Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
You know, soda does infact dehydrate you, the sugar and flavoring dissolved in it makes it nearly on par with sea water.
This is especially true for soda with caffeine (IE most of them). That one makes you piss more, so you lose even more water that way.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I found myself laughing at this. I liked his immersive attempt at trying to actually immerse himself in the game. I also like how every time a game gets ripped to shreds by the public (bugs bugs bugs copypaseoffallout3 bugs hurp derp) Yahtzee figures out a way to be original with his review. Kudos.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Wow that was kinda creepy, he just described my entire experience with the game from start to finish. Or freeze, rather.

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
Wow, that was dead on accurate, play through the gmae, dont go straight north of your starting town till you have more firepower then a gunship, and enjoy the plethora of crashes when you actually get to vegas
fun game though, i must admit
and its fallout 3.0000001

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Whew... After several 'meh' episodes, ZP returns to it's normal awesomeness. I laughed a lot.

Also, New Vegas is great, despite the bugs.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
It still amazes me that people give Yahtzee's opinion any sort of weight. He's a comedian not a critic, folks. He may point out things that are worth your time to consider, but if you base your purchasing decision solely upon his 'reviews', you're really doing yourself a disservice. You may bleat now. Thank you.

About all that was really relevent was the bit about how it's basically 'Fallout: More Edition', and the lock-up... which, come to think of it, isn't really all that accurate, because the damn thing locks up on me constantly. If he only experienced the one, and it was that far into the game (at least 4-6 hours of playing), he should consider himself lucky.

FurKlarheitIchRant

Nov 9, 2010
this review is what I need, I have a friend that bands on about fallout 3 and has been practically wetting himself every time new vagas is mentioned, so I will probably drag this review right up to his face like a dead body, I hope yatzee reviews black opp's I WANT BLOOD I WANT BLOOD I WANT BLOOD.

Halotestin

Oct 8, 2010
played it for 2 hours at a friends house.

Felt 2 emotions

1) Uggh, not this shit again...
2) why the hell am I staying indoors?

It sucked for me.

If you like fallout 3, get this game.
If you're a mister nostalgia like me for Fallout 1&2, this piece of shit feels like "oblivion with guns in a depressing landscape 2".

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I can't even tell if he even liked the game haha. Since he actually did like Fallout 3 (more than his review let on actually), my guess is "kind of" but is held down by bugs.

On the topic of bugs, over 15 hours the game has froze on me twice, with the odd AI pathfinding bug but so far nothing the prevents progression or casual hours of enjoyments (before crashes of course). All in all New Vegas is superior to Fallout 3 WIHTOUT the bugs but given it came out 2 years after, the comparison isn't that much...

...meh, I'm still loving it.

FurKlarheitIchRant

Nov 9, 2010
solidstatemind said:
It still amazes me that people give Yahtzee's opinion any sort of weight. He's a comedian not a critic, folks. He may point out things that are worth your time to consider, but if you base your purchasing decision solely upon his 'reviews', you're really doing yourself a disservice. You may bleat now. Thank you.

About all that was really relevent was the bit about how it's basically 'Fallout: More Edition', and the lock-up... which, come to think of it, isn't really all that accurate, because the damn thing locks up on me constantly.
this people is why I want to make being a yahtzee fan a religious opinion

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
zelda2fanboy said:
Damn, I was totally into that story. I think I'd probably watch a two hour Yahtzee Fallout story. You know, so long as it didn't freeze.
Hahaha. You said exactly what I was thinking.

How much d'you reckon we'd need to pay Yahtzee to get him to do some kind of storytelling once a week?

Either way, the review has made me reconsider 'rushing out' to get New Vegas.

Still seems like it's worth a playthrough, and by the time I feel obliged to buy it, hopefully they will have ironed out all the bugs.

I do have to wonder if the flies at the beginning of the story were a metaphor for bugs in the game..

Thundorn

Feb 18, 2010
I always enjoy Yahtzee's reviews, although on this occasion i reckon he didnt put enough emphasis on the buggy crap. This title is really called Fallout because I am seriously starting to fall out with my reset button which i have to hit 20 or 30 times a day since i started playing this. Having said that i still appreciate these reviews more then the smarmy comments by some individuals who sit in their ivory towers making snide comments about yahtzee and anyone who listens to him

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This game's got glitches by the number,
bugs by the score,
each day I try to get somewhere
and each day it crashes more
This game's got gliches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,
'cause the quests I do stop counting
and the game picks when to end.

I've heard four songs so many times on the radio (this one and Big Iron have actually on occasion played twice in a row), all I can do is make up new lyrics.

"Play it again,
Johnny Retard"