Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Lord Doom

Aug 7, 2008
ElTigreNegro said:
Lord Doom said:
So didYahtzee lose his british accent?
If he has been reading this topic, what he might be losing already is his mind and the small faith he could had in the human race.
I thought he already lost his faith in the human race.

Soullegend

Oct 29, 2008
hmmm not too sure about the accent tbh (tho ive never been to S.Africa admitidly)

but good review yahtzee and i take it that he didnt like it then - not that i could understand it for the most part. :/

Pyro2190

May 13, 2008
The accent threw me off a bit, lol.

Fun review, thought it was funny that Yatzee's mike caught a siren going by. XD

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
The accent made Yahtzee sound so wierd i uninstalled then reinstalled my friend's sound drive cause i thought the accent was a glitch in his driver......

Very off-throwing

Lord Doom

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if Yahtzee will mention something in the next review about everyone complaining about his accent.

awmperry

Geek of Guns and Games
Apr 30, 2008
An absolute pleasure to see FC2 reviewed at last, and particularly in one of the funniest reviews to date. I would perhaps have been slightly less complimentary about the game, pile of drivel that it was, but an excellent review nonetheless. And, as everyone's saying, the South Efricen eccent added something. ;-)

Oh, to the guy on the first page who wanted "a realistic shooter" - don't bother with FC2, then. The extent of its attention to realism is having four wheels on the vehicles.

TheSear

Oct 3, 2008
I truely believe he didn't hate the game enough :p I could have nit picked a lot more than that and I'm sure everyone else could have too. Look at the 'anti-far cry 2' topics and you'll see what I mean :p

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
pyromcr said:
i love it when he reviews sandbox games, he always hates them!!!
Managed to miss Saints Row 2 somehow?

And to the people who cleverly note how his accent changed in some parts of the vid: You are all thick.

spam_word

Jan 27, 2009
either the real yahtzee died or the accent has gotten thicker 10 fold.

The last minute of video equaled out to Austrailian gibberish to the likes of which my tiny American brain couldn't handle. Lets just hope your videos don't turn into fosters.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
SpartanAssassin said:
Am I the only one who noticed he changed his voice to Austrailian at the end of the video.
That didn't happen, so yes.

Christ nowonder I get mistaken for a Brit, you people don't know what an Aussie sounds like in the first place.

ddog2177

Jan 27, 2009
Despite all of you out there criticizing him for giving his opinion, and those talking to him like Yahtzee is their close personal buddy; but hell i guess overreacting and sticking out by yelling vulgar terms in his ear for a video you obviously spent the time to watch. I must admit though, I do find myself a very cheerful fan-shithead like all of you. Hoping you'll get commented on, or mentioned in another video with him, which you will inevitably spew shit out of you mouth in his direction once your done watching it.
And just to tell all of you about to explode on an unbelievable large shithead volcano about to type your self unconscious, I happen to like all of his videos, YES, even the ones where he shit all over my favorite games.
So Hats off to you Yahtzee (like you can see me through all the constant sheep gaggaling above and around me) you single handedly dragged 43 virgins out of their beds to comment on something they hate.
(disregard the 43 virgin part, in case some of you Muslim or whatever bumm rubbing religion you are)

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
Glad he finally review far cry 2.

the game is actually very fun, but does have its erks and did need some bashing. the multiplayer part would be amazing if ubi could be arsed to sort thier shit out, the singleplayer is a very fun yet flawed experience.

did he complete the game? I don't think so because he didn't take the piss out of the completely erratic and illogical story later on. that was one of my main querks, the finish makes absolutely no sense.

the bear grills joke was the biggest lol. the accent was pretty good, funny cause the setting is alot like the ace film: blood diamond where leonardo di caprio also trys a south effrican excent.

and yes his accent did seem to change at parts, unsure why above poster thinks I am thick for noticing. but hey hes probably POHR.

jias333

Mar 27, 2008
My only bone to pick is the shot at little big planet, that game is fucking fantastic any way you slice it and i wont hear otherwise!!

SpartanAssassin

Jan 21, 2009
Okay I will put it in a way you guys may have noiced instead since that one guy is so stupid. He started to change his voice at the end of the words which made him sound more Austrailian like, I guess you were too stupid to notice, I have very good hearing though so you might just be deaf or can't hear well.