneye103X2 said:

Good review, but I was hoping he'd review infamous
Well though, get over it. YOu can't always have everything you want life doesn't work that way.

On the other had that is a kick ass name...

MasterKeelay18 said:
Why Duke Nukem?
Why not?

Myoukochou

Black Butterfly
Apr 1, 2009
Fantastic. Sir, my hat is off to you. One very sharp, satirical nail in the coffin for this absolutely epic, defining piece of vapourware.

From the stories, they'd complete tiny pieces and then the management would just repeatedly dump the pieces in the bin. I can't believe they got away with it for so long, but part of me always hoped there'd be something to show for it, even if it was quite obviously going to make Daikatana look good.

sonidraw

Mar 1, 2009
Awesome satire!

Also, didn't the development team go bankrupt? How can they still develop a game when they have no money and no workers? o_o

Name Not Found

Apr 16, 2009
Triple G said:
Sorry, but is the game really out or is it just a joke? I know, that this could be a really stupid question but I really want to believe that it is out, but give me just the truth.
No, it is not out.
And yes, that was a stupid question.

Hey, you asked for the truth.

Daimes2000

Oct 20, 2008
Chapeau for this brilliant episode! I couldn't imagine how one about DNF would be like, but reviewing a game that never hit the light of existance is just genius! There can only be one long-time-in-development-and-still/thus-great media per decade, and, sorry to all Duke fans, Chinese Democracy came first :D

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
This might be one of the funniest reviews that Yahtzee has done. So brilliant, so clever, so hilarious.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
HAHAHAH oh wow best review ever. i thought it had finally been released when i saw the title to be honest.. (also am i sad if i noticed Hendrix had an SG instead of a Strat?)

Kdude

Jun 25, 2008
Anyone else ever notice that the initials for "Duke Nukem Forever" also mean "Did Not Finish"?