Zero Punctuation: Holiday 2010

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Rather enjoyable, but the lack of the usual toss-ins during the end credits kinda of spoiled it for me. It made me think that Yahtzee only authored the first part, and then had the Imps handle the selection and inclusion of the actual quips/analogies/etc.

But again, I'm willing to forgive if only because that was a refreshing change of pace.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
Lordofthesuplex said:
Yahtzee, I don't need 5 minutes to contemplate how much of a tosser you are like the rest of us. Also the Red Steel 2 quip really isn't that good enough to be on this list. Especially not when the "Go watch my Mario Galaxy 1 review while I just sit here slapping myself" bit from his Mario Galaxy 2 review was funnier. See even in reviews I hate, he still manages to be funny.

Also a better Dead Rising 2 quote to use is "Oh okay, I'll just leave you inside that zombie's mouth for an or two while I go to find an ATM. Hang on there survivor, I forgot, did you say you wanted money or to be punched in the face by flaming boxing gloves because those I've got."
There was a better quote in the SMG2 review, in my opinion. It went: "This is something we used to call an expansion pack, in which Nintendo calls, KA-CHING!" That one had me rolling the first time I heard it.

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Instead of watching clips clumsily edited together, I spent 5 minutes in silence contemplating whether Yahtzee's videos have simply dropped in quality or if the novelty of them is starting to wear off, and either way lamenting how I'm not as big a fan of a single source of free entertainment as I used to be.

Then I wondered what it would take for all his internet fans to unexpectedly and violently turn on him, like they did with MySpace.

Then I wondered what the hell I was doing and scoffed a couple of Quality Streets.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I was hoping to hear the Sims 3's chocolate cunnalingus machine quote =[

Also, if your back in the UK... MEET UP WITH REBECCA MAYES!

Geekeric

Sep 8, 2010
Okay, here's my analogy:

Saying Zero Punctuation is the best thing on Escapist is like saying sex is the best part of life or that orgasms are the best part of sex. It's all pretty bloody obvious, isn't it?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
After seeing the ending, I remember why I don't read books: they're more boring than video games, and MUCH more boring than watching Zero Punctuation.

May 26, 2010
Geekeric said:
Okay, here's my analogy:

Saying Zero Punctuation is the best thing on Escapist is like saying sex is the best part of life or that orgasms are the best part of sex. It's all pretty bloody obvious, isn't it?
*Drinks to that*

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Picked up the funny quips and I salute you for that.Especially like the "War" ones with "I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN!",freaking hilarious.

Anyway,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Mr.Croshaw and to everyone else on Escapist!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's been a dry month anyway...

This would make for a fun little quiz though: What ZP snark belongs with which game?

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
Only one I think is missing is Just Cause 2's "why? beats the fuck out of me!". And wasn't that one about "pink shirt? oh no, shit's getting real!" this year too?

Slaingod

Apr 22, 2009
Merry Christmas all!! Also have a happy New Year! May you all drink yourselves stupid. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
How dare you Yahtzee trying to have a week off? Your job includes playing video games! I bet I can guess what you're doing right now! If I had your job I would never take a day off and everyday I would be doing overtime, hell screw paying me just give me another game, food and a place to sleep!

Edit: Its like asking for a day off when your job is pleasing the vaginas of the supermodels we send you!

Hmm...so thats what it feels like to rant like Yahtzee...oops wait forgot the vagina joke, done!

/sarcasm

I will admit Im a bit disappointed he didn't get to review Fable 3 before the new year

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Best clip show intro ever. I was honestly expecting that it would be just 5 minutes of watching that screen with no audio though, which would have also been funny.

Disgruntledgrrl

Oct 4, 2008
Crap, some of those I don't remember - now I gotta go rewatch the whole year.

Yay! A Zero Punctuation Marathon while on cold medicine!!

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
I did not know he had the week off. So it was unexpected, but in a good way I suppose. I found it mildly amusing. Was really kinda looking forward to a review because I haven't heard of...well, anything coming out lately.
You should watch last year's episode. He almost literally told us to fuck off because he was on holiday. Then reminded us that its was summer in one last middle finger to his norther hemisphere fans.