Zero Punctuation: Haze

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Haze

Drug-addled mercenaries wearing glowing power armor trudging through the jungle with guns. What could possibly go wrong?

Watch Video

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Very nice, it is quite weird how the allies sudenly switch to extreme regen mode and the super soldiers become weaker than infants. Very nice

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
I assumed a MGS review, nonetheless, funny. I lost my luster for haze after it was delayed fifty fucking times.

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
WAR IS BAD, but not as bad as the pro-war-spandex-usage in this from MGS4TV [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/06/mgs4-nano.html] tap that funky foooooot recroooot.

Darzok

Mar 3, 2008
The music at the start fits with the game.

I think you stoped me buying haze makes me think oh man not another crysis like game that just has you runing around killing poorly armed enemys with body armor as strong as a T-shirt that can stop like 20 shots to the chest.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
So, another review that warned me not to buy a game... where would I be without reviews XD Man I laughed my ass off when I heard the "I got high" song! I love it! I also discovered that me and Yahtzee share a love for cornetos :p

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
I actually was lucky enough to attend a presentation by the Haze crew and chatted with their resident scriptwriter. The way he pitched it, I really liked the sound of it, but then again, he pushed the drug element a lot more than the war bit, which must be a bit of a bugger when you're touting a FPS.

Nevertheless, a pleasant return to the upper-level wit that had somehow been dropping away as of late, and although I was never going to but Haze anyway, it's good to know I'm not missing out of much.

Now, off to play Mass Effect for all the sexy jubblies.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I almost expected a review busting the balls of Ninja Gaiden 2's difficulty, but nevertheless, this week's review was very entertaining and as usual, hit the nail on the head.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
Excellent job Yahtzee.

As a fellow reviewer who loved MGS4. I can't wait for you to criticize it!

OriginalUsername

May 8, 2008
Hahaha, i'm glad this game sucked and i hope its sales were terrible. The industry needs to realise the we don't need more generic shooters. Also Fab>Cornetto.

saphronic

May 21, 2008
"Have one's cake and eat it too" is nonsensical because the saying was originally the opposite: "eat one's cake and have it", i.e. still have your cake after you've eaten it.

crabman

May 19, 2008
Well thanks to that review, I now want a cornetto.
I'm already hungry enough!

I have to agree with DoctorNick.
$110???
That's £53! (yeah, I needed to convert it to 'real' money)

Deionarra

Feb 6, 2008
Another top notch review from an entertainment standpoint at least. I can't comment about the validity of the comments about the game it's self as I wasn't stupid enough to have played it. ^^

I think Yahtzee's closing line in this one is my new favourite, my previous being the one from the Perseus Mandate video.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Sadly after the awesome Turok and Halo 3 reviews he's already ripped the guts out of the FPS, hence this review feels kind of like he's desecrating the corpse of the genre and dancing on its grave.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
"...If it wasn't on the back of the fucking box."

Haha, loads of games fall into that trap. They reveal key plot points before we've even played the game. Great review as always.

Prodigs

Nov 17, 2007
Haze was never and will be a remembered game, simply another FPS lost in the dust. I think that should be the goal of every developer of a current gen FPS: How can I make my game stand out, and how do I make it last?