Zero Punctuation: Hunted: The Demon's Forge

MobiusZwei

Dec 6, 2010
I got this game and played it with a friend, we had a lot of fun, I think all the hate the game is getting is over-done.

cmdrmonkey

Apr 19, 2010
Yeah who cares about this game. I like everyone else just want to hear him rip on that godawful piece of crap Duke Nukem Forever. Endlessly delayed to the point of irrelevance with dated graphics, terrible gameplay, and unfunny rape and poop themed humor, DNF is a textbook example of how not to make a game.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
ace_of_something said:
I'm pleased that the mcguffin in the review was a delicious cadbury egg. I would go thru mezzanine mazes for cadbury eggs.

I'm surprised Yahtzee has to explain that games that came out a day ago can't be reviewed. I thought everyone would've figured that out by now...
Yah, but often times he releases his review after all the outrage died down so it feels like he came late to a party, a great example being Fallout New Vegas and his climatic joke at the end that came after millions of threads on the games bugs probably on here alone and people had stopped posting them.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I would say funny review, but that's what I always say, so I'll say it backwards: weiver ynnuf. Seriously, Yahtzee, you brighten up my Wednesdays.
Also, I bet he's going to hate DNF. I can just feel it.

Aug 25, 2009
Why does anyone want Yahtzee to do DNF? We all know it sucks, we all know exactly why it sucks, and besides a few colourful analogies what more could he add to the pile? DNF is probably the most reviewed game this whole year, there is no need for someone else to do another review of it. Reviewers have reviewed it, gamers have reviewed it, online movie critics have reviewed it, there is enough text and video about Duke Nukem to bury Gearbox Studios in paper and celluloid. No more says I.

Nice review though. I do like it when he does a review of a game that was simply bland, rather that truly terrible, so he does a couple of extra minutes on something largely unrelated to make up the time.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
HankMan2.0 said:
I bet that first boss fight really bugged you, eh Yahtzee?

<color=red>What, Did you think I was gone forever?
Wait, I thought you only got suspended for two weeks.

Also, did you have to use a different email address when signing up again?

NeoVoid

Jun 15, 2011
MelasZepheos said:
Why does anyone want Yahtzee to do DNF? We all know it sucks, we all know exactly why it sucks, and besides a few colourful analogies what more could he add to the pile? DNF is probably the most reviewed game this whole year, there is no need for someone else to do another review of it. Reviewers have reviewed it, gamers have reviewed it, online movie critics have reviewed it, there is enough text and video about Duke Nukem to bury Gearbox Studios in paper and celluloid. No more says I.

Nice review though. I do like it when he does a review of a game that was simply bland, rather that truly terrible, so he does a couple of extra minutes on something largely unrelated to make up the time.
Yahtzee has that special flare the makes even the most suck even worst.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
It gets rather worrying when you can tell a game is bad on first glance.
When I saw this game pop up in an advertisement a few months back I instantly thought "Yep, that'll be crap." Just from the splash screen.
Call it presumptuous, but I haven't been wrong in years.

Also has the added bonus of knowing when a game is good... thank you GameSpot for that one The World Ends With You banner you put up years ago <3

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Two Angels said:
woodaba said:
Can't say im suprised. Hunted is one of the worst games ive had the displeasure of playing in a LONG time.
Try out Mindjack and you'll see what a truly bad game is and realise how Hunted isn't that bad.

IMO this game isn't that bad. I enjoyed it more than I did Homefront, DNF and a couple of the other releases this year. The Online co-op was very bad but playing co-op is a good laugh and when I didn't have someone to play with I never had any problems with the AI. Actually on the flip side I found the AI to be quite good as it saved my bacon a number of times during boss fights when I was playing as Caddoc.

Pretty much agreed, I had a lot of fun with it in solo play and think it will be pretty awesome for playing through with my Fiance.

Granted midway through the game you become pretty much unstoppable but sometimes it's fun to just mow things down. I'm going back for an Oldschool playthrough to see if that makes any differenc on the difficulty, I hear enemies get a 60% buff on health and damage and you get a -10% debuff on health.

People seriously need to loosen up, drink some beer and just enjoy something rather than try to pick it apart just because it isn't the same as something else.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
MelasZepheos said:

You're forgetting that most don't watch Yahtzee for the criticism, but to see him bash a potentially bad game.

And given the whole "most popular review ever" thing, Yahtzee personally hoping that DNF would carry the spirit of old FPS gaming, which it didn't, and the fact that the game itself is so vulgar that it would probably offend even him, people have a lot of reasons to look forward to this review despite its probable lack of anything new to say.

Personally, I've already made up my mind regarding DNF(as I'm sure everyone else has), and I'm just waiting for the wall tits to hit the fan.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I was hoping for an E3 paddling. But seeing as you explained how your system works, it now makes sense.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Look at it this way. Technically you already reviewed Duke Nukem Forever, so there's no sense in reviewing it again. Now you have loads of free time to review anything you like

:D your welcome.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Please, DON'T do DNF. Then we can all keep your image of what the game should be like and hide from the giant, wrinkly wang of truth.

jaateloauto

Jan 23, 2008
Does Yahtzee have dementia? He already reviewed DNF ages ago. He basically said it's the best game of all time. So I'm off to the store to buy 10 copies because I trust that a man of his moral integrity would never lie to his audience.

Muggizz

May 24, 2009
"Not trying to operate a fucking forklift" got me so hard. Haha so simple but yet so funny

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Don't worry Yahtzee, I'm very much aware of how long it must take to make a video, and that's disregarding all the other stuff you do.