Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
I was confused at first. I thought it actually came out, which made me feel incredibly stupid for not knowing.
I started having my doubts when he talked about the controller though haha :p

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
TZer0 said:
Oh ho ho.. the sarcasm and humiliation. So fun to watch.

Honestly, I didn't see this "review" coming.
Like wise, the instant I saw it though I had a feeing he was about to take a baseball bat to this "games" knee caps and wouldn't stop there.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Holy cow. Yahtzee has really sold me on this game, and as soon as I'm done typing this I'm going to run out and buy it. Sure, a decade plus is a long time to wait for a game, and I'll admit I was one of the many making fun of 3D Realms for what I thought would be a forever-unfinished effort. But thanks to the countless hours that these lazy underachievers hard-working developers spent picking each others' noses fine-tuning every last aspect of the game, we games can finally point and laugh experience this epic game and say "I told you so!" "At last we are with Duke once more!" We should hate thank 3D Realms for wasting so many development dollars sticking through all the flak and having nothing to show for it giving us gamers more than we truly deserve.

I for one hope the devs get to burn in Hell enjoy the well-earned fruits of their labor for bringing us this crowning achievement in vaporware incredible interactive experience.

...oh, God. I think my sarcasm gland just burst.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
That was four and a half minutes of one of the most intense concentrations of sarcasm that I have ever witnessed.

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Lopunny said:
wow, refreshed and there it was ^^ curse you yahtzee and your contribution to my procrasination of revising :p
I'm thanking him. Procrastination is the only thing that keeps me sane.

ltwario

Apr 23, 2009
Really.... are you that low or something, to "review" a game that's not even out yet.... gees Ben, at least waste your time reviewing AN ACTUAL GAME.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I'll admit, when I saw that Duke Nukem Forever was on the spotlight, my first reaction was, "they finally released that immature pile?" Then again, I only watch games I care about, and allow for games that could surprise me to pop out of a cake upon their release.

There are some points that Yahtzee brings up about the Duke concept that I couldn't help but agree. Such as there was a time for Duke, that feels lost now. Monkeys and bananas part had a feeling of some truth too. :)

Hillarious, Yahtzee. :D had me fooled for a minute.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, I don't like to agree with Yahtzee too much, but these were pretty much my feelings on the matter when I heard everybody whining about "saving" DNF. 12 years and that's what they had? They totally deserved what they got. 12 years is an eternity in the gaming industry.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
I laughed quite a bit to this one.

Yahtzee's reviews are not intended to be topical and recent -- they're expected to be interesting and entertaining.

He doesn't have anything to fear from it being released. It will give him a great opportunity to review it *again*, and ask *again* what the hell they've been up to for a dozen years. Because somehow I suspect that in whatever form DNF is released, it won't cure cancer.

kailthous

May 27, 2009
thought he was serious about it being a good game there for a second. im like WHAT?!?!?!? Yahtzee cant like a game.... the universe will crumble :(

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ON THE REVIEWS

Feb 6, 2009
That was great. Duke Nukem Forever is such a great game, I actually became inspired to become a cook.
I think I'll join Jimi Hendrix later to play a concert in space.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
What a great game, i just placed a preorder on it hopefully it will arrive in the next 50 years