Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

ShadowFlex

Jan 15, 2008
Great as ever! Still waiting in hope of a pc release however; sucker for a franchise I still play wow for Christ sakes (I know I should be banned from these forums!).

I am looking forward to a Fallout 3 review by you, but take that with salt my friend. I'm playing through it at the moment and enjoying the experience tremendously so it worries me greatly what you might point out with your perception; ultimately destroying the game for me when the ?Problems? you list manifest to the fore point of my sub conscious. You?re always a bastard when it comes to that haha.

Keep up the awesome work Yahtzee you haven?t lost any of your old school youtube charm! Oh, and I loved MGS4 too!

-USER BANNED!-

Edit: Small error.

Fratboy

Jul 16, 2008
lol this was quite hilarious xD
Take that anyone who says Yahtzee is getting any less funny

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
After seeing the screen shots and the trailers, after finding out that you can't die in this game and thus are not meant to be challenged in any way, I was amazed at all the glowing reviews. I'm not the only one with eyes, right? Thanks for pointing out what Fable 2 really is. Now let's see if the same can be done for Oblivion With Guns, which was released recently.

Bonkekook

Nov 5, 2008
Aww I was really hoping you'd do Sega Superstars Tennis. :(

Nice review, Yahtzee. Really enjoyed the part about killing the kid.

Less Than Glorious

Nov 12, 2008
You know, I'm a little disappointed. Why would you want to get married? Why, for the little gem of a side-quest that allows you to dig up the various pieces of a corpse of a woman murdered for being a witch, bring her back to life so that a rapist can force her to fall in love with him, force her to fall in love with you instead, kill the rapist, marry the corpse-witch, and proceed to fuck the brains right back out of her.

And get no 'evil points' or whatever the hell they're called.

Yes, the rest of the game was pretty stunningly mediocre, but how often do you come across a good corpse-fucking side-quest in gaming today?

sketchesofpayne

Sep 11, 2008
"No, bad yahtzee! Life simulator, adjust expectations!"
"We'll call him 'chips.'"

Excellent as usual. ^^

On a side note, I've noticed that Yahtzee has yet to review a Real-time Strategy game. Perhaps Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 or Starcraft 2?

Rankao

Mar 10, 2008
Yeah, they should have explain part way through the game that the dog was a magically enchanted princess who at the end of the game halfway transforms into a nude princess and gives you graphical head. That would have been much more rewarding.

Bonkekook

Nov 5, 2008
If you want to see Yahtzee's Fallout 3 review, watch the Oblivion review and replace Oblivion with Fallout 3 and swords and magic with guns.

Seriously.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Neosage said:
You trust this guy's reviews?
Yes, I do.

Neosage said:
He may say bad stuff about games and on some occasion they might be right but he over exaggerates stuff to the point of hilarity and says everything is bad! (except some good games and one bad one (COD 4))
How is his over-exaggeration of the legitimate problems with games any more or less valid than the over-exaggeration made by folks at GameSpot or IGN? I'm more inclined to believe someone willing to fly in the face of fanboy fanaticism to point out the flaws in a game over bunches of samey glossy corporate bloggers saying something is the "BEST GAME EVAAAR."

And it's only on a few occasions where he universally declares a game to be bad. Clive Barker's Jericho and Too Human spring to mind. Compare those reviews to BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Crysis and numerous others in which he balances the obvious points of praise with the brutal and well-deserved tongue-lashings for which he has become famous.

Finally, if you believe you can make a more valid review, YouTube's free.
Yahtzee is hilarious but, I FEEL that he his reviews are for entertainment purposes only, don't get me wrong I love them, but I don't really buy games based on other peoples opinions.....infact I made a poll on it!

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Was it me, or was he particularly angry and cynical in this review? Either way, this is now one of my favorite reviews that he's done.

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
Ah,
Kross said:
MURPHYCHACHO said:
I keep getting a 404 error as well. Is there something wrong with the website?
Sorry, we ran into some caching issues for a bit. But I leveraged the power of the megaramz to make everything faster then ever and at almost a third of the load.
Ah, I see. Works fine now. Thanks!

And Yahtzee, because of you, I will now be naming my dog Chips when I get this game.

Pikka Bird

Mar 9, 2008
Skyweir said:
One of the best RPG franchices ever + One of the most horrendous developers of something
they have the nerve to call RPGs = Not good.
Lame... Daggerfall and Morrowind ruled with an iron fist and there's just no denying that.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
HAHAHA... all of my friends spent a god awfully long time playing the blacksmith job. And hated it. And wiched they could kill kids. But I don't think anyone expressed their desire to marry a dog. "Wook its a doggie smoosh his face and call him chips!"

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
Oh I've been waiting for this review, the ending made me lol. I'm a huge Fable freak and where I'll say the story was better in this one (at least if you look at it from my point of view that Theresa knew your sister was gonna die and let it happen so you'd want revenge and she could wait for the bad guy to build his big evil tree and take it once you've killed him with no effort on her part) it still felt secondary to the game mechanics. That of course hasn't stopped me from making five different characters and beating the game twice already, the clothing dyes going a long way to helping make unique looking characters. And your decisions at least have SOME effect on the world this time around what with entire towns expanding or getting completely fucked up based on whether you remember to do the Temple of Light quests or pay a guy some start up capitol.

I was wondering how the dog was still alive or at least spry enough to run all over the damn world with you after the first 10 year time lapse. Not to mention I was already sick of the dog during all the demos and game press and resent the fact your guy still greets it warmly after coming back from the big evil tree dungeon no matter how ungodly evil he is.