Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

Zabadack

Mar 22, 2008
haha awesome.. I had a rant at uni the other day how fallout 3 didn't let me kill the kids and yahtzee has the same opinion!

the kids in question needed to open a door for me to progress... I could see the pulley but it wouldn't let me use it, i needed to get permission from the "mayor" before they'd open it.. I thought "fuck this!" and tried to shoot the little girl protecting the gate, it didn't even upset her!

stupid pretend freedom -.-

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
That was my exact thought when my friend told me that you couldn't beat your kids in the game.
You do realize that someone else in the game killed children, right? Why shouldn't you be able to do that as well? That's a double standard, and one standard will do us just fine, sir.
I haven't played fable 2 yet but I also ran into the problem of Not being able to kill the Children in Fallout 3 and frankly I don't see why not. I don't see why killing a shorter NPC is that much worse than all the other morally evil and ambiguous things you can do in both Fable and Fallout so why is this taboo?
I mean come on. I wasn't even able to sell them into slavery though God knows I tried. So please, game designers, let me be as much of an evil douchebag as I possibly can.
I am also providing exhibits B,C and D for you to examine. These ones are all from Pro Childkillers.

Dyselon

Oct 3, 2007
It's funny how he tells us that just like the first game, you only need melee one second, then tells us you only need magic the next, and meanwhile, I've played through the whole game just shooting people. The truth about combat is that it's just like the rest of the game: you can do it however you want, and there's no real incentive for anything either way.

Prototype1207

Oct 30, 2008
Actually I was wondering how the dog is around for so long too. I mean the thing looked pretty big when you saved it as a child, and it stays around when you grow old.

About the game... it got pretty boring. big let-down.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
ShadowFlex said:
Firstly NewClassic,
Please refrain from talking about a single point of my post, unless you wish to discuss it as a whole. Also if you want to discuss something I post with me please keep the subject matter in hand as "-USER BANNED-" Was only an off topic joke and was not intended to be taken seriously or by any means offend your eyes.

Secondly,
Stop acting as if you?re a forum moderator, you have no jurisdiction over what is posted on these boards and I find your "holier-than-though" Attitude grating.

Thirdly, (and by far not least)
Classing me along side the 4channers for using one line of caps from what was a fully coherent post, are you serious? Well you posted on my comment so that must make you a?-Chooses from random selection- Oh a Nazi!

Well sorry to Yahtzee for going completely off-topic, but some people just get the worst of you sometimes, ya-know?
I do not find myself, nor my actions, moderator-esque. If I did, I would probably be a lot kinder and more patient with the things that irritate me. Because I have no such official requirements, I'm a lot more verbal about things that bother me, the above included. As far as the whole post, I'll do so now.

ShadowFlex said:
I am looking forward to a Fallout 3 review by you, but take that with salt my friend. I'm playing through it at the moment and enjoying the experience tremendously so it worries me greatly what you might point out with your perception; ultimately destroying the game for me when the ?Problems? you list manifest to the fore point of my sub conscious. You?re always a bastard when it comes to that haha.
This is the meat of your post, at least what of it that isn't referring directly to Yahtzee. As such, I do not believe Yahtzee himself reads these comments, or if he does, makes no effort to visibly reply, to my knowledge.

As well as the commentary on Fallout 3, I don't believe seeing any review should ultimately affect your gameplay experience. Sometimes you'll notice things you didn't before, but if it makes a game un-enjoyable, then you're probably focusing on the wrong aspects of the game.

No, I made the statement that this forum is not 4chan, I not once said you were a chan-tard. I'm simply saying, posting something like that, even as a tail, is very out of character for these forums.

Apologies for my previous post, but posting further things like this sort of thing will do little more than further offending me.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Muphin_Mann said:
That was my exact thought when my friend told me that you couldn't beat your kids in the game.
You do realize that someone else in the game killed children, right? Why shouldn't you be able to do that as well? That's a double standard, and one standard will do us just fine, sir.
I haven't played fable 2 yet but I also ran into the problem of Not being able to kill the Children in Fallout 3 and frankly I don't see why not. I don't see why killing a shorter NPC is that much worse than all the other morally evil and ambiguous things you can do in both Fable and Fallout so why is this taboo?
I mean come on. I wasn't even able to sell them into slavery though God knows I tried. So please, game designers, let me be as much of an evil douchebag as I possibly can.
I am also providing exhibits B,C and D for you to examine. These ones are all from Pro Childkillers.
Give it a rest, everything is extremely violent these days and seeing people die in TV shows, movies and video games is common. Basically video violence isn't the same as blood lust in real life, but it is true there are some crazy people out there that get the wrong idea. Killing a computer kid or dog is not any different to me when I slaughter millions of soldiers who do nothing wrong but defend there country or honor or whatever.

You might as well complain about violence altogether, personally exploding corpses is not needed in games. Just have it like Counter Strike or Perfect Dark, I don't believe you need to get more violent than that.

islo

Sep 10, 2008
The game was was not as good as the first one, magic system sucked, and the people were really annoying. End note Yahtzee was way to nice on this one.

sithlordjesus

Jul 26, 2008
I managed to keep a straight face until the end
"OH WOOK HE'S A PUPPY, MASH HIS WITTLE FACE AND CALL HIM CHIPS!"
Oh, and not sure if you knew Ben Croshaw but if you advance in dextrous styles enough you can choose where to shoot:
Left hand
Right hand
Head hand
and Groin, although I like to call it the "Crotch shot"
and you can rename anyone but main characters, making Bert the crate carrier into Fagalicious Monster... the crate carrier.
Overall though
(spoiler ahead)
it was hilarious to take away Lucien's manhood and watch him fall to his death while I shat myself during the credits, especially at the pictures of people who look insane.

guyy

Mar 6, 2008
This one was brutal...Yahzee must be in a bad mood this week. That is, more bad than usual.

Still hilarious, though.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
So Peter Molyneux personally contacted you? Sheesh talk about trying to convince everyone he's the shiznit.

Less Than Glorious

Nov 12, 2008
nightowlc said:
Less Than Glorious said:
You know, I'm a little disappointed. Why would you want to get married? Why, for the little gem of a side-quest that allows you to dig up the various pieces of a corpse of a woman murdered for being a witch, bring her back to life so that a rapist can force her to fall in love with him, force her to fall in love with you instead, kill the rapist, marry the corpse-witch, and proceed to fuck the brains right back out of her.

And get no 'evil points' or whatever the hell they're called.

Yes, the rest of the game was pretty stunningly mediocre, but how often do you come across a good corpse-fucking side-quest in gaming today?
Oh. Well in that case, it TOTALLY makes sense.

Seriously, please tell me you're kidding. Have the game writers/designers been reading too many bad Anita Blake novels or something?
No, I'm dead serious. I was laughing my ass off through the entire end of that mini-quest.

Magicmage84

Nov 13, 2008
My brother played this whole game through in about a week, and while watching him kill his 5th wife just for laughs was good for a giggle, I found the ending to be completely STUPID! You can be the most evil of evil, killing towns for breakfast and then when it comes to the magical all powerful wish granting time, the most evil option available is....wish for money. Seriously - what the hell - at least in the first one u got to kill your sister and run around with a big ass sword. Pretty poor if you ask me.

chase211

Sep 22, 2008
Amen, though I feel you should have covered the fact that wether you play good or evil the ending is still the same save 2 lines of changed dialoge and the story was actualy a downgrade from fable 1

Chattermouth

Nov 5, 2008
Qayin said:
m_jim said:
Qayin said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't. Granted it's been a while since I have seen the movie, but I don't think that ever happened. What part are you thinking of?
I'm probably thinking of a different film, but I was sure at one point a child was accidentally shot...

No, I think I'm thinking of a different film, sorry.
You may be thinking of Assault on Precinct 13. Little girl gets shot in front of an icecream car. Not accidentally though. Very intentionally.
Very warm and fuzzy scene.

entropy3ko

Jan 17, 2008
After the HUGE disappointment that was Fable TLC and after seeing that Fable II looks & plays a lot like Fable TLC I thing I will just stay awayfrom this game until it's for sale for $5 somewhere

By the way... you can't kill kids in Fallout 3 either...