Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

asteroth21nox

Nov 12, 2008
I agree pretty much with what he said, too easy, not enough challenges, blew threw the whole thing in two days. There should have been alot more areas and questes and it should have just been made bigger with more veriety in spells. Not that the game is bad, but it's like it was made for people who can't tie their shoes or something. I wonder what he would say about two worlds?

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
SpaceIdiot said:
I haven't played fable 2 yet but I also ran into the problem of Not being able to kill the Children in Fallout 3 and frankly I don't see why not. I don't see why killing a shorter NPC is that much worse than all the other morally evil and ambiguous things you can do in both Fable and Fallout so why is this taboo?

I mean come on. I wasn't even able to sell them into slavery though God knows I tried. So please, game designers, let me be as much of an evil douchebag as I possibly can.

Though at least in Fable your character can get a girl. In fallout 3 I wasn't able to get a single NPC to swing that way, let along get my character laid. The Mass Effect Character was able to and he/she didn't have to put up with half the sh*t that Fallout 3 has in store for you.
It's because society today has become so politically correct (wussy imo) that if they even tried such a thing, all sorts of media and whatnot would be screaming bloody murder. To compound that, games cost a lot more money than it used to, so they are forced to make a game that pleases all of the censors and mothers worldwide.

I enjoyed Fable 2 for what it was worth. I enjoyed killing everything that moved and shooting townsfolk in the nuts with my flintlock. It was stupidly short and the co-op sucks, as well as not having armor of any kind. But hey, not too many games let me shoot the nuts off of a tranny.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Awww, come on Yahtzee, you can always
1) Marry Lady Grey
2) Have a sex-change
That's all the freedom I need!

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Fable 2

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Peter Molyneux's latest action rpg adventure, Fable 2.

Watch Video
whats the last thing said at the end, i only caught "and called him chips" every thing a few seconds before that wasw gibirish, can some one tell me what was said there?

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Nice review. Same Yahtzee as ever. Must say that I agree on quite a few points. It's a shame he didn't remark on being able to murder everything but the children to get all your anger on them out. Quite satisfying. Or how the manual aiming mode blows rusty buckets of goats.

Gerscan

Nov 12, 2008
Figured now was as good a time as any to make an account here and make posts that will most likely not even get read since they aren't on the first page. ANYWAY, taping the magic button down wouldn't really work since you need to release the button to cast the spell and if you fell asleep doing that you'd wake up to find you had quite a lot of scars, which no one cares about. Other than that, spot-on review, I'm now drowning in money that I have nothing to use on so I'm just waiting for downloadable content, which there had better be some of because that was a pretty abrupt ending, I thought.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Inriri said:
SpaceIdiot said:
I haven't played fable 2 yet but I also ran into the problem of Not being able to kill the Children in Fallout 3 and frankly I don't see why not. I don't see why killing a shorter NPC is that much worse than all the other morally evil and ambiguous things you can do in both Fable and Fallout so why is this taboo?

I mean come on. I wasn't even able to sell them into slavery though God knows I tried. So please, game designers, let me be as much of an evil douchebag as I possibly can.

Though at least in Fable your character can get a girl. In fallout 3 I wasn't able to get a single NPC to swing that way, let along get my character laid. The Mass Effect Character was able to and he/she didn't have to put up with half the sh*t that Fallout 3 has in store for you.
It's because society today has become so politically correct (wussy imo) that if they even tried such a thing, all sorts of media and whatnot would be screaming bloody murder. To compound that, games cost a lot more money than it used to, so they are forced to make a game that pleases all of the censors and mothers worldwide.

I enjoyed Fable 2 for what it was worth. I enjoyed killing everything that moved and shooting townsfolk in the nuts with my flintlock. It was stupidly short and the co-op sucks, as well as not having armor of any kind. But hey, not too many games let me shoot the nuts off of a tranny.

I swear in Bioshock you can rip a worm out of a little girl with your bear hands...AND THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF THE GIRL!

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I stayed up till 6am but it was so worth it. God damn that was the funniest video hes done in ages.
Since I first heard of Fable 2 I knew exactly what it was going to be; Fable 1.1 high def edition. Same old boring fantasy crap, dull story, annoying bland character garbage the first game was. Yahtzee couldn't have said it better, you CAN do all that crap he mentioned but why oh why would you when there's no point to any of it.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Neosage said:
You trust this guy's reviews?
Yes, I do.

Neosage said:
He may say bad stuff about games and on some occasion they might be right but he over exaggerates stuff to the point of hilarity and says everything is bad! (except some good games and one bad one (COD 4))
How is his over-exaggeration of the legitimate problems with games any more or less valid than the over-exaggeration made by folks at GameSpot or IGN? I'm more inclined to believe someone willing to fly in the face of fanboy fanaticism to point out the flaws in a game over bunches of samey glossy corporate bloggers saying something is the "BEST GAME EVAAAR."

And it's only on a few occasions where he universally declares a game to be bad. Clive Barker's Jericho and Too Human spring to mind. Compare those reviews to BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Crysis and numerous others in which he balances the obvious points of praise with the brutal and well-deserved tongue-lashings for which he has become famous.

Finally, if you believe you can make a more valid review, YouTube's free.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
For some reason, the media player that this video uses doesn't work on my school's network. I'm not suprised he thrashed the game (judging from the responses people have been giving). The reason why he became so popular was because he bashed the first Fable. Even if the game was really good, he would still make up some imaginary flaws about it, just so he can prove he's right. But then again, I haven't played the game or watched the review, so it isn't my place to say these things.

P.S. People need to lay off the comments. There are way too many, for a video that has just been recently added.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Fable 2

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Peter Molyneux's latest action rpg adventure, Fable 2.

Watch Video
That was actually spot on. I find that Fable 2 is worse than Fable.

It's ridiculous, if you buy property and make money apparently you're corrupt. Maybe it should've had real corruption, like being mayor and giving planning permission for briefcases full of money.

As a person who cannot afford to buy a flat and has to pay extortionate rent it would've been nice to have the boot on the other foot without the punishment from the game which is obviously absent from the world.

I wish I could tell as easily who was corrupt, then I wouldn't deal with people who had flies endlessly buzzing around them that oddly glow in the moonlight.

Feb 13, 2008
Break said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
But did you read the amount of comments that said "Yay! No More Adverts!" from about three weeks ago?

And then we have some at the start and at the end for something that quite a lot of us wouldn't want to, or can't play?
It's an advert inside a ZP video. I imagine people are willing to pay a pretty penny for that kind of publicity. Do you really think they'd be happy to ignore that opportunity over a few negative complaints?
No. :( But I'm beginning to feel that way after Activision and EA.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I remember watching the original Fable review, it was pretty funny.

Also, my video gaming friends have been talking a lot about Fable II lately. I should definitely show them this review.

Pepperlander

Jun 11, 2008
guys. if you like the game, don't listen to yahtzee and stop liking it. thank you for listening and goodbye