Zero Punctuation: Fuse

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
So the video will not play in high quality version.

EDIT: but standard works.

and as soon as they removed the interesting art style and humor I lost all interest in this game. Still sad that it can only really be described as generic. Still I had hoped something good would have come from this game.

Jan 12, 2012
Poor Fuse. It's destined to be one of those mediocre "what if?" games, where the only time it's brought up is in conversations about how good it could have been.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
I remember the original trailer for it.

...That's pretty much the only thing i think anyone can say about it.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:( Oh what could have been.

:D Oh well. At least we got a funny ZP out of the boring game. That's something at least.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I must applaud Insomniac: even with all the character's heads cut off, somehow they still managed to...

*puts on sunglasses*

... Blow a Fuse
It really blew up in their face, didn't it?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What the fuck happened to you this generation, Insomniac? You used to be such a suave devil, and now you're just some game company that I used to know.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Yeeaah, this game sparked my interest by reminding me of Borferlands, which I love, but after hearing how bleh the game seems to be, I'm just a bit disappointed.

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
Whenever I see a spot of EA on a corner of a box, I start to feel: "Wooozaaa. Another damn bland shooter!"

Thanks Yathzee for showing us, how Generic some things can get :D .

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Aaaand Jim Sterling was right. Never enslave yourself to focus groups, you'll just get samey-same generic piles of fuck out of your effort to reach out to others. Consumers aren't stupid, they're just afraid of not being "in" with the current trends. That, in and of itself, is stupid.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
When Yahtzee went with Fuse's voice, I remembered that I wanted to listen to Mogworld again. Thank you Mr Yahtzee! :D

About the video: Well yeah, to me it went to shit when they changed the art styli and sense of humour, but I guess someone said that already

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I loved the cover-based shooting bit. The disheartened "... Yes" made my day.

Seriously, though, what the hell happened with this game? Overstrike looked, at the very least, highly memorable and unique, the complete opposite of "generic", and we instead wound up with a dull, gritty, cover-based shooter that nobody cares about.

Funny that, if Fuse hadn't come out, people would be saying Insomniac making a game for Xbox One would be a huge killer blow. Now it's feeling more like what happened when Microsoft nabbed RARE and we got Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Hu, I laughed // It's been a while Zero Punctuation, I forgot how funny you can be

Also, slight think about Fuse and Overstrike // They are not the same game // The guys who made Overstrike during testing could not find balance so they changed things and then changed them some more and then had to make new art assets and models cos everything had been changed and some time later a total new game was born

-M

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
This was the best one in a while. I was laughing so hard throughout the video.

Tien Shen

Mar 25, 2010
The game appeared to have promise when it was called FUSE and the trailer reminded me of the sort of a zany parody of a mainstream genre, like 'No One Lives Forever' which parodied the Bond films. Then they went all serious and stripped the characters of their unique outfits and stuck them into matching grey uniforms, and it became just another TPS.

Not to imply that the outfits alone were the issue for me. It's just the original trailer gave the impression it would be humour-filled game with a zany take on something. It wasn't.