Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero III

G4tvgrrl

Feb 13, 2008
Dude, that...thing gives me nightmares. Better off with Clive Winston. And WTF happened to Judy Nails, you jack asses? She was my favorite character! In her place we have a whore that looks like her, yet does not! You can't play classic rock with that...weirdo. I just want to say, the only reason I am begging my dad to get me GH3 is the Halo song you can download.

MaestroCaz

Mar 2, 2008
This may sound really stupid but is there anyway I can get this on my ipod without recording it through my speakers?

I really love it and would like to listen to it on a bus for example :p

please help!
xx

rex0002

May 8, 2008
I agree with most of the critique, except for his whole issue with the "legends of rock" boiling down to merely a "legend" of rock. Maybe I just missed the meaning behind that, but kiss does not strike me as the only legend featured on that list. Oh sure, they could have included more legends for a game with that promise in the title, but to overlook bands like Scorpions, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, Rolling Stones, and Black Sabbath is to make yourself blind to the good aspects of the game in lieu of the bad.

badazz5001

Jul 22, 2008
I love gutar hero but i dont undersand why every 1 is so obssed with it. Plus gutar hero 3 on hard is fucking impossibole

Xelblade

Aug 11, 2008
GH3 isn't that difficult. I don't own a game in the series, and yet I 5 starred every song in the career mode on Expert. I like how the game progresses in a skill curve; if you can't beat a song, which happens a lot, then obviously you're not ready for the songs after it. With the exception of Lou on Expert, which was a *****. In fact, the only song on it I can't beat is The Devil Went Down to Georgia on Expert, which is sort of like the solo in Through the Fire and the Flames, just twice as difficult and twelve times longer.

Gothicgod66

Aug 14, 2008
I didnt really expect you to review GH 3, mostly because most games you review are rather bad or get tedious right when the game actually picks up instead of just forcing 20 minutes of dialogue and text on you until your choking on it. The thing is, you are the most reasonable critics I've ever read/watched a review from. When you talked about the dificulty of the last venue on hard, I was reminded of the countless fails I had on the last venue and nearly threw my PS2 out the window. That isn't nescassarily a bad thing, considering how after trying Raining Blood over 20 times my fingers started to blister and my PS2 overheated and died. Winston was the best character besides the Grim Reaper. After I discovered he wasn't neatly tucked away as a hidden unlockable character like Ness and all those other characters we were happy to get rid of in SSMB. Unknown to most there was a protest group in my neighborhood of about 3 people requesting that the country rocker be made as a character to be downloaded on the 360. Now I'm gonna stop myself before I get into an imbossibly to stop rant on the tiny screw ups about GH III and just say that you are an excellent critic and if anyone says otherwise they can choke on their own spit.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
aaaaah
yahtzee i finally understand what you meant by wankers cramp
its painful XD it hurts my wrist to even move my arm, but goddam GH is fun :p (on easy and medium mode) hehe

Bane3123

Sep 6, 2008
lol yeah the last venue is really hard, i beat it on hard by luck i just saved starpower for the solos and smashed buttons, but i am on expert now and i am currently working on rock band, green grass and high tides is impossible, but i got to 96% then failed......i know ill beat it some day but i dont think real guitar players actually press a million buttons over and over again

ZeroPunctuationFan

Oct 2, 2008
unlike any other ones i like this one the most not because its funny not because people enjoy guitar hero but simply because it makes SENCE.

Qorn

Oct 29, 2008
I'm not proud to say that i played every single one of the guitar hero games so far even rock the 80's, but i found them to be really fun in general. The problems i saw with the series were that every time the added a higher number to the guitar hero name they made it easier by however high the number may say and times it by 10. They overdid the third in the series because when they were trying their best to make the game shiny for the people with the newer consoles they forgot that wasn't what they game was supposed to be about. They could have cool backgrounds all they want, but if they really want to piss people off with such annoyance then why not just poke them on the shoulder until they're on the brink of maiming you and then going after the next person. I found that making hammer-ons and pull-offs easier doesn't give them the right to make a billion extra unnecessary notes to show that they're easier.

FarcusMenix

Nov 18, 2008
hey yahtzee, i found you your fucking freak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IF0G-oKcvs&feature=related

powerrangerplastic

Jan 3, 2009
You?ve seriously got something rolling around in your head if you think that slash is actually a rock legend.

If you can count bashing your fingers on some guitar strings musical genius, then i guess i can be inducted into the hockey hall of fame for throwing a puck at a net and getting it in.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
I still love this game, I haven't made the move to any of the later titles yet. A great review.