Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Must... regain... ability to breathe... can't... urgh... laughing... too hard... *passes out with a smile on his face*

Hungryfreak

May 24, 2008
I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't mention the epic scene, wherein you must form a techno-punk band to infiltrate the domain of the mole people and murder them all with your laser show.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I'm sorry about my comment last week ("Yahtzee is over the hill"), he has reversed and is firmly back behind it.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
he got me.... no really i had my doubts but when he started pracing the game i was "really??? well perhaps i should buy it" i realized this was a Joke when he started saying something about the 12 dvds (wich is actually what the developpers should do because DAMN they are taking too long)

civver

May 15, 2009
Meh. Somewhat entertaining, not enough humor. He does have a point about people not caring about that game anymore.

Undeadpope

Feb 4, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
I'm very very confused.
Room for two?

I only breifly heard/read about Duke Nukem Forever and thought "Oh,that game" when I saw the video and only at the end with the whole "Duke Nukem is NOT released" did it actually even occur to me that the game was indeed unreleased(and persumingly,is not being?)

foggy666

May 5, 2009
The best part in the game is when you use your teeth to shoot the dog Panzerschreck through the nazi mayonnaise factory of doom, destroying the red portal and ending the 3DR manes upon the world.

JazzCP

May 20, 2009
I had to read the title twice, but then I understood what he may try to do and I wasn't disappointed. I seriously laughed at the end with Jimi Hendrix under the sea. Fantastic 'review' and he did have a point about how the game was slightly overhyped and how people should finally forget about it, even though (as mentioned) they probably won't for a while.

Sirducki

Mar 13, 2009
Beldaros said:
RedMenace said:
Bah! I was expecting an actual review of an actual game this week. Quit slacking off Yahtzee. Do your job.
I couldn't agree more
Yeah but knowing Yahzee he would review some God awful game witch no one would buy anyway, Atlest we got to see him be awsom

Tolmassar

Mar 16, 2009
Congratulations, Yahtzee, I actually had forgotten about Duke Nukem Forever until you posted this 'review'.

I seriously want them to release the game now, though. It'll be like a tetanus shot. Sure, the experience will be painful, but it's best to get it over with quickly and move on to something pleasant, like, say, candy.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Wow that is hands down the best one yet. It is taking me a while to post this because of the tears in my eyes. Well done sir, well done!

MrPop

May 14, 2009
I think I am still the only person who is sad that it didn't really come true. But that's nostalgia talking.

Great vid. Made me laugh ^_^

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
There really needs to be a documentary made about the insane development cycle that DNF went through. I mean it really is BAFFLING how A: This took so long to develop, and B: It was ALLOWED to take so long to develop! I guess the profits from Max Payne and Prey were enough to keep this abortion going, but you'd have to figure that the distributor after a while (or maybe after the 3rd engine change) would have given them an ultimatum and demanded something other than the occasional screen shot for display.

Let's not also forget the company's horrible history of actually COMPLETING games. If you take away games that they just PRODUCED and only looked at development as 3D Realms, they only released 2 games in an 11 year span. And let's not forget that their most "recent" release, Prey, had been in development for 11 years before they finally gave it to another studio to finish the job...

I'm waiting for the "3D Realms: Behind the Music" myself..

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
BHWAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, I thought Duke Nuke'm Forever was going to be mentioned in a review, I didn't expect it to get an entire video all to itself! Brillant work Yahtzee, although I'm having trouble with the achievement on getting 3 blonde kids from a beautiful girl. For starters, I lack any girl, beautiful or no, and I'm black haired, so at a genetic disadvantage. Would you recommend that I have genetic re-engineering done to make myself and my future offspring blonde? Anyway, whilst I wait for your reply, I've got a frozen bucket and a controller to see about.