Zero Punctuation: inFamous

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
hahaha his health bar is a 6 foot mars bar and your diabetic, that was an awesome analagy.
Easily his best review by miles, cracked me up and made some solid points, GJ Ben.

and the Bam off world slavery bit also got me.

TheFace

Feb 6, 2009
Great review. I got the game the day it came out and I agree with the review. It's so much fun to play.

Review Prototype next!

...well I'll probably get that when it comes out too. Looks like fun.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Nice review.

I think the game excels at being a sandbox game because it never really forces you to repeat things or take long quests. Most missions are nice, short and varied which make them a joy to complete and never get on your tits. GTA 4 showed how to fuck up this aspect, always making you drive around endlessly while repeating missions.

I find it a bit bland but the pacing is awesome. It's a game that is designed to be a game:
Short, mindless fun.

TruthMan

May 20, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
It appears that the new front-page layout has prevented the usual "LAWL IZ 1ST COMMENT LOOK AT ME MOM!" So, if nothing else, it's accomplished that.

"It's like his health meter is a six foot Mars bar and you're a diabetic." It does look like a cool game, but alas I don't have a PS3 and have no intent on buying one.
Just get Prototype instead pretty much the same thing except better

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
You know what would be awesome, a sandbox game with no plot whatsoever, no missions and a damn decent character customization system all of which would let me do whatever the fuck I want and have a damn good time doing it.

TruthMan

May 20, 2009
TheFace said:
Great review. I got the game the day it came out and I agree with the review. It's so much fun to play.

Review Prototype next!

...well I'll probably get that when it comes out too. Looks like fun.
Prototype just came out today

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Undead Dragon King said:
Ha-ha, another anti-Republican joke for all the little leftist Escapists.

It's getting old, Yahtzee. It soured the review for me.
The truth never gets old.

If you're playing along and making a joke too, I can respect that.

If you seriously believe it, then I feel sorry for you.

EkEMaN

Dec 27, 2006
The good/evil system really did fail. My idea would be a good/evil system were when you have a chance to upgrade the upgrades that are of the opposite nature (as in evil when you are good) will be more expensive or cheaper based on how good or evil you are. I.e. if you wanted to buy the orphan killing-kitten eating move it would only cost you 100 points if you were completely evil, 200 points if you were neutral and 300 points if you were an absolute saint.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Trust Yahtzee to find something dreadful in a game that other reviewers have thrown roses aplenty to.

Also to answer the end credits question: I'm not sure it's worth pondering.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Oh my god he loves the game. I thought he was was going to crucify it. Best quote this far: ELECTRO ***** FASCIST STATE! I got floored. I knew he was gonna complain about the karma system but hey, noone is perfect.

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
lol..i loved the last bit..
"cause truly evil person will act all high and bening and when you least expect it CLAP world slavery"xP....

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Naaaaah, I would so much want to laugh at this, but only the giant super-robots built by psychic hobos and "Save kitten OR cannibalise youths" are now in my mind.

Adn WTF? He actually liked it? Grrr, more reason for me to mourn not having enough money to buy a PS3 and inFAMOUS.

Actually it was even closer to his dream of a perfect sandbox game than Saints row 2.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Review was a bit tame this time, but I agree so much with all of it I don't care.
It cannot be said enough these retarded morality systems in games can fuck off.

Who started this stupid trend anyway? Was it Molyneux with Fable?