Zero Punctuation: Halo 3

Alex Karls

Aug 27, 2007
Fif3 said:
LOL!!!

Just because you've played the first two, doesn't justify bashing on a game you've never played... that just makes you look stupid.
What justifies bashing at all? I'd say nothing, so therefore you wouldn't really need any justification to do it. And whether or not you want to look at people like that as stupid is really up to you. I'm not keen to do that.

In the end, and this is unfortunate, sometimes an argument well made can trump an argument made fairly.

Oct 6, 2007
One day you're all going to realise that the greatest game ever made was Paradroid on the C64 and all this Halo business will be nothing more than a distant memory.

Vitalix

Sep 27, 2007
Smylexx said:
One day you're all going to realise that the greatest game ever made was Paradroid on the C64 and all this Halo business will be nothing more than a distant memory.
Is that the one where your goal is to be bot 999? That game was friggin awesome.

Morayman

Oct 3, 2007
2 days since i last looked on here and everyone is still ripping the Crap out of each other. I refer to my old comment, TAKE A CHILL PILL! its not to be taken so seriously!!! any disgruntled halo fanboys who want to take out their frustration at yahtzees commical review, should go and roar down their headsets at other 13 year old halo fanboys on xbox live, and ask yourselves if the game is so good then why waste your time posting enraged comments on here when you could actually be playing the game...

and if you hadnt realised yet, yes i dislike halo fanboys (_ ¬¬)

Fif3 [deprecated]

Oct 6, 2007
Merlynn said:
For example,Yahtzee never said "no one cares about multiplayer". He said HE didn't care about multiplayer and neither did alot of people. That's it. He didn't say "the majority" or even "most". Just that there are people who don't care about multiplayer and there are alot of them. And even that statement can change based on what you consider "alot".
So it seems as though there is a bit of misinterpretation here... "a lot of people" can mean many things, it can mean most, the majority, over half, ect. I don't think I have ever seen anyone use "a lot" in a situation where they did not mean any of those values. If he did not mean any of those he would have used "some people", correct?

I believe he is very wrong, a lot of people DO care about the multiplayer, if you don't believe me, do a survey of 100 random Halo 3 owners and tell me how many of those don't care about the online play; I think you will come to find you are very wrong in putting such labels on those who bought halo 3.

I didn't come here to argue, I just came here to post my thoughts. If you guys don't agree with them, then that's your problem.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Is all this based upon an unfortunate strawman or so?

Can't some people understand that certain gamers have not been waiting to play Halo 3 for its MP at all?

I get the impression that what certain members here, are saying, can be understood as:

"Oh, geez, playing a FPS in solo is so absurd and lame now. FPS stories suck so much, how can you even buy a FPS game for the solo?"

symphonycometh

Oct 7, 2007
Glad there is a reviewer that doesn't worry about the backlash of fanboys that never played an original shooter.

Halo's average and its about time a reviewer actually saw that...I'm sorry, my mistake:

A reviewer that actually saw that and didn't wimp out at backlash.

symphonycometh

Oct 7, 2007
"I flippin called it."

LOL. That and the Wii. Good review. One of my favorite ones, if not, the best one you did! Keep up the fine work. lol. You should do the same for Killzone 2.

"Lowered my standards."

maluxx [deprecated]

Oct 7, 2007
I am new to the Zero Punctuation reviews, and I must say.. you have a new fan =). I have seriously laughed out loud at some of the stuff you have put out, and I can't wait to see more.

I would LOVE to see your review of Oblivion for the xbox360. I know its been out for awhile..but a new review of an older game never hurts.

REvolve

Oct 7, 2007
I've been watching the reviews for a while and I felt like I should at least register :). Hilarious review and, as ever, I'm excited to see the next one!

And lets hope Microsoft don't take over Switzerland.

MattDark

Oct 5, 2007
Spindrifter said:
Thank you, Yahtzee. I appreciate that there's someone out there who has the ear of gamers and that does not worship at the Church of Halo just because everyone else seems to.
That and he doesnt eat out of sony's hand either, Im glad that he's not the type to say, 'I think ~interst PS2/3 FPS~ is a far better game' like so many people out there are.

But poblem is, there are so many people out there that seem unable to see the fact that there are great games on other consoles that they dont own.

I enjoy Halo 3, but I can see the flaws in it, but being neither a sony or microsoft loyalist dog, Im not going to slate it because its not on the PS3, or fall in love with it because it helped sell the Xbox and the 360, give me a nice RPG over and FPS anyday.
For me, this is another game to keep me going while I wait for a Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 so I have an even bigger libary of games to choose from
(Not that I will stop playing the 360)

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Fif3 said:
Hmm, I really hope this wasn't a serious review, but judging on the time you put into this...

Then I think you have to learn how to make a proper review, excluding multiplayer for one, was a huge mistake; halo 3 has over 1 million things logged on as I type
Fixed.
After hearing a bit of Halo 3 multiplayer, and the "uber leet skilz" needed to play it, I never want to try it again. I don't blame Yahtzee for not wanting to continue to review something after finding out it solidly sucks.

Also, your "one million" information is most likely incorrect, unless you have a valid source. Xbox Live passed 6 million users in March, and I find it unlikely that 1/6th of its users are always online.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Math nothing. Source everything.
Or am I correct, and the Xbox.com page uses every bit of its space to get you to buy stuff, instead of actually telling its customers anything?

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
The matchmaking screen tells you how many people are on in the game. If he has halo 3, the number is accurate.