Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Lukyo

Aug 14, 2009
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
This is probably a dumb question but does anyone know where I can find this "Masterpiece" ?
You can't. The game was never made.

That whole review was a joke.
. . . uh hu.
Christ, please tell my you're not being serious?
Zedzero said:
Good job on necroing....
I aim...

www.epiconeliner.com

...to please
It's seems out of character for Yahtzee to make a joke review.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
This is probably a dumb question but does anyone know where I can find this "Masterpiece" ?

. . . uh hu.
Zedzero said:
Good job on necroing....
I aim...

www.epiconeliner.com

...to please
Then you don't know Yahtzee's character very well.

Watch this all the way to the end. I think that he tells everyone it's a joke review at about 4:30. It's on the same slide where Jimmy Hendrix is blown up by a gun which fires dogs while he's under the sea performing for Yahtzee and two seahorses.

I mean Jesus, it's not hard.

Lukyo

Aug 14, 2009
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:
Lukyo said:

. . . uh hu.
Zedzero said:
Good job on necroing....
I aim...

www.epiconeliner.com

...to please

Watch this all the way to the end. I think that he tells everyone it's a joke review at about 4:30. It's on the same slide where Jimmy Hendrix is blown up by a gun which fires dogs while he's under the sea performing for Yahtzee and two seahorses.

I mean Jesus, it's not hard.
Well prior to this one every review has been about games that actually do exist. Caught me off guard I guess.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Lukyo said:
bodyklok said:

I mean Jesus, it's not hard. I apologise for saying that, if it offended you.
Well prior to this one every review has been about games that actually do exist. Caught me off guard I guess.
Alright well that at lest I understand. Just remember though, never judge a book by its cover. Or, as in this case, a review by its predecessors.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
After seeing the latest story about how DNF is in production AGAIN, I just had to watch. it is now even better.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
I was reminded of this one after seeing Yahtzee's awards for 2009. At this [em]extremely[/em] late date, I would just like to add:

Yahtzee said:
...A bunch of extremely thick people who still genuinely believe that something half-decent could come out of this rigmarole would say, "Taht's targic."
Actually, one good thing [em]did[/em] come out of this. It finally got Scott Miller of 3DRealms to shut the hell up about the "targic" issue of game developers "losing" money to game rentals, a wholly non-problem he had been whining about for at least two years before the studio cratered. He has been curiously -- and thankfully -- silent on the subject since.

Anorgil

Mar 24, 2004
It's not just the note at the end with Yahtzee and Jimi Hendrix that implies that this review was fake: As Yahtzee was talking about people getting sued for not doing the job that they were paid to do, the images depict Escapist suing Yahtzee for not doing HIS job, i.e. "REVIEW ACTUAL GAMES."

Granted, the visual jokes are a bit hard to catch...

sixinthehood

Nov 11, 2009
when I first watched this I thought that the game actually came out and it took about a week of searching for me to figure out that its either still in development or just plain canceled, shows how dumb I am when yahtzee clearly said that it isnt out. Great video Yahtzee it was as funny as any real one.

Brainsaw

May 8, 2008
Whether or not the review caught you off-guard, the sheer rhetoric and sarcasm not too mention the ridiculous features Yahtzee mentioned should have made it obvious it was a joke review. Do people really think there a portion of a game where you fire a crossbow with your ears?

generalidea

Jan 13, 2010
I really found the 'obtain a two year degree in Swiss massage from a community college' segments to be particularity immersive. And in the context of the story, wasting two years of his life just to get a knot out of that elderly woman's groin. I'll admit it, I cried.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I am quite surprised that a lot a people didn't figure out this was a joke review. Given about a dozen of obvious cues from subtle to the entire point of the video makes this realization quite distressing.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Whoa, that game is mind blowing. I must have it even if I have to wait untill the end of time, which I just might. If I repetedly keep poking the developers in the eye untill they start working would it help?

hippykiller

Dec 28, 2008
good job Yahtzee, as always.

but wtf is up with this thread?

why was "GuNsLiNgEr X" banned permanently for saying "first!"

he didn't deserve that.