Zero Punctuation: Haze

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
I remember waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in early 2007 when Haze was first announced. I believe the term they used was " Sony's Halo-buster" and that it had also been slated to be released on the PC and Xbox 360. Of course, neither of those came true in the end.

I think I also recall having made a joke relating the Nectar system to drugs in a comic I made back then. Feels kind of odd seeing the joke used by someone else over a year later.

Lythiaren

Mar 5, 2008
Am I the only one slightly disappointed that he didn't have the Portal cake in the "have your cake and eat it" bit?

Good to know this game is just another generic FPS-that-rips-off-all-the-good-FPS. Saved us some money for cornetos.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
A pity Yahtzee went easy on the technical aspects but then again, overkill is not the decent way to go.

Zekko5

Apr 30, 2008
Haha, awesome review, one of your better ones, even!

I had to decide between a Cornetto and a pack of sweets just an hour ago. I went for the pack of sweets, but I'm regretting it already... xD

Bravo315

Jun 4, 2008
It's annoying that an FPS with space Marines can't come out today without everyone shouting "HALO RIPOFF" (Not Ripeoff as mentioned earlier xD).

But great review of a sux0r game.

pshorley

Jun 18, 2008
If only I watched this review before buying Haze, now I have no money for cornettos and cake!

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
The review wasn't as good as some others, as I feel that there were many more things Yahtzee could have criticized, but it was good enough.

I have to say, though, that 2-minute ad did not represent (in my opinion) the Escapist magazine very well. Maybe you should push "sophisticated articles for sophisticated gamers" rather than "Death Metal! ARHHHGH!"

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
Great review as always. The comments about switching to the other side made me think how awesome a game where you must use guerrilla warfare to defeat your enemy would be. Sadly, as pointed out, this game missed the chance.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
mstrlnk7 said:
"First!"s and "Great review!" posts (especially ones made before they could have possibly watched the feature) are annoying, without merit, and basically considered spam. People that do that get banned. Makes sense to me.
Granted but why the hell for 2 WEEKS?

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Another great video, though I found it surprising that he didn't aproach it with quite as much hate as Turok. Also I like that the gun models used this time were from STALKER, I so desperately want yahtzee to review this game.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Another great video, though I found it surprising that he didn't aproach it with quite as much hate as Turok. Also I like that the gun models used this time were from STALKER, I so desperately want yahtzee to review this game.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008

Opps, tripple posted there somehow.

JFork36

Apr 16, 2008
Actually, the original saying was "Eat one's cake and have it too" but somwehere in time "eat" and "have" got swapped so it doesn't make sense anymore.

And now you know.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I have to say that I was considering buying this game, but once I found out the main character is a depressed schmuk haunted by the ghosts of people he killed I didn't feel like listening to him cry about his feelings when I'd rather be blowing things into unrecognizable piles of molten slag.

Take_Opal

Jun 18, 2008
You should review EVE Online next, it's definitely not a generic MMO. And there is a free 21 day trial on STEAM.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Take_Opal said:
And I don't get how it's $110! Isn't it just a PS3 game that costs 60 dollars?
He said austrailian dollars, take what he says and assume its about 50 or 60 american dollars