Zero Punctuation: Inversion

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Inversion

This week, after the surprise of Spec Ops: The Line, Inversion has us back to being able to judge a game by the cover.

Watch Video

charliesbass

Feb 22, 2012
I really hated this game. I thought it was going to be a unique gem after the TomSka video but it just became another repugnant shooter. Anyway, thanks for your input Yahtzee.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Be ye video game? or be ye checklist?

That's going on my imaginary list of "best things Yahtzee said".

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I hate it when a game promises you Cadbury creme eggs and then doesn't deliver. Not even those mini creme eggs. Damnit.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It's gotta be Russel Davis. And maybe it's actually about the writer/producer of Torchwood and the whole game is what goes on inside his head.

TheFriskySpatula

Aug 14, 2011
If the fact that a game has guns in it makes me reconsider a purchase, there's too damn many shooters in the market :/

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fresh Prince is timeless!

Hmmm..Prince of Bel-Air: Sands of Time.

Sorry, trying to think of something better than a boilerplate shooter.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
And you'd like to take a minute just sit right there to tell us how you became the prince of a town called Bel-Air?

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
charliesbass said:
I really hated this game. I thought it was going to be a unique gem after the TomSka video but it just became another repugnant shooter. Anyway, thanks for your input Yahtzee.
Wait there was a Tomska video about this game? When was this?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
trollpwner said:
Ha! That ending really got me!

Anyway, does anyone mind spoiling that plot twist for me? (In tags, natch.) I mean, after that, it's not like I was going to play it anyway.

EDIT: never mind, I found out and it makes sense.

If you want spoilers, go to this forum.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/977455-inversion/63049549
That's a bit like Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom then, but in that game you can start figuring out the twist by the end of the first "generation".

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
The only thing I'd ever seen about this game was the cover art. I guess it was one of those games that the publisher was embarrassed by. Who was the publisher anyway? And no, I'm not going to Google it, because I don't really care.

On another note, Fresh Prince: The Game. Somebody make that right now.

Elyxard

Dec 12, 2010
I think this was released during E3. You can definitely tell that the publisher just wanted to get this out there without anyone noticing.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Fresh Prince is timeless!

Hmmm..Prince of Bel-Air: Sands of Time.

Sorry, trying to think of something better than a boilerplate shooter.
I wanto play that NOW. Get on it, Ubisoft!

The V Man said:
To quote Lord Humongous:

"Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror."
But what then will Yahtzee gripe about? Good to see him back spewing his hate bile on cliche'ed malarkey.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
So they basically borrowed one mechanic from Half-Life 2, another from Prey, didn't implement either one very well, and called it a day?