Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
How should I put it... The idea itself is clever, but sometimes clever ideas just aren't as good when actually attempted.

I have no real insight into what 3DR have been up to during office hours, but even if they've been working hard all along they haven't worked smart. People get fired for less than that.

I wish stupidity was grounds for probation 'round here though...

TheZaius

May 7, 2008
Pony-trekking under the sea. Ahhhh...

Under the sea! Under the sea!
There'll be no accusations. Just friendly crustaceans.
Under the seeeeaaaaaa!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Wow... A four and-a-half minute verbal burn...
3D Realms will never recover.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
Let's not also forget the company's horrible history of actually COMPLETING games. If you take away games that they just PRODUCED and only looked at development as 3D Realms, they only released 2 games in an 11 year span. And let's not forget that their most "recent" release, Prey, had been in development for 11 years before they finally gave it to another studio to finish the job...

I'm waiting for the "3D Realms: Behind the Music" myself..
Quite so! Have 3D realms even developed ANY truly 3D games? At all? Not produced, of course, but make themselves, heh...?

If anything, Yahtzee's in theory review now makes me wonder why we can't have games that start as FPS' and end up with cooking mama sections for baking for the alien wedding....

Lenoh

Apr 22, 2009
Everyone else may like it, but I'm here to play the devil's advocate.

Yahtzee, usually your reviews are witty and quite funny and actually mean something as to whether I should consider buying the game or not. But wasting 3 and a half minutes and a week's worth of review on a game everyone knows will never come out is a lot more lazy than anything 3DRealms did. Shame on you, Yahtzee.

But I still did like the howler monkey reference. :p

Reaperman64

Dec 16, 2008
the only game where the "Making of" dvd lasts longer than the play time itself....

ahhh humour is good :D

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
I knew I was in for a good show when I saw the title, but I expected him to openly lash it not review a fictional version XD Fantastic! The epic rant at the end was awesome. I too agree that it is not "targic"

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
Lawl'd hard. The random and outrageous implications of hypothetical gameplay were great.

CrazyBlue

May 23, 2009
That was impressive Yahtzee, you were able to review a game your imagination came up with! And get paid for it... :p

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I'd bet 5 bucks that someone will actually go out and make a game just like what Yahtzee described. After all if Jack Thompson can get a game made just by mentioning his idea I'm sure Yahtzee can.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
Chaosut said:
I don't normally wait for a review, but i was staying up anyways, thank god for sleeping in :). I have to say i wasn't expecting DNF, my bets we're completely on Infamous.
That makes two of us.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
iJosh said:
How'd he play the game if it wasn't released OMGZ h4x0rz
Are you calling DNF a horrible, horrible game that would've been forgotten so fast it would spin over Gamestop few times before landing in a trashcan and it should never, ever consume 12 million dollars on God only knows what?

...where was I going with that? I dunno. Point is... I don't know. Let me edit it later.

OH WAIT NO!

How come they are suing for only 20 million dollars? It's still barely more (when you think about it and how much more was a $ worth 10 years ago) than 3D wasted.