Zero Punctuation: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
HEHE. Cheeky monkey.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the imps wearing the robot hats that were portraying the baddies. Good stuff.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
haha, pretty much sums up all the bad things about Enslaved. I still liked it though because of characters including the oinker.

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
Funny review.

Game doesn't really stand out for me. But im surprised he didn't make anything of the fact that Andy Serkis was "Monkey's" voice.

But thats all ive seen about this game on the adverts. It just says voiced by Andy Serkis but doesn't tell us anything about the game...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaahaahhaa still laughing from the Halo Pride and Prejudice bit

but now that he mentioned it...

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
AlissaX70 said:
I'm glad he mention how this game was NOTHING RELATED TO JOURNEY TO THE WEST!!

Anyone wanna tell me why Western culture has this fascination with that story?

Leave that story to Damon Albarn, Ninja Theory...
My understanding of why its so popular is firstly, that its one of the most classic stories of Buddhism, and secondly that the 1970s Japanese TV show based on the story was both hilarious and awesome so people are trying to recapture that.

Personally, I think that unless a game about Monkey has the 70s theme tune, Monkey Magic, it can go to hell.

Feb 13, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I bet this has thrown everyone in the UK who forgot about BST.
BST?
Normally, ZP would be on at 5pm, but because of British Summer Time going back to Greenwich Mean Time, it's only 4pm now.

Yeah, we don't quite get it either.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
PAGEToap44 said:
Well I thought Enslaved would be shit. I was right.
No you weren't.
The gameplay is solid and the characters are very likeable (as even Yahtzee had to admit). I don't know if you've noticed but ZP mostly sides with the negative aspects of a game, so generally not worth using them to make an accurate judgement on a game. Maybe check out Susan Arendt's review? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8188-Review-Enslaved-Odyssey-to-the-West]