Zero Punctuation: Fallout 3

EasternBlackCat

Jul 10, 2008
Love your review Yatzee! I couldn't help but laugh when the ZP baby fell out of its mom. As for Fallout 3, I really can't wait to play this game when I can get a chance to buy it.

And a hilarious fallout 3 review make a really nice birthday present. I'm 21, I can finally buy booze!

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
Royas said:
Not the most amusing ZP ever, but not bad. I disagree with some of his points on Fallout 3, I didn't find the scenery at all monotonous, and saw little to no real similarity with Oblivion (except the 3-D, first person aspect). It seems that often what Yahtzee is complaining about in a game are things I really enjoyed.
Wait what?

juraigamer said:
Good game, good review, same old bethesda
You got 2/3 right

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
MolotoK said:
Has Yahtzee ever played the originals?
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

I expected much more of a bashing for FO3 by Yahtzee.
It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....
Yet another person who couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't Van Buren. *rolls eyes*

While I disagree with Yahtzee on a few points he does have a point that a lot of it does get monotonous at times, hence why i spend a lot of time picking a direction and exploring. But V.A.T.S. still never gets old. Plus I liken it more to having spontaneously generated the ability to transform into Cleric John Preston and go all gun-kata on people (ok so I stole that from one of the designers who described it that way on the Making of DVD but whatever).

Really hope Bethesda figures out their uncanny valley problem because he's very right about that.

Black Ice

Dec 6, 2007
DeusFps said:
Review far cry 2 next?
That won't be disastrous. Oh wait, he called Fallout 3's environments monotonous...

I'd like to see LBP or Resistance 2 but I'm expecting Gears 2.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Did he....did he actually like this game? Wowza!

EDIT: I personally love this game...at least the 10+ hours I've put into it already.

Mr BeAsT

Nov 19, 2008
Hah the same happened to me with Far cry 2. I've had that games for ages too and still haven't gotten far, because of all the other games coming out ie. fallout 3 and now left 4 dead.

Feb 13, 2008
Argh...conflicting emotions...

No Adverts +1000 xp
Dingy Intro -10xp (cumulative)
Short, Sharp Joke Start: Gain a level
Having one of those bloody crustaceans in there : Go back to start.
*shivers*
Good review, Good nitpicks, Oblique but not intrusive references : Oh get back to the level you were on before I nuked your xp.
End quip : +10xp.

Overall, gain a level and 1000xp.

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
AceDiamond said:
MolotoK said:
Has Yahtzee ever played the originals?
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

I expected much more of a bashing for FO3 by Yahtzee.
It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....
Yet another person who couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't Van Buren. *rolls eyes*

While I disagree with Yahtzee on a few points he does have a point that a lot of it does get monotonous at times, hence why i spend a lot of time picking a direction and exploring. But V.A.T.S. still never gets old.
*eye roll* Someone made a strawman

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
I'm surprised...Knowing how similar it is to Oblivion, I had a horrible feeling of impending doom, but...he said it isnt bad, which was utterly shocking o_o But i gotta agree with him, it gets a BIT monotonous, but i didnt mind that. However, i gotta say, im surprised he didnt complain about the retarded point-of-no-return ending...THAT pissed me off. ><

MarkusAurelius77

Jul 2, 2008
The review was funny, I'm surprised he didn't hammer the flaws. i enjoy the game, am still playing it, but it's far from perfect. Still, yahtzee's reviews are definitely a midweek highlight...

Mirokunite

Nov 22, 2007
I agree with the Far Cry 2 thing Yahtzee.

I got about half way through before Fallout 3 showed up at my front door. Followed by a few other games. So really its just sitting there waiting to get played.

MolotoK

Jul 16, 2008
AceDiamond said:
I'm not complaining about thinks like the first person view or the strange combat system but about things like the incredibly bad writing, unbelievable characters and missing freedom of choice (the main quest has NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER right until the last 30seconds of the game.)

All the strong points of FO1+2 are gone and all thats left is oblivion with new textures and guns.

jewru

Jun 1, 2008
LOL, that was awesome, one of the best yet. i liked fallout 3 , but i did notice it had some weak points, like the copy pasted train station tunnels . i was hoping Yahtzee would do fallout3.