Zero Punctuation: inFamous

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
"finally a hero in a sand box game that can justify why he doesn't swim"

"how does he jerk off?" xD

L0ki

Jul 11, 2008
I agree that a black and white good and evil system is a combination of being to lazy to add in the gray and trying to make you play the game twice, however, in this game I find it more acceptable because the game is set up to be like a comic book so hero rising from the ashes and the opportunistic villain makes more sense.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
There are a few good morality systems out there, like say the one for Nocturne, but they tend to be more relativist that don't use good or evil.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
The Great JT said:
Really, I have to agree with Yahtzee. Moral choice systems really only boil down to "people don't want to kill you" or "people are unable to kill you because they're dead." I would like to see them go away and just say, "you're the bad guy, deal with it, go fuck some shit up."

My one question is "is it worth getting a PS3 for inFamous?"
Its not worth getting a PS3 for inFamous, but its worth getting inFamous if you have a PS3. I suggest buying the PS3 when God of War 3 comes out. March 2010.

EDIT: I hope he reviews Prototype and the Red...something. I just want to know his takes on these 3 sandbox games. Mostly i just want him to review Prototype just to his comparisons to inFamous and Prototype

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Hmm...gotta say, I agree. Has anyone yet made a game with a Neutral moral path?
If you read my reply you would see that yes there is one, Galactic Civ II :)

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
Now it's only a matter of time before he reviews Prototype and does the unavoidable comparison between the two.

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
Pellucid said:
Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate Yahtzee and ZP, but I really hope he finds some new material before he ends up like the Internet equivalent of the Simpsons.
You mean you hope he is able to do this for 20 years and still provide content?

Quite the well-wishing!

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
I agree there should be more too it that good and evil. it be nice if there where decisions that aren't clean cut as good or evil, ie like real life.

but I disagree that choice in games is pointless and just makes you replay the game twice. I just enjoy games alot more when there is choice, the fact that I can play it twice or sometimes thrice without getting bored is just a bonus.

and yahtzee please don't compare different electricity control applications in terms of realism, you have to be a moron not to realise all the applications in the game are completely ridiculous. apart from maybe electricuting people to death.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
Ha-ha, another anti-Republican joke for all the little leftist Escapists.

It's getting old, Yahtzee. It soured the review for me.
The truth never gets old.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
"Finally a hero in a sand box game that can justify why he doesn't swim"

Best part of the review.

I doubt he's going to review Prototype next, he usually doesn't review two similar games in a row. He'll probably review Red Faction 3, or Sims 3 (that should be an interesting one).